The official Poutine thread

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
The official Poutine thread
Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 14:43 Quote
dirtjumper25 wrote:
I stopped for poutine on the way down to the Ontario Cup Horshoe Valley race but by the time I found the camera, my poutine was gone Frown

hahaha good one!

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 21:01 Quote
you guys like the bk poutine

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 at 16:37 Quote
so i'm the main subject of this thread and nowone told me !!
haha joking. i love poutine (:

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 at 16:40 Quote
I really do love poutine like all of youtup , i just hate when they put a small amount of cheese on them when i paid like $5 for itReally Mad Madder

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 at 16:52 Quote
nmckenzie wrote:
I really do love poutine like all of youtup , i just hate when they put a small amount of cheese on them when i paid like $5 for itReally Mad Madder

It's worse when the gravy is cold or not hot enough to melt the cheese!

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 at 16:58 Quote
Kbone wrote:
nmckenzie wrote:

It's worse when the gravy is cold or not hot enough to melt the cheese!
Ye, i hate when the cheese is cold and all in one place!

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 at 17:53 Quote
haha you should see how much fries and gravy i put on the bk ones,i can barely close the lid

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 at 19:17 Quote
bk as in burger king? those suck, the fries a thin and cheap and the sauce is too liquid... realy poutine has those big unsalted fries with the skin unpeeled and thick, brown gravy.

The best pout is at Banquise in montreal... all they have is poutine and they make it f*ckING well.. mm.

at some point this winter id eat poutine like twice a week, now im kinda sick of it, i only have real good poutine from belle province or banquise and stuff... that shit is so bad for your health Razz

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 at 19:41 Quote
konaman24 wrote:
bk as in burger king? those suck, the fries a thin and cheap and the sauce is too liquid... realy poutine has those big unsalted fries with the skin unpeeled and thick, brown gravy.

The best pout is at Banquise in montreal... all they have is poutine and they make it f*ckING well.. mm.

at some point this winter id eat poutine like twice a week, now im kinda sick of it, i only have real good poutine from belle province or banquise and stuff... that shit is so bad for your health Razz

What about is the address of this banquise? Is it near hull or gatineau?

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 at 20:07 Quote
no its in downtown montreal

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 at 20:11 Quote
www.montrealpoutine.com has all you need to know about poutine, also has the address to Banquise...

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 at 20:17 Quote
i hate one tonight and i'm baked so they are the shit tonight!

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 16:18 Quote
I have a good poutine story, a couple years ago I was in Whistler skiing sometime in February, and appearently Americans have a holiday around the same time as we were there, so the lift lines were really busy, the challets were busy, the bars were busy, the hotels were busy, you get the picture. So I'm in one of the challets on Whistler (I don't remember which one) and I've ordered my poutine (what other food is there when you're skiing?), and I turn around and this woman, who I later learned was from Seattle, was like "WTF is that?" (looking as if she was going to ralph) and of course I was said "It's poutine" (cause she should have known), I guess you had to be there...

That was some good poutine, and for the arm and leg it cost, it had to be. Probably the worst gravy is at harvey's or mary brown's chicken, it's all good when there's the cheese and fries (or taters, if you're having poutaters) but you try to eat that salt/grease/fat combo on it's own, you're goin to puke.

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 16:42 Quote
My best friend owns a poutine restaurant it's sort of like a small pizza place but poutine only. Best poutine in vancouver! For you guys that live here you've probably been there if not you have to go, place is called Fritz. Best part is they're right in downtown and open till 5 am, I always go there after a night of partying. They make real gravy not from a packet.

me1223 that's a pretty funny story and reminds me of a time I was in whistler at tim hortons. These americans were like timbits? What the hell is a timbit. And when they saw them they said they've never seen or tasted doughnuts like these before.

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 0:40 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.homersteinweiss.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/poutine.jpgwhat would you guys do to have that right now?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.030523
Mobile Version of Website