Show Off Your Cove

PB Forum :: Other
Show Off Your Cove
Posted: Feb 9, 2017 at 15:46 Quote
jamieSaunders wrote:

Oh man thats slick! Whats its got for rear travel?

Thanks. 150mm rear, 160mm front.

Pureface - I like 'em longish - firstly they don't rub on the head tube, and also if I crash and the bars spin round, it doesn't pull on the cables/hoses. However, I have shortened the brake hoses since taking this pic (and fitted blue grips !)

Posted: Jun 4, 2017 at 19:31 Quote
Some nice rides on here. Side question but does anyone know whats going on with Cove? The website is down and on google earth its showing a "for lease" sign on the shop.

O+
Posted: Jun 5, 2017 at 8:12 Quote
canadianpsycho68 wrote:
Some nice rides on here. Side question but does anyone know whats going on with Cove? The website is down and on google earth its showing a "for lease" sign on the shop.

Cove Bikes is in the the shop on the corner. Their front door is on the cross street. The shop with the lease sign is their old location. A few years ago they took over the neighboring shop for a larger floor space.

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 3:44 Quote
Nice!
When I went to whistler I seen so many shockers, they must be ideal for the park I thought.

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 18:23 Quote
It's been almost 5 years since I've been.

Cove needs a 650b shocker

Posted: Jul 4, 2017 at 4:42 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
It's been almost 5 years since I've been.

Cove needs a 650b shocker

A 650b Carbon Shocker is better. Smile

Posted: Jul 6, 2017 at 9:31 Quote
Cove Bikes Quickee

Super rare Cove Bikes Quickee.Cool

O+
Posted: Jul 12, 2017 at 13:34 Quote
DugS wrote:
canadianpsycho68 wrote:

Cove Bikes is in the the shop on the corner. Their front door is on the cross street. The shop with the lease sign is their old location. A few years ago they took over the neighboring shop for a larger floor space.

They are my shop I go to.

Chaz has a 29er hardtail fleet coming out soon, kinda like the Honzo
Also a 27.5 G spot is on the way ( rumoured ).

Ya the website sux and their social media presence is almost nothing.

Posted: Jul 14, 2017 at 23:32 Quote
What's up, all?

I've got a question, and, frankly, going directly to a (the?) Cove-specific forum made the most sense. Firstly, let me preface the question with an acknowledgment of my own ignorance: due to illness and injury, I've been out of the MTB news loop for a while now. Therefore, information that may by now be common knowledge to everyone else may be totally foreign to me. Here we go: does anyone know if Cove is planning on or developing an update, or even an outright replacement for, the Shocker DH bike? I haven't come across any information which would address this question---certainly not from the official Cove web-and Facebook-site (the former of which was still advertising three or four-year-old 26"-only Shocker frames at clearance prices). Any info. that anyone can offer would be hugely appreciated, as, honestly, the world just seems noticeably emptier without a (current) Cove downhill sled just waiting to be pointed nose-first down the gnarliest of slopes.

Thanks to any and all with any information! Guide me out of my ignorance, and lead me to the light!

Posted: Aug 13, 2017 at 17:51 Quote
Got my STD Frameset a few years ago, tested a few different forks and other stuff.
Ended up with the Dorado, it`s the perfect fork for me. The damping system is outstanding, after riding downhill for a few hours your arms still feel fresh, because it`s not as stiff as a 888 oder Fox 40.
Got some different dropouts from "north shore billet" and a angle-headset, this slackens the geometry and is getting the bb a little lower.

With my actual setup its about 16,3kg, with Tubeless 2-Ply Maxxis Minion.

photo
photo

photo

My other Bike is a Cove Stiffee, just riding everything with it. Most of the time steep and technical Trails, but sometimes it has to take some days in the Bikepark and a few big hits too.
The interals of the Fork are from a Manitou Travis, just to get a awesome damping performance into it.
Sometimes i use a Dorado for the Hardtail too, travelt to 170mm so it rides like a 150mm SC Fork. This picture is from a local race:

photo

photo

photo

Actually i`m trying to buy a green medium sized Cove Hustler, but it seems to be impossibe to get one. Here in germany/europe, there isn´t a distributor or something like this. In gb there are some Shops selling Cove Bikes, but there are just a few frames left, most of them are small.

O+
Posted: Nov 25, 2017 at 6:51 Quote
backfield22 wrote:
My new Hustler 29er
photo
Have you done the Pivot bearings on your frame?
cant find a spread sheet with any details.

O+
Posted: Nov 25, 2017 at 6:54 Quote
Diabolicus wrote:
Only 4 days old....very pleased so far....

photo

hey mate, have you done the pivot bearings on the frame yet?my mate has same bike but cant find what bearings he needs anywhere

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019952
Mobile Version of Website