Diabetic Riders

• Previous Page
Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 17:55 Quote
Hey I created this thread so that Diabetics could discuss their riding/living with Diabetes..
I have been Diabetic now for 21 year's, and Feel that biking Plays a segnifigant Role in my Well being and Keep's me in shape To avoid Complications..

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 18:01 Quote
now if only Mexiacan doctors where trusted...we might already have a cure... I'm not getting my hopes up.

5 closing in on 6 years I think :S? maybe 4 almost 5 haha

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 21:05 Quote
Why is that, has mexico Had advancements in diabedic treatment??
I know that the us and canada are both doing clinical testin of in-haleable insulins, but they've been doing it for about 7 years now... hopefully soon.

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 21:07 Quote
I've had type 1 since i was 5, so almost 12 years now.

O+
Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 21:11 Quote
my dad has had type one since he was nine and now he is 61 years old, he moutain bikes alot and rides his road bike pretty much every day.

O+
Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 21:14 Quote
bikenerdy wrote:
my dad has had type one since he was nine and now he is 61 years old, he moutain bikes alot and rides his road bike pretty much every day.

yeah my father had cancer about 7 years ago, and now he has diabetes, and hees been riding non stop

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 21:27 Quote
if you keep your blood circulating you avoid many problems... I feel its of utmost importance, biking is an awesome excersise. I think that if i didn;t bike i'd have circulation problems, I try to swim in the winter ( indoors obviously ) and do as much snowboarding as possible.. Do you guy's Eat the SugAr food's??
have you mde a custom system for dealing with your diabetes or do you follow the mealtime/mealplan system with regular doses ( i.e. 6 am, 12 noon, 5 pm, 10 pm. )
??

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 21:30 Quote
Type 1 since '01. I'm 21 now and find biking helps keep it under control. I'll actually be working as a bike instructor at a camp in northern Ontario specifically for kids with type 1. Im not holding my breath on a cure though.

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 21:33 Quote
Do you think that there is lack of techknowlodgy for a cure and lack of research or that maybe a cure is not very proffitable ??

2000 bucks less in the pocket for me, billions in the pockets of the Manufacturers

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 21:36 Quote
dmadness wrote:
Why is that, has mexico Had advancements in diabedic treatment??
I know that the us and canada are both doing clinical testin of in-haleable insulins, but they've been doing it for about 7 years now... hopefully soon.

had a bunch of successful procedures, something to do with a gene in a pig testicle or some absurd thing. Apparently Britain is close too; stem cell research etc.

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 21:37 Quote
Too much profit to be had in R&D for the technology that doesn't provide a cure, only an on-going treatment. If there was suddenly a cure... companies like BD and Lily would lose large profits on the continuous sales they receive through the purchases of diabetic supplies.

The people researching the cure are only getting money from donations and government grants... not many have the huge financial backing that the pharma companies do.

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 21:53 Quote
its like a year or so ago, I heard thaT some Chinese researchers had created a virus that sucessfully killed carcenogenic cells while leaving other cells alone, and not destroying the most important white blood cells, I remember hearing it on a very short segment on the late news and remeber thinking that It would be HUGE, but now a year or so later I've heard nothing.. you'd think it would be front page news.

I find it odd that they can not yet cure, as the advancements in treatment are increasingly effective. i've also heard rumour of an extremely slow release insulin that one would only have to take once a week.

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 22:00 Quote
dmadness wrote:
its like a year or so ago, I heard thaT some Chinese researchers had created a virus that sucessfully killed carcenogenic cells while leaving other cells alone, and not destroying the most important white blood cells, I remember hearing it on a very short segment on the late news and remeber thinking that It would be HUGE, but now a year or so later I've heard nothing.. you'd think it would be front page news.

I find it odd that they can not yet cure, as the advancements in treatment are increasingly effective. i've also heard rumour of an extremely slow release insulin that one would only have to take once a week.
supplies is so marketable and quite a competive market; lame that people are using a condition to rape the funds out of people with it, but thats life; many companies would go belly up if a cure or a huge advancement came around.

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 22:01 Quote
type 1 since 1995 so that would be 13 years going. Btw does anyone else think they should give type 2 diabetics a different name, i hate it when i tell peoplei have diabetes and they say o my grandpa has that, well no he doesn't actually i have an autoimmune disease where as he is 65 pounds over weight, and doesn't take care of his body thus he inst producing sufficient insulin. i dunno it just bothers me.

as for the cure im 100% sure that the cure has been discovered but like what was said before tons of huge corporate companies would go out of business if people accidentally stumbled across a cure. i wont be holding my breath for one to come

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009784
Mobile Version of Website