Riders in North Carolina

PB Forum :: USA - East
Riders in North Carolina
Posted: Feb 28, 2016 at 9:51 Quote
Heading to Asheville in a few days. I know the weathers been pretty sh*t, but I was curious his the trail conditions are at bailey or bent creek. Anyone have the low down?

Posted: Mar 1, 2016 at 7:27 Quote
I went to Bent Creek on Sunday. Perfect dirt. It will probably rain tonight and really early on Friday (3/04) so the dirt might be soft. There were really nasty patches of mud on some short parts of Bent Creek but it was rideable with enough pedaling. You can always call Bailey Mountain for trail conditions. 855-743-3962 is their number.

Have fun!
-cutyall

Posted: Apr 4, 2016 at 5:42 Quote
hello buddy , planning a roadtrip whit my girlfriend in the Pisgah area. Any suggestion for the best area and trail ??? a nice place for camping, place for a beer ?. Im a DH guy so im search for flow trail Wink

Thanks !!! and sorry for my bad english!

Posted: Apr 4, 2016 at 7:12 Quote
I camped near brevard at the Davidson campground. It was a beautiful campground with showers, bathrooms, and right next to a flowing river. Also near by is a bike shop called The Hub which is a great spot since they have food and a bar there. Also near the campground are lots of trails. Try to get atleast one run down Black Mountain trail, it was pretty flowy. Hope this helps.

Posted: Apr 4, 2016 at 7:13 Quote
If you want DH, Bailey Mountain is the place to go. Just make sure that the weather is going to be good. Pisgah has very rough, rooty trails. Sierra Nevada is a nice place to go and drink and eat (although I can't even drink yet.) There are lots of good bars in Asheville.

Cheers!

Posted: Apr 4, 2016 at 13:38 Quote
^^^THIS^^^ Bailey Bike Park is a must.

O+
Posted: Apr 4, 2016 at 18:23 Quote
yup. It's almost heaven

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 at 8:43 Quote
Hey all! Moved to Raleigh NC from the UK, finally got my ass into gear and bought some bikes, not hunting for decent trails!
I know I'm not gonna find any amazing downhill in the Raleigh area, but if anyone knows of anything even just a little bit more find than the Tobacco Trail and a little closer than Asheville it would be appreciated!

Mod O+
Posted: Apr 24, 2016 at 9:24 Quote
Dancrompton wrote:
Hey all! Moved to Raleigh NC from the UK, finally got my ass into gear and bought some bikes, not hunting for decent trails!
I know I'm not gonna find any amazing downhill in the Raleigh area, but if anyone knows of anything even just a little bit more find than the Tobacco Trail and a little closer than Asheville it would be appreciated!

Have a look here on Trailforks.

Posted: May 7, 2016 at 19:13 Quote
Moving back to Maggie Valley from Mammoth Lakes in 3 months. I lived in MV from 97-01 and I've been in Mammoth since. Back when I lived in the area Tsali was the go to with the Bent Creek area catching on. I know DuPont had trails back then but for some reason I never got down that way to ride.

Excited to be moving back and riding Bailey, Pisgah and DuPont. Now I just need some riding buddies! PM if you'd been down to show a young 45 year old down to earth fellow around on some of the AM/DH trails. Thanks!

Posted: Jun 8, 2016 at 11:09 Quote
i will be down in asheville next week (june 13th week) thinking of taking my son (13) to beech mtn on friday the 17th. anyone have any little grom rippers that may want to meet up and ride with him
and any insight on the mtn.... i hear good things about it

Posted: Jun 13, 2016 at 4:25 Quote
Really want to bring my HT for Dupont/Bent Creek and maybe something like Wilson or Fletcher Creek. Of course I would throw gears on it and probably a dropper as well. Any reason not to?

photo

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2016 at 20:10 Quote
browntown40 wrote:
Really want to bring my HT for Dupont/Bent Creek and maybe something like Wilson or Fletcher Creek. Of course I would throw gears on it and probably a dropper as well. Any reason not to?

photo

Go for it!

I don't live in the area anymore but I wouldn't hesitate to bring my hardtail along for riding in those areas. I've got plenty of friends that love their hardtails down there.

I don't know what your gearing is but there are plenty of single speeders in that area.
Unless you're going to look for some big hits there isn't a huge reason for a dropper post either.

Posted: Jun 16, 2016 at 5:45 Quote
Thanks for the heads up on the dropper. We have changed some of our planned trails. With Kitsuma or Black Mountain high on the list. While I love the single speed in FL - I dont think im ready to climb real mountains with it.

O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2016 at 19:29 Quote
browntown40 wrote:
Thanks for the heads up on the dropper. We have changed some of our planned trails. With Kitsuma or Black Mountain high on the list. While I love the single speed in FL - I dont think im ready to climb real mountains with it.

You're going to love it.
I wish I didn't have to move away. Be careful though, you may not want to go back to Florida.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.098322
Mobile Version of Website