Twin tip skiers general convo.

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Twin tip skiers general convo.
| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Jan 24, 2015 at 12:47 Quote
After a 15 year drought of buying myself new ski gear I finally bit the bullet.

Bought these new shoes.....

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.finchesemporium.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/f/u/fulltilt_1314_first_chair_90_degree.gif
These new sticks....

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://images.evo.com/imgp/1500/68924/339483/clone.jpg
And slapped these bad boys on...

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://images.the-house.com/marker-jester-pro-ski-binding-mint-orng-14-zoom.jpg

Posted: Jan 24, 2015 at 21:12 Quote
bdjbradley wrote:
durza11 wrote:
Massive grave dig, I know. Postin' anyways.


Anyone been out this season yet? I've gone about 6 or 7 times so far. Got prime conditions here in Montana. Got some 176 Elan Puzzle TBT's for christmas. Absolutely loving them for an all-condition ski.
I've got the same skis yo. How you like then? I've got a new pair of line blends tho about to be my do everything from pow to park ski. But still keeping my elans

I love them, they're so poppy on transitions. I've had fun catching air this year, that's for sure.

Posted: Jan 25, 2015 at 5:53 Quote
prophet413 wrote:
After a 15 year drought of buying myself new ski gear I finally bit the bullet.

Bought these new shoes.....

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.finchesemporium.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/f/u/fulltilt_1314_first_chair_90_degree.gif
These new sticks....

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://images.evo.com/imgp/1500/68924/339483/clone.jpg
And slapped these bad boys on...

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://images.the-house.com/marker-jester-pro-ski-binding-mint-orng-14-zoom.jpg
that's one sweet set up. How you liking the skis?

Posted: Jan 25, 2015 at 15:34 Quote
The wider waist it's taking a bit of getting used to. The rocker is sweet for the powder day we had recently.

Posted: Jan 25, 2015 at 16:53 Quote
prophet413 wrote:
The wider waist it's taking a bit of getting used to. The rocker is sweet for the powder day we had recently.
that's sweet. What's the under foot of those bad boys? I've got line blends I'm yet to try which are 100mm

Posted: Jan 25, 2015 at 16:54 Quote
durza11 wrote:
bdjbradley wrote:
durza11 wrote:
Massive grave dig, I know. Postin' anyways.


Anyone been out this season yet? I've gone about 6 or 7 times so far. Got prime conditions here in Montana. Got some 176 Elan Puzzle TBT's for christmas. Absolutely loving them for an all-condition ski.
I've got the same skis yo. How you like then? I've got a new pair of line blends tho about to be my do everything from pow to park ski. But still keeping my elans

I love them, they're so poppy on transitions. I've had fun catching air this year, that's for sure.
yah they're super sweet skis. They're the perfect combo of stiff yet soft

Posted: Jan 25, 2015 at 22:43 Quote
I don't really know if anyone remember's this but... About over a year ago I was here on this thread, asking noob questions about ski setups and so on. I ended up getting some cheap second hand K2 Apaches (super stiff, directional, full camber, 75mm waist, carving type of things) and a pair of second hand older poorly fitting Lange ski boots (have to unbuckle them each run due to pain).

Now despite my less then optimal setup (skis suck for anything but groomers), I feel like I have progressed greatly. Before last year, anything besides blue squares were not really my thing, but between last year and the 6 days this year, I can ski pretty much everything on my home mountain (including off-piste), and have landed a few 3's of side hits. Would really love to get into park, or be able to charge the steeps better, but I honestly, I cant afford any proper gear.

Now I guess the only reason I'm really writing this I because to be honest, I'm pretty proud of progressing myself as much as I have, despite frustrations with being held back by crappy, poorly fitting gear. I'm just stoked to be able to get out and ski!

EDIT- Sorry if that was kinda pointless....

Posted: Jan 26, 2015 at 14:45 Quote
bdjbradley wrote:
prophet413 wrote:
The wider waist it's taking a bit of getting used to. The rocker is sweet for the powder day we had recently.
that's sweet. What's the under foot of those bad boys? I've got line blends I'm yet to try which are 100mm


They are 85mm. Might be the perfect width for living in New England.

Posted: Jan 26, 2015 at 15:01 Quote
prophet413 wrote:
bdjbradley wrote:
prophet413 wrote:
The wider waist it's taking a bit of getting used to. The rocker is sweet for the powder day we had recently.
that's sweet. What's the under foot of those bad boys? I've got line blends I'm yet to try which are 100mm


They are 85mm. Might be the perfect width for living in New England.
I thought they were 103?

Posted: Jan 26, 2015 at 16:07 Quote
These are the Nomad RKR SKNY!


Posted the wrong pic haha

Posted: Jan 26, 2015 at 17:07 Quote
prophet413 wrote:
These are the Nomad RKR SKNY!


Posted the wrong pic haha
ohhhhhh. Both look sweet. I personally like a wider ski. But those rkr skny's look dope

Posted: Nov 18, 2017 at 14:33 Quote
bump because crystal and stevens are open now and im sad cause i cant ski
yay for stomach flu

Posted: Feb 11, 2018 at 20:29 Quote
-2010 182 Line Sir Francis Bacons
-2013 186 ON3P Billy Goats
-2018 182 Faction CT 4.0's

[working on adding 2018 186 Sego Sloppy Joes and custom 2018 185 Praxis RX skis]

ps. me and a friend are headed to Grand Targhee this coming March 2nd-4th we could use a couch to crash on if possible. Cheers!

| Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008553
Mobile Version of Website