Uzzi owners please help.

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Uzzi owners please help.
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 12, 2008 at 15:18 Quote
I am currently in the market for a freeride / dh bike and I am looking at uzzi's along with a few other bikes. My question is this - what height are you and what size frame do you ride?

Im 5'9 and the intense site says I should ride a medium but I am not 100% convinced, Ive tried my buddies med and it just felt a fraction too stretched. Perhaps the small would be more appropriate for me, or would it be just too small?.

I'll be using it for gravity fuelled stuff, very little pedalling for sure. At the minute Im riding a 24/seven deviant hard tail which Im trying to do everything on, and size wise it feels okay to me.

Thanks in advance for any feedback guys.

Posted: Jun 12, 2008 at 15:24 Quote
jimjamm wrote:
I am currently in the market for a freeride / dh bike and I am looking at uzzi's along with a few other bikes. My question is this - what height are you and what size frame do you ride?

Im 5'9 and the intense site says I should ride a medium but I am not 100% convinced, Ive tried my buddies med and it just felt a fraction too stretched. Perhaps the small would be more appropriate for me, or would it be just too small?.

I'll be using it for gravity fuelled stuff, very little pedalling for sure. At the minute Im riding a 24/seven deviant hard tail which Im trying to do everything on, and size wise it feels okay to me.

Thanks in advance for any feedback guys.

Im 5'10 and I use a small socom, which is fine for me as I like small bikes - but the Uzzi does have a significantly shorter wheelbase than the socom. I've seen a small and they're pretty short.

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2008 at 15:28 Quote
dunno about sizes but I know the Uzzi is out of production for like another half-year or year or so...maybe you're looking for a used one or some store still has one...

Posted: Jun 12, 2008 at 15:29 Quote
I have yet to see a small one in the metal so it's hard for me to guess, a shorter wheelbase may not be a terrible thing either because I'll be using it on tighter technical trails as opposed to flat out man made or wide open style stuff.

doconnor wrote:
dunno about sizes but I know the Uzzi is out of production for like another half-year or year or so...maybe you're looking for a used one or some store still has one...

You'd be right. I've seen some in stores but I'll pick up a used one if I can get one in decent nick.

Posted: Jun 12, 2008 at 15:32 Quote
jimjamm wrote:
I have yet to see a small one in the metal so it's hard for me to guess, a shorter wheelbase may not be a terrible thing either because I'll be using it on tighter technical trails as opposed to flat out mad made style stuff.

In that case maybe it would be okay - but it is geared towards heavier riding. They sit low in their travel like socoms and just beg to go fast!

Posted: Jun 12, 2008 at 15:37 Quote
raak wrote:
In that case maybe it would be okay - but it is geared towards heavier riding. They sit low in their travel like socoms and just beg to go fast!

Lol, I hear ya. When I say tight technical trails, I should say tight, technical, fast, rutted, rooty, rock strewn, steep dh trails.....just your typical uk dh track type stuff. The guys I ride with are on uzzis, ufos, demos etc so I dont think it would be total overkill. Im sick of my legs taking a severe beating trying (somewhat in vain) to keep up with these guys.

Posted: Jun 12, 2008 at 18:34 Quote
I'm 5'10" with a shortish 31" inseam. I'm riding a medium VPX, but if I was any shorter or if I was just using it for gravity riding I might have gone with a small. I use mine for everything though so the medium is right. I could use a little lower standover. Other than that, it's a super bike. Very manouverable in tight tech stuff. The wheelbase is a bit short and the BB's a bit high for really high speed, wide open riding. It pedals better than any 40lb freeride bike ought to do.

Posted: Jun 13, 2008 at 3:20 Quote
MKR1 wrote:
I'm 5'10" with a shortish 31" inseam. I'm riding a medium VPX, but if I was any shorter or if I was just using it for gravity riding I might have gone with a small. I use mine for everything though so the medium is right. I could use a little lower standover. Other than that, it's a super bike. Very manouverable in tight tech stuff. The wheelbase is a bit short and the BB's a bit high for really high speed, wide open riding. It pedals better than any 40lb freeride bike ought to do.

Thanks guy, anyone else? Got a very blunt email back from intense tech support along the lines of - we recommend a medium, but it's your choice.

Posted: Jun 13, 2008 at 3:35 Quote
not an intense but nearly the same.. im 5/8 and i ride a size small santa cruz vp-free go for a small size mate they look better without that nasty gusset on the seat tube also

Posted: Jun 13, 2008 at 7:14 Quote
deberguknottignham wrote:
not an intense but nearly the same.. im 5/8 and i ride a size small santa cruz vp-free go for a small size mate they look better without that nasty gusset on the seat tube also

I didnt even know the small one was sans gusset. Bonus. I must take a look at the wheel base of my 24/seven and compare it to an uzzi.

Posted: Jun 13, 2008 at 7:16 Quote
i have an uzzi. i'm 6'2, and i ride a medium, and i LOVE it, but overall, its preference. uzzi has the shorter wheelbase so if ur lookin for more DH, go w/ the socom

Posted: Jun 13, 2008 at 7:38 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://parrishmiller.com/images/uzi.jpgGet that oneSmile Rolleyes

Posted: Jun 13, 2008 at 8:05 Quote
nalydjohn24 wrote:
i have an uzzi. i'm 6'2, and i ride a medium, and i LOVE it, but overall, its preference. uzzi has the shorter wheelbase so if ur lookin for more DH, go w/ the socom

If you're 6'2 and riding a medium then I should probably look for a small, as I suspected. Im not concerned with flat out speed or racing so the socom isnt of interest to me ( well it would be if I could afford one ), I just want to enjoy the trails I ride. Grin factor is of more importance to me than high speed performance. Anyway, there is hardly a single run in the entire country where I would get a dh bike flat out enough to start worrying about my wheel base affecting ultimate speed.

Posted: Jun 13, 2008 at 15:01 Quote
Bump, anyone else out there got an uzzi?

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 14:46 Quote
at 6,3 i looked at the large frame,purely because of toptube length and wheelbase.

• Previous Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012565
Mobile Version of Website