Support the ONLY male Canadian in this years HellRide

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Support the ONLY male Canadian in this years HellRide
Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 17:49 Quote
dang...wasn't first

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 18:50 Quote
So that means you and Vanessa are both going, right? Top 4 M and top 4 F get to go?

It's only a couple weeks away, isn't it?

Better do the 7 summits (on a single speed....aren't the nomads SS?) a couple of times and lay off the pilsner and do some training Kurt!

We want to see pictures of your Nomad when you win Kurt! ANd pictures of Vanessa's tattoo when she wins!

Knock Weir on his back wheel buddy!

Cheers

eman

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 19:33 Quote
I'm still waiting for the final tally on Votes....Santa Cruz has not got back to anybody yet. They wanted to double check to make sure voting was done fairly, no cheats......I 'll keep updates coming, as I know , I'll try to let you know.

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 19:36 Quote
mistereman wrote:
So that means you and Vanessa are both going, right? Top 4 M and top 4 F get to go?

It's only a couple weeks away, isn't it?

Better do the 7 summits (on a single speed....aren't the nomads SS?) a couple of times and lay off the pilsner and do some training Kurt!

We want to see pictures of your Nomad when you win Kurt! ANd pictures of Vanessa's tattoo when she wins!

Knock Weir on his back wheel buddy!

Cheers

eman

I'll do my best to supply you with BOTH pics.......

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 21:27 Quote
Awesome Kurt!

Get on that singlespeed and get some training in!

You are going to have a BLAST!

Assuming you get to go, you are officially my hero. Have fun riding with Weir....long story that does not need to be told here, but he's held in pretty high regard in our house by my little ripper.

Cheers

eman

Posted: Jul 16, 2008 at 17:50 Quote
well let the Hell begin! I made it!

I just got word today that I'll be going to Downieville to compete in Hell Ride 5 ........Two separate loops at a total of 12,000 of climbing and 70 miles.

So I'll fly into Reno for July 31 to Compete in Friday's "Feats of Strength" to gain time bonuses for August 2nds Race/Ride. It is not settled on yet to what bike bike we'll be riding, either the new Blur LT or the new Nomad! It'll be a single ring bike ...no granny. The day of the event Mark Weir will pick what tooth ring we'll ride....could be 40 could be 32, who knows. It'll have a pair of 2.55" WTB WeirWolves for tires and a Rock Shock Lyrik on it, with a medium weight wheel set!

No matter what we ride , whoever wins will still get the new NOMAD!

So that's all they told us, just show up solo and details will be waiting for you .....

thanks for the votes , I think it'll be a great time !

Posted: Aug 3, 2008 at 21:08 Quote
Well KURT????

I hear you might be on a new Nomad.....is that true?

When you are rested up we'd love to see the pictures from the weekend!

Well Done!!!

eman

Posted: Aug 4, 2008 at 7:27 Quote
Well......I'm the the proud owner of a new Nomad. Yes I did win, the bike is unreal as is my hangover after the Hell Ride finish party.

I got back home late last night, I'll do a bit more of a report sooner than later!

Thanks for the support !

Kurt

Posted: Aug 4, 2008 at 7:28 Quote
mistereman wrote:
Well KURT????

I hear you might be on a new Nomad.....is that true?

When you are rested up we'd love to see the pictures from the weekend!

Well Done!!!

eman

Tell me your sources...!

Posted: Aug 4, 2008 at 9:26 Quote
payback wrote:
Well......I'm the the proud owner of a new Nomad. Yes I did win, the bike is unreal as is my hangover after the Hell Ride finish party.

I got back home late last night, I'll do a bit more of a report sooner than later!

Thanks for the support !

Kurt

Congrats. Enjoy the new ride.

Posted: Aug 4, 2008 at 9:52 Quote
payback wrote:

Thanks for the support !

Kurt
SICK!
Nice work buddy, I'm glad everyone got together to get you in there.

Posted: Aug 4, 2008 at 12:28 Quote
props! way to push your self through it, and not quit!

details?

Posted: Aug 7, 2008 at 17:22 Quote
go to http://http://www.santacruzmtb.com/hellridefive/winners.php

for a complete update with some pictures

cheers kurt

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016148
Mobile Version of Website