Show Off Your Cove

PB Forum :: Other
Show Off Your Cove
Posted: Nov 25, 2017 at 9:54 Quote
Hainman email cove yet?

If you get no response each bearing he removed will have a number on it, not as convenient but atleast you can figure out replacements

Posted: Nov 27, 2017 at 11:36 Quote
no joy from cove, bit sh1t really, last resort is stripping bike and then getting bearing codes, means bike is out of action if bearings are held up with delivery but willet there,

Posted: Nov 27, 2017 at 14:39 Quote
That is shitty there is no excuse for not answering business emails....

Sounds like you know what's good, you should write down the bearings location and serial #. Might help out some future cove owners

Posted: Nov 29, 2017 at 17:08 Quote
Yeah I cracked my Sanchez frame and I attempted to try and make contact to get another one , I never ended hearing back anything from Cove and that was months ago now.

Posted: Nov 30, 2017 at 22:42 Quote
Check these guys out, I just got bearings for my Shocker from them. http://www.enduroforkseals.com/

There was a bit of a mix up with the model year break and I got the wrong bearings first go around but they sorted everything out quickly.

Posted: Dec 2, 2017 at 8:25 Quote
so finally got a reply, bearings sizes are 6800x4 6000x2 698x4

Posted: Jan 21, 2018 at 3:25 Quote
jamieSaunders wrote:
Yeah I cracked my Sanchez frame and I attempted to try and make contact to get another one , I never ended hearing back anything from Cove and that was months ago now.

I contacted Chaz (owner of Cove) on facebook, he answered all questions with just short delay.
Maybe this could help you, not answering business mails is crap Frown

Posted: Jan 28, 2018 at 11:03 Quote
Unfortunately after i never heard back I just bought a chromag to replace it.

Posted: Apr 6, 2018 at 9:28 Quote
13 years of evolution - latest build 32lb 1oz now 10speed very modern

Removed the turbo training tyre and rebuilt for another season, now 13 years old my Cove has gone all modern and has 10 gears!

New for this year Zee mech and Shifter, 10 speed chain and cassette, Magura MT6 brakes and Hans Damf/Rock Razor tyres, also running a -1 degree works headset.

Weighs in at a pretty reasonable 32lb 1oz

Posted: Apr 6, 2018 at 9:29 Quote
And yes, if I shorten the front brake hose it'll be a 32lb er!

Posted: Jul 16, 2018 at 10:07 Quote
SpankerChief wrote:
What's up, all?

I've got a question, and, frankly, going directly to a (the?) Cove-specific forum made the most sense. Firstly, let me preface the question with an acknowledgment of my own ignorance: due to illness and injury, I've been out of the MTB news loop for a while now. Therefore, information that may by now be common knowledge to everyone else may be totally foreign to me. Here we go: does anyone know if Cove is planning on or developing an update, or even an outright replacement for, the Shocker DH bike? I haven't come across any information which would address this question---certainly not from the official Cove web-and Facebook-site (the former of which was still advertising three or four-year-old 26"-only Shocker frames at clearance prices). Any info. that anyone can offer would be hugely appreciated, as, honestly, the world just seems noticeably emptier without a (current) Cove downhill sled just waiting to be pointed nose-first down the gnarliest of slopes.

Thanks to any and all with any information! Guide me out of my ignorance, and lead me to the light!

I saw on the cove facebook that they are making 27.5 inch dropouts for the shocker. Im trying to get some for my 2013 shocker but when i emailed them they said its only for the 2010-gen. Ive upgraded my front wheel to 27.5 but ill let you know how i get on with the rear. Theres no way itll fit without a different dropout.

Posted: Apr 6, 2019 at 7:59 Quote

Just keeping this post alive - Hustler still going strong despite the best gnarr Scotland can through at it!

Posted: May 10, 2019 at 10:22 Quote
[P=http:// size=m align=c][/P]

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016868
Mobile Version of Website