Diabetic Riders

Posted: Aug 7, 2017 at 11:04 Quote
dmadness wrote:
I would if I had one Smile also due to the fire danger offroad vehicles with combustion engines are not currentlly allowed anywhere, this is where My E bike moto will be born, im working on sourcing battery cells now, when i get it running it will have a top speed of 50 KMH adn go around 70 Kilometers, its built on an old shit wallmart dual suspension frame somebody left in my shed. no combustion engine = no fire = no fires = Ride the shit out of it... Smile

That's lame as hell! A spark arrestor on the silencer and staying away from dry grassy areas and it would be fine.

People would hate me, but foe just dicking around, I'm considering slapping a gas engine or electric motor on a Demo. Saw a guy with a gas engine on one that was clean AF. It looked like it could've been factory, but it was this guys custom job to get around since he got too many DUIs and lost his license for good lol

I hate ebikes with a passion, but an e moto would be fun to just play around on.. As long as they don't replace gas dirt bikes. Problem is, a good one costs 15k. So an e demo would be an option. Idk though, so much work for so little gain lol

Posted: Aug 7, 2017 at 16:21 Quote
take time to ensure your insulin is at room temp also as your biggest f*ck over with infusion is air bubbles, you dont want em at all... I use the same style of auto injector and i love it. speed will come with time, i have been pumping less than a year and I can do a full swap in 10 mins easy. also take note of the parts of the set that are interchangeable , I.e. one weekend I went to a big dinner party and ate tons of desert after, lots of high carbs and such so I used what would usually be 3 days of insulin in a day and a half, I realized then that I could just disconnect the set and fill a new resovoir, much easier on the fly than a new inset set, could also work if you broke a line, something ive yet to do.

Salute

Posted: Aug 7, 2017 at 16:27 Quote
therealtylerdurden wrote:
dmadness wrote:
I would if I had one Smile also due to the fire danger offroad vehicles with combustion engines are not currentlly allowed anywhere, this is where My E bike moto will be born, im working on sourcing battery cells now, when i get it running it will have a top speed of 50 KMH adn go around 70 Kilometers, its built on an old shit wallmart dual suspension frame somebody left in my shed. no combustion engine = no fire = no fires = Ride the shit out of it... Smile

That's lame as hell! A spark arrestor on the silencer and staying away from dry grassy areas and it would be fine.

People would hate me, but foe just dicking around, I'm considering slapping a gas engine or electric motor on a Demo. Saw a guy with a gas engine on one that was clean AF. It looked like it could've been factory, but it was this guys custom job to get around since he got too many DUIs and lost his license for good lol

I hate ebikes with a passion, but an e moto would be fun to just play around on.. As long as they don't replace gas dirt bikes. Problem is, a good one costs 15k. So an e demo would be an option. Idk though, so much work for so little gain lol

ahhh, not true. A rear motor hub with regenerative decent ( ie alternator ) cost just 200 CAD for the wheel and motor, the battery if bought factory is 700 but as mentioned I am sourcing obsolete lithium ion betters from old computers for under 100 CAD and custom building them, even IF I were paying full price for the kit a motorized hub with a 40 kilometer range batter ( top speed 50 kmh ) would cost around 1 Grand... I hear ya on the spark arrestors though, problem is people are f*cking dumb as shit. I was going to turn ,y old demo 9 into an E bike, nice thing about a nice e bike is it is silent.... there is a guy in revelstoke ( town near here ) that can do 3 self shuttles with descents and get back to town on 1 charge... he often gives us trail reports when he comes back as we are usually just leaving in the trucks after FINALLY getting everybody organized for the 1st lap./.. Smile

ive a buddy who madfe his own steel frame and put a 60 cc pocket bike engine in it ( also has gears and no means to pedal, motor IS the pedaling... and that thing is fun as hell..... total blast to take on winter roads too.... i have clocked him going 65 kmh on it... and that is scary fast on a bike....

Posted: Aug 7, 2017 at 16:27 Quote
Hell yeah, that one realization right there opens tons of possibilities. Diabetes is my hobby. Lol

Really though, you kind of have to make it a hobby if you wanna get through it with your sanity! Big Grin

Posted: Aug 7, 2017 at 16:29 Quote
I am awaiting the day I can fully become a machine... i welcome it. Smile Diabetes is my hobby too, we are ( humans ) billions of chemical interactions all happening is a sequence... we are more aware of the subtlety of chemical interactions than most people, we know that a teardrops worth of liquid can be the life or death of you .

Posted: Aug 7, 2017 at 16:31 Quote
sorry, I keep getting you POST my edits Smile lol

Posted: Aug 7, 2017 at 19:04 Quote
I was editing my posts and you had already read and commented.

Posted: Aug 13, 2017 at 15:14 Quote
Damn, I'm not having good luck with infusion on my butt (upper glute behind hip). Two out of three the end of the cannula was bent over. On the last one I was careful to seat it before removing the serter but had ketones within two hours.
Have you guys had the same problems? Any advice?
I just don't have enough area on my belly to do any rotation...

Posted: Aug 13, 2017 at 19:19 Quote
Oh yeah, many a time. A couple things. Flex your glutes and pinch your butt skin and fat to see where the thickest fat is. Insert there. When you insert it, pinch the shit out of where the catheter is gonna go in, and make sure that you 100 f*cking percent do not (!!!) flex your glutes while inserting the catheter. If it hurts when you insert it, and the pain is deep, not on the surface, you've hit the muscle. Pull it out (giggitty) and reinsert it elsewhere. I've actually cut down the cannula portion of the catheter before to help keep this from happening. Too short though and it pops out (not giggitty).

Posted: Aug 14, 2017 at 10:25 Quote
therealtylerdurden wrote:
Oh yeah, many a time. A couple things. Flex your glutes and pinch your butt skin and fat to see where the thickest fat is. Insert there. When you insert it, pinch the shit out of where the catheter is gonna go in, and make sure that you 100 f*cking percent do not (!!!) flex your glutes while inserting the catheter. If it hurts when you insert it, and the pain is deep, not on the surface, you've hit the muscle. Pull it out (giggitty) and reinsert it elsewhere. I've actually cut down the cannula portion of the catheter before to help keep this from happening. Too short though and it pops out (not giggitty).
The MIO set comes with a big integrated serter, so I can't finagle it like you said. What set are you using for this?

Posted: Aug 14, 2017 at 12:00 Quote
The Quickset. Similar concept as the Mio, but no integrated serter.

I bet if you f*cked around with the mio, you could separate the set from the setter though!

Posted: Sep 10, 2018 at 9:48 Quote
I still have diabetes.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010656
Mobile Version of Website