Whats the longest you have stayed awake

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Whats the longest you have stayed awake
Posted: Feb 13, 2009 at 16:42 Quote
TyreBurningBiker wrote:
erik74 wrote:
this summer, im thinking of trying to only sleep 3 hourse a day, everyday. for atleast 2 weeks. not exactly the topic...but it is pretty intense sounding Razz

wont your biking skills, reaction time and whatnot get worse? =/
not if you do it right. sleep 30 mins every 4 hours. its called Polyphasic sleep. apparently you actually feel more energetic and all. overall better. of course, thats after a week or so while your body adjusts, since it has to learn to enter REM sleeper much faster, almost immediatly when you fall asleep. anyway. basically, i think my riding would improve since id add 5 waking hours to my day, meaning i could ride more. then again, i couldnt really do anything. i couldnt stay out all day, since id have to take naps and all.

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 4:23 Quote
erik74 wrote:
TyreBurningBiker wrote:
erik74 wrote:
this summer, im thinking of trying to only sleep 3 hourse a day, everyday. for atleast 2 weeks. not exactly the topic...but it is pretty intense sounding Razz

not if you do it right. sleep 30 mins every 4 hours. its called Polyphasic sleep. apparently you actually feel more energetic and all. overall better. of course, thats after a week or so while your body adjusts, since it has to learn to enter REM sleeper much faster, almost immediatly when you fall asleep. anyway. basically, i think my riding would improve since id add 5 waking hours to my day, meaning i could ride more. then again, i couldnt really do anything. i couldnt stay out all day, since id have to take naps and all.

i'll look more into that and try it to Razz , hey take a nap at the trail! thats why sleeping bags where invented Razz

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 7:57 Quote
TyreBurningBiker wrote:
erik74 wrote:
TyreBurningBiker wrote:

i'll look more into that and try it to Razz , hey take a nap at the trail! thats why sleeping bags where invented Razz
haha. but if you went to a party sometime, you'd have to take a nap in the middle of it haha. if you miss a nap, you have an energy crash, similar to after drinking an energy drink, but it takes longer to get energy back. though you can hold off on a nap for a hour, but truthfully, theres no flexibility in your schedule. with monophasic sleep (normal sleep), you can hold off sleeping for hours, missing it doesnt even seem that bad after hearing some stories here. you can move it around, change it all you like, unlike polyphasic. plus, most people in the world are monophasic...

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 8:36 Quote
About 50 hours partying like a lunatic.

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 16:49 Quote
hrdbiker wrote:
probly like 24 hours maybe... i like my sleep so f*ck poeople who take it from me. They can die.

hah +1

Posted: Feb 15, 2009 at 0:21 Quote
believe it or not 96hrs 4 days straight

heres what i drank

15 Monsters, redbulls, V, mother 15 of each

then i ran out of money and used mums coffee

it IS possible folks

Posted: Feb 15, 2009 at 0:25 Quote
also i slept after that for like 2 days parents thought i died! rofl then i woke up and they were like shit!

dont try this though i could ride for ages because i was so tired

Posted: Feb 15, 2009 at 2:07 Quote
SEAL training includes a part called "Hellweek" - a period of 5.5 days (132 hours - yes, 132 hours) with only about 5 hours sleep throughout, during which they do someof their most strenuous training almost constantly. That's what people are capable of.

Posted: Feb 15, 2009 at 3:14 Quote
48 hours on the dot. was f*cked up on 3 though... stayed up exactly i hit 48 just so i could say i did it than went to sleep lol

Posted: Feb 15, 2009 at 15:11 Quote
harriieee wrote:
SEAL training includes a part called "Hellweek" - a period of 5.5 days (132 hours - yes, 132 hours) with only about 5 hours sleep throughout, during which they do someof their most strenuous training almost constantly. That's what people are capable of.

Yeah it isn't how big or small you are for this.. it's all about mental toughness.. those dudes are hard as f***.

PS Anyone remember GI Jane? Sergeant Pyro! Lolz!

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 9:02 Quote
36 hours on a school trip to belgium. t'was crazy no-one slept for more than 2 hours on the whole trip:P

Posted: Jul 4, 2009 at 17:52 Quote
REVIVAL

Well, it's almost 2 AM here, which means I'm coming up to 40 hours with a total of less than 3.5 hours sleep; it's been an 18th birthday one night followed by school grad party the next. Various cases of alcohol abuse, a number of speeches, some quality meals and a lot of dancing later and I honestly do feel like I could hold out until at least midday today (another 10 hours, taking me up to 50 hours with less than 3.5 sleeping )... I think having a little bit of well-placed sleep makes it much easier to remain functional for a long time.

Posted: Sep 19, 2009 at 15:18 Quote
isnt it true that you start halusinating if you stay up too long ?

O+
Posted: Sep 19, 2009 at 15:40 Quote
callumbikes wrote:
isnt it true that you start halusinating if you stay up too long ?

yep

on my school trip to france i had been up for about 40 hours and we were touring the louvre, some of the statues were moving and people in the painting were interacting with each other

Posted: Sep 19, 2009 at 15:44 Quote
who needs drugs eh?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.027570
Mobile Version of Website