why stop making cowan ds?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
why stop making cowan ds?
Posted: Jun 11, 2008 at 19:11 Quote
nyk10000 wrote:
ok well kona stopped making the cowan ds (best bikehttp: ever Big Grin ) and started making that bass ( piece of shit bike)

any one tell me were i can get a 06 cowan ds?
Next time Google Kona before making yourself look like an idiot...

Posted: Jun 11, 2008 at 20:30 Quote
I heard that the bass was lighter, same geo but a bit lighter. Dont go by this, I just heard that, plus there is one at my shop and its really light.

Posted: Jun 11, 2008 at 20:57 Quote
HumberJumps wrote:
I heard that the bass was lighter, same geo but a bit lighter. Dont go by this, I just heard that, plus there is one at my shop and its really light.
OK... once again... IT"S THE SAME FRAME!!!

Posted: Jun 11, 2008 at 21:50 Quote
dirtjumperjosh wrote:
Kona are still making the cowan ds, you can buy it from 'Beyond bikes'. and another site is 'Glory Cycles'. And thats the 08 frame.

wen i bought my kona stuff 2 weeks ago i saw the cowan ds sells for 1.3k worth the money tho.

Posted: Jun 11, 2008 at 22:01 Quote
I was looking at a Kona Cowan DS for 2008 and they don't come with a shock. The DHX in the catalogue just makes it look better. I was also quoted about $850 CAD for the frame from my lbs.

Posted: Jun 12, 2008 at 7:11 Quote
so then the bass is like the cowan?

isent the bass more expensive than the cowan

Posted: Jun 12, 2008 at 8:40 Quote
raceface77 wrote:
HumberJumps wrote:
I know its the same frame, as in geo and stuff but I heard they made it lighter. Thats what I heard from a bunch of people.

Posted: Jun 12, 2008 at 14:36 Quote
HumberJumps wrote:
raceface77 wrote:
HumberJumps wrote:
I know its the same frame, as in geo and stuff but I heard they made it lighter. Thats what I heard from a bunch of people.
are you kidding me?

Posted: Jun 12, 2008 at 14:42 Quote
nyk10000 wrote:
so then the bass is like the cowan?

isent the bass more expensive than the cowan
do you kids even read the post or only like 2 words... one is a frame and one is a bike...one is blue/white and one is red/white...that's it. no weight difference (they're not gonna make it out of different materials) no geometry difference, no difference! This year is the first year it was put out as a bike so it was released under the name "Bass" as Paul B's pro model. It's still sold as a frame only and that version is still called a Cowan, like it always was...

Posted: Jun 12, 2008 at 14:56 Quote
raceface77 wrote:
HumberJumps wrote:
raceface77 wrote:

are you kidding me?
oh piss off alright, jesus dont need to get your knickers in a knot. Thats what I heard from a few people.

Posted: Jun 12, 2008 at 15:44 Quote
HumberJumps wrote:
raceface77 wrote:
HumberJumps wrote:

are you kidding me?
oh piss off alright, jesus dont need to get your knickers in a knot. Thats what I heard from a few people.
Relax dude, I'm not getting mad...just making a point. Read the specs at Konaworld.com, don't go by what other 14 year old know it all kids read on pinkbike...

Posted: Jun 12, 2008 at 17:04 Quote
raceface77 wrote:
HumberJumps wrote:
raceface77 wrote:

are you kidding me?
Relax dude, I'm not getting mad...just making a point. Read the specs at Konaworld.com, don't go by what other 14 year old know it all kids read on pinkbike...
Ya well the "14" year old was a mechanic at a lbs. The other person waz a rider who happens to be 18

Posted: Jun 12, 2008 at 17:20 Quote
IT DOESN'T MATTER
go get ur facts straight from konaworld i think they can be trusted with information on konas

Posted: Jun 13, 2008 at 20:19 Quote
i like cheesey beagles:P

Posted: Jun 13, 2008 at 20:39 Quote
HumberJumps wrote:
raceface77 wrote:
HumberJumps wrote:

Ya well the "14" year old was a mechanic at a lbs. The other person waz a rider who happens to be 18
happens to be 18? oh in that case... I don't care. All I'm saying is you were mis-informed deal with it

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014004
Mobile Version of Website