skimboarding

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
skimboarding
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 at 13:54 Quote
anyone on here skim?
i kinda new to it. got a few questions

Posted: Jun 13, 2008 at 15:06 Quote
I have been skimboarding longer than I have been mountain biking, including making a couple of my own boards, what kinda of questions did you have?

Posted: Jun 13, 2008 at 21:30 Quote
my question is kinfa simple i guess
no waves here to catch really. random rocks. depending on where you go lots of sand skimming.
wood or a fiberglass/foam?

Posted: Jun 13, 2008 at 22:41 Quote
like you said: pretty simple, go wood.

fiberglass are only if there are waves that need catching, other than that they dont carry speed very well on flat sand and are harder to repair when you smack a rock.

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 at 14:26 Quote
man i love skimboarding i personaly like the fiberglass zap skim boards

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 at 23:03 Quote
^^Same, I'm running a fiberglass Zap with Corey Lopez signature pad. I really love it. I go down to Florida or Cuba every year so there are some good sized swells to be caught

Posted: Jul 20, 2008 at 19:19 Quote
I actually kinda prefer the wood boards aswell, I think they just have a softer feel in my opinion

Posted: Jul 20, 2008 at 19:20 Quote
MajesticMOOSE wrote:
^^Same, I'm running a fiberglass Zap with Corey Lopez signature pad. I really love it. I go down to Florida or Cuba every year so there are some good sized swells to be caught
yah i was at inian rocks beach hittin up some clean up from a decent sized storm after the beach breaks hit 8ft i said f*ckthat im goin surfing instead haha

Posted: Jul 20, 2008 at 20:00 Quote
dhrider1234567 wrote:
yah i was at inian rocks beach hittin up some clean up from a decent sized storm after the beach breaks hit 8ft i said f*ckthat im goin surfing instead haha

Wow! I ride at Indian Rocks every year, did the Corey Lopez reference give me away?

Posted: Jul 21, 2008 at 2:19 Quote
haha thatss sick i go normaly over spring brake when do you go

Posted: Jul 21, 2008 at 8:57 Quote
Early March, just before March break. One of my favorite breaks was right by the 17th street entrance, but that beach is in constant change. A few year ago my favorite spot was by "the Irish man's" mansion, when I went back a year later that spot was no more

Posted: Jul 21, 2008 at 14:21 Quote
MajesticMOOSE wrote:
Early March, just before March break. One of my favorite breaks was right by the 17th street entrance, but that beach is in constant change. A few year ago my favorite spot was by "the Irish man's" mansion, when I went back a year later that spot was no more
haha yah man 17th is sick i also surfed a ton at sand key they were so steep one day tho i had so much trouble gettin up

Posted: Jul 22, 2008 at 8:14 Quote
My friend had a skimboard when we went on holiday..
I almost broke my arm because it shot off when I tried to jump onto it Razz

Posted: Jul 22, 2008 at 11:14 Quote
I go skimboarding if the surf's flat, just messing around doing pop shoves and stuff.
Off to wales on thursday, first time surfing in almost a year, it's gonna rock!

O+
Posted: Aug 16, 2008 at 15:55 Quote
skimming is sweet I live 20min from the zap factory and got a good deal on one. as for the waves at some of the skim comps that I've been to, if its flat the run boats by the beach and make sweet rollers. try it

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013262
Mobile Version of Website