Riders in North Carolina

PB Forum :: USA - East
Riders in North Carolina
O+
Posted: Dec 4, 2022 at 12:55 Quote
Thank you t-rick, kiranseligman, and gmoss for the beta. I ultimately had to set aside my plans for a ride but will be back in the spring / summer and will make the time for a trip out to Pisgah. After 8+ hours in the plane a 3 hour dive isn't much if it leads to some really great trails.

ryan

Posted: Dec 4, 2022 at 13:04 Quote
Let me know, be glad to join ya.

O+
Posted: Dec 4, 2022 at 15:00 Quote
gmoss wrote:
Let me know, be glad to join ya.

Me as well

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2022 at 2:01 Quote
Hi everybody,

My name's Hugo, I'm 37 years old and leave for now in France where I have worked in mountain bike field since 2000.

I have founded and owned 2 bikeparks (1 big pumptrack/bmx race tracks and bike school and 1 tiny mountain bikepark with a lift). Since Covid period, I stopped bikeparks and I have created a beautiful bikeshop. You can visit it by drone on my Youtube channel just here :

https://youtu.be/VW5FIOlLV5M

In 2023, with my wife, we want to run new challenges and have decided to come to live in the USA.

My bikeshop is for sale and I'm looking to buy a store in the USA.

My targeted states are north Carolina and nearby states, Oregon and nearby states, Colorado and nearby states. I'm also open to other states. My budget will be between 150 and 200 000$. I'm looking for a small store to develop or a store to straighten up.

Maybe someone know a bikeshop for sale. There are not so many bike shops on bizbuysell.com

I welcome any information or advice.

Thank you in advance and I'm looking forward to ride in the USA :-)

Posted: Feb 20, 2023 at 0:04 Quote
willywonks wrote:
Possibly moving into the Charlotte area next summer from San Diego. How is the riding scene within an hour window around there for some weekday type rides? Outside of the locations you can find on the internet/ trailforks..where are the guys at to ride with for the no strava/ off the map good stuff?

Stay in California or move to Oregon,Idaho or Austin. I know they love Californians moving there.

Posted: Mar 5, 2023 at 9:01 Quote
Hello guys,

Soon ill be moving to Raleigh area and im wondering what kind of trails they have in there, can do an hr drive to have better trail options. I saw some footage on youtube but i think its always best to ask locals that really know the area.

Is an enduro bike too much around Raleigh? Thought about selling it and get a shorter travel.

Also, are e-bikes ok around the area? Or they have lots of restrictions like trails in sedona.

Thanks

O+
Posted: Mar 5, 2023 at 12:31 Quote
machunurin wrote:
Hello guys,

Soon ill be moving to Raleigh area and im wondering what kind of trails they have in there, can do an hr drive to have better trail options. I saw some footage on youtube but i think its always best to ask locals that really know the area.

Is an enduro bike too much around Raleigh? Thought about selling it and get a shorter travel.

Also, are e-bikes ok around the area? Or they have lots of restrictions like trails in sedona.

Thanks

I’m in chapel hill, there’s a good bunch of trails in the area that are good, I prefer downhill and most of the stuff is cross country however. There’s some decent descents in chapel hill on some local trails, but nothing spectacular and quite short. In Raleigh there’s Umstead and Crabtree which has a decent bit of trails, some jumps mixed in there as well. Not sure how far from where you’ll be but there’s San Lee which has single track which is a lot of techy rocks, and a gravity park with machine built jumps that are pretty good and are a decent size. If you look at the TORC website you’ll find trail status and locations. Some better than others- if you wanna drive out obviously you’ve got pisgah and a little closer is the Boone area with Wilson’s creek which is awesome, plus Charlotte area has a decent selection of trail. There’s also three shuttle/lift bike parks in the area, and a pedal access downhill park in Asheville area. I’d be happy to show you around some of the local chapel hill trails if you want as well

Posted: Mar 5, 2023 at 12:50 Quote
kiranseligman wrote:
machunurin wrote:
Hello guys,

Thanks

I’m in chapel hill, there’s a good bunch of trails in the area that are good, I prefer downhill and most of the stuff is cross country however. There’s some decent descents in chapel hill on some local trails, but nothing spectacular and quite short. In Raleigh there’s Umstead and Crabtree which has a decent bit of trails, some jumps mixed in there as well. Not sure how far from where you’ll be but there’s San Lee which has single track which is a lot of techy rocks, and a gravity park with machine built jumps that are pretty good and are a decent size. If you look at the TORC website you’ll find trail status and locations. Some better than others- if you wanna drive out obviously you’ve got pisgah and a little closer is the Boone area with Wilson’s creek which is awesome, plus Charlotte area has a decent selection of trail. There’s also three shuttle/lift bike parks in the area, and a pedal access downhill park in Asheville area. I’d be happy to show you around some of the local chapel hill trails if you want as well

Thanks! Ill reach out when im ready to ride. I guess its best to just keep enduro for bike park and get shorter travel for local trails.

O+
Posted: Mar 5, 2023 at 12:53 Quote
machunurin wrote:
kiranseligman wrote:
machunurin wrote:
Hello guys,

Thanks

Thanks! Ill reach out when im ready to ride. I guess its best to just keep enduro for bike park and get shorter travel for local trails.

I’m riding an evil offering, 140 back 160 front with a coil. It’s setup more for dh and I’m not at all a fast climber/pedaller. I’m getting a dh bike for park, but if you’ve got the funds I’d get an enduro bike and shorter travel trail bike.

Posted: Mar 5, 2023 at 13:05 Quote
kiranseligman wrote:
machunurin wrote:
kiranseligman wrote:

I’m riding an evil offering, 140 back 160 front with a coil. It’s setup more for dh and I’m not at all a fast climber/pedaller. I’m getting a dh bike for park, but if you’ve got the funds I’d get an enduro bike and shorter travel trail bike.

Yea i think ill keep my ripmo and get a ripley or something around that travel. Do you know if ebikes are ok around the area?

Posted: Mar 5, 2023 at 13:45 Quote
Check out tarheel trailblazers website as well. Based out of Charlotte. I think a trail bike up to 150mm wouls be fine, then, if/when you decide to come west to the foothills, you will be happy. Lots and lots of trails in thw western half of the state.

O+
Posted: Mar 5, 2023 at 15:33 Quote
machunurin wrote:
kiranseligman wrote:
machunurin wrote:

Yea i think ill keep my ripmo and get a ripley or something around that travel. Do you know if ebikes are ok around the area?

E-bikes are very much so welcome, just don’t be an idiot to others on the trails.

Posted: Mar 5, 2023 at 17:05 Quote
Until you get to the mtns. Some areas do not allow. Easiest way to find out more is the webaite or call local bike shops.

Posted: Mar 5, 2023 at 18:38 Quote
kiranseligman wrote:
machunurin wrote:
kiranseligman wrote:

E-bikes are very much so welcome, just don’t be an idiot to others on the trails.

Good to know. Thanks yall

gmoss wrote:
Until you get to the mtns. Some areas do not allow. Easiest way to find out more is the webaite or call local bike shops.

do you know which area has restriction? if not its ok ill ask around. Thanks

O+
Posted: Mar 5, 2023 at 18:59 Quote
machunurin wrote:
kiranseligman wrote:
machunurin wrote:

Good to know. Thanks yall

gmoss wrote:

do you know which area has restriction? if not its ok ill ask around. Thanks

Most of pisgah is off limits for e-bikes. Kanuga bike park is the perfect place for e bikes as you’ve gotta pedal to the top for the dh runs. Everything in the Raleigh triangle area is good on e bikes as well

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.267937
Mobile Version of Website