strongest derailleur ???

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
strongest derailleur ???
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 16:38 Quote
as the title says whats the strongest derailleur because i kinda snapped mine in half Redface so give some opinions on the strongest ones!

O+
Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 16:41 Quote
I don't know about strength, but I'd get a SRAM x9 super short cage. Shifts nice, not too expensive and out of the way.

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 16:42 Quote
bighit711 wrote:
I don't know about strength, but I'd get a SRAM x9 super short cage. Shifts nice, not too expensive and out of the way.
definatly.
worth every buck.

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 16:43 Quote
Two words: Single speed.

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 16:45 Quote
PedalUpBombDown wrote:

i agree but its not strictly a derailiur is it.

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 16:46 Quote
dont want ss because im gonna get 140mm travel forks and make a semi freeride bike =|

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 16:47 Quote
eisernes wrote:
dont want ss because im gonna get 140mm travel forks and make a semi freeride bike =|

saint is the exspensive route,although buying cheap and cheerful makes sense if your gonna wreck them all the time i,e x7 maybe.

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 16:48 Quote
marquis wrote:
PedalUpBombDown wrote:

No, but the only thing that really makes a differance is the length od the cage. You'll have about the same risk of killing any deraileur with a short cage so just get whatever one you prefer. If you like Shimano, go Shimano, Sram, Sram. Get the point?

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 16:49 Quote
yeh i would have to say saint, havnt got one personally but my mates had his for a long time and it hasnt failed him.

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 16:49 Quote
dont want to break them all the time... need something that will last a really long time

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 16:50 Quote
eisernes wrote:
dont want to break them all the time... need something that will last a really long time
Get any short cage deraileur and don't hit shit.

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 16:50 Quote
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
marquis wrote:
PedalUpBombDown wrote:

No, but the only thing that really makes a differance is the length od the cage. You'll have about the same risk of killing any deraileur with a short cage so just get whatever one you prefer. If you like Shimano, go Shimano, Sram, Sram. Get the point?

well i wasnt comparing brands as such,just that the saint is designed for such things,i dont think the length of the cage would make much difference.

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 16:52 Quote
marquis wrote:
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
marquis wrote:

well i wasnt comparing brands as such,just that the saint is designed for such things,i dont think the length of the cage would make much difference.
Most deraileurs break when the cage is hit on a rock or other random object. A short cage helps to prevent that. The only other times they break are when they get sucked into the spokes which is a result of having a really poorly ajusted deraieur or when there was a factory defect that can be warenteed.

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 16:54 Quote
i did read somewhere that loose spokes can also suck in a rear mech after a drop as the spokes flex and bow and can snatch the cage.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009896
Mobile Version of Website