Whats the longest you have stayed awake

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Whats the longest you have stayed awake
Posted: Sep 19, 2009 at 19:24 Quote
and its free and legal..well, just dont drive after being up 24 hours, i hear thats considered driving impaired (which makes sense)

and this past week i didnt get much sleep. thursday night i went into the city, and hour and a half drive, to watch my best friends hockey game. i wasnt driving, but i was tired enough that everything seemed to be like...layered? everything at a certain distance really popped out. it was kinda like a pop-up book. it was cool. and i felt like i was in a movie after the game...not sure if that was related to the lack of sleep or not though.

Mod
Posted: Sep 19, 2009 at 19:46 Quote
4o hours for me.

But it's possible to not sleep for 40 to 50 Days. Learned about it in school. Rare genetic disease that turns off your ability to sleep completely. Eventually you die.

Posted: Sep 19, 2009 at 20:00 Quote
t3rr1 wrote:
4o hours for me.

But it's possible to not sleep for 40 to 50 Days. Learned about it in school. Rare genetic disease that turns off your ability to sleep completely. Eventually you die.
well shit...that isnt good. so like, theres no way for modern medicine to make them sleep?

Mod
Posted: Sep 19, 2009 at 20:02 Quote
Nope. It's a genetic defect that runs in very few family groups. Not everyone get's it, but it hits around age 40ish. Kinda sad.

But it proves you can stay awake for 40 days. Dare someone to try it Razz

Posted: Sep 19, 2009 at 20:21 Quote
so it runs in families and is extremely rare...cool.

and the longest id attempt is 30 days. if you can die after 40, id want a little buffer between life and death.

Posted: Sep 19, 2009 at 22:06 Quote
I am on day 24. I have been taking 4-hour naps every 24 hours. I can't wait for Interbike to be over!

Posted: Sep 20, 2009 at 13:10 Quote
oneghost wrote:
I am on day 24. I have been taking 4-hour naps every 24 hours. I can't wait for Interbike to be over!
you havent been awake 24 days then...

Posted: Sep 20, 2009 at 13:14 Quote
So..... you've had 96 hours sleep in the time you've been awake constantly in lol

Posted: Sep 20, 2009 at 17:52 Quote
so here we are wide awake wracked wiyh pain.... been just over 24 hrs broke my skaphoid and pain kilers got me wired anyone wanna call bs thats fine

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008819
Mobile Version of Website