The GCSE thread

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
The GCSE thread
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 3:53 Quote
Right now im on study leave with 5 exams left (history, geography, physics x2, and RS short course).
Who else has exams left? How did you think they've been so far? What are you aiming for?

Feel free to discuss any other GCSE things too
Big Grin Good luck Big Grin

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 4:07 Quote
haha guttedd im on 3Big Grin finish on thursdayCool how come ur doing 2 physics?

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 4:07 Quote
Im on study leave aswell its awesome. I only have 2 exams left (Physics & Product Design)
I think im doing good at the moment, aiming for B's to D's but think im predicted A's in some subjects

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 4:41 Quote
GCSE's are a joke.
i did no revision and got 3 a's 4 b's and 4 c's

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 4:51 Quote
dabomb666 wrote:
GCSE's are a joke.

I think that depends heavily on how much attention you pay in class!

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 6:10 Quote
ijustride wrote:
haha guttedd im on 3Big Grin finish on thursdayCool how come ur doing 2 physics?

finish on monday with RS ( which doesnt really count - so thrursday too really) Smile

doing units 2 and 3 of physics - ive done 1a and b already. because ive done 3 modules i get 3 science GCSEs which i'll never need again Madder

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 6:13 Quote
i got french reading on thurs. should be a doddle. and got physics on wed and rs on monday. THEN IM DONE!!!!!!!!!! hehehe been out on my bike and with my girlfriend all today lol study leave pah!Big Grin

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 6:13 Quote
raak wrote:
dabomb666 wrote:
GCSE's are a joke.

true, but i did virtually no revision and walked away with 13 a-c grades. mostly a's and b's. not too bad. and i only needed 5 c's to get in to the 6th form college which ive now finished at. go uni!!!

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 6:14 Quote
2 Physics exams left, 2 Biology exams left & 1 chemistry exam left. Last exam is 23rd of june. Not too long left for me. I havn't done any revision at all but I'm expecting mostly A's and maybe 1 or 2 A*s

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 6:18 Quote
jonnyk wrote:
2 Physics exams left, 2 Biology exams left & 1 chemistry exam left. I'm expecting mostly A's and maybe 1 or 2 A*s

those sciences unit's 1? except for the physics which is unit 2 as well?
hope u get the 2 A*s - it'll make u look a better student!

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 6:29 Quote
Ermm well I had to have 8 Science exams overall. I took the double award. I've already had Science Ideas which was two 45 minute exams about some pre-released stuff which we had to just read over. Then I have one 45 minute exam on each science subject which is for core science (everything I learnt last year). Then I have one of each again but they are for higher tier which is going to be alot harder.
It's complicated! I don't even like science. Blank Stare

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 6:31 Quote
crazyaboutbikes wrote:
ijustride wrote:

finish on monday with RS ( which doesnt really count - so thrursday too really) Smile

doing units 2 and 3 of physics - ive done 1a and b already. because ive done 3 modules i get 3 science GCSEs which i'll never need again Madder

o right yeahh i did unit 2 in January so i just got unit 3 tomoro morning. But im doing it at sixth form so not complaining:P

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 6:32 Quote
ha 1 exam left tommorrow!

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 6:37 Quote
well i got 3 exams left 1 tomorrow science

I think they are harder than the teachers say but

i think the best bit about study leave is you have so much more time to go ride Smile

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 6:37 Quote
henryf wrote:
raak wrote:
dabomb666 wrote:
GCSE's are a joke.

true, but i did virtually no revision and walked away with 13 a-c grades. mostly a's and b's. not too bad. and i only needed 5 c's to get in to the 6th form college which ive now finished at. go uni!!!

Well done. That's good going.

My point is that if you are able to do well without revising, then you must have put in a decent level of work during school time to understand the subjects thoroughly enough to pass the exam.

Knowledge is, of course, aquired, and to be able to pass all GCSE exams with a good grade does require a reasonable level of studying - more so than the statement "GCSE's are a joke" would suggest - confidently calling them a "joke" makes you sound like you'd have prefered to skip the GCSEs and get straight into your Doctoral Dissertaion.

But then, maybe for some they are easy. I spent a lot of my time at school writing "BOOBS" on the calculator, smoking, exchanging dead-legs and trying not to fall in with the geek crowd. I was pretty immature and I can tell you that subsequently, I did not find my GCSEs easy!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010987
Mobile Version of Website