going to mammoth....

PB Forum :: USA - West
going to mammoth....
Posted: Jul 29, 2011 at 16:32 Quote
I'll be there next wed to sunday. Riding a few days and the mammoth beer festival! Supposed to be some new runs opening this weekend with some jumps off of "Jill"? never heard of that run, but look for it. Forecast says rain maybe. Web cams seems to look good

Posted: Jul 29, 2011 at 19:32 Quote
jordy2415 wrote:
I'll be there next wed to sunday. Riding a few days and the mammoth beer festival! Supposed to be some new runs opening this weekend with some jumps off of "Jill"? never heard of that run, but look for it. Forecast says rain maybe. Web cams seems to look good

Think im gonna be there around the same time, fri to sun. What trails would you guys say are the best right now?

Posted: Aug 4, 2011 at 21:14 Quote
jordy2415 wrote:
crosseyed wrote:
Can't wait!!! I'll be there the 31st - August 4

We are going to need a full report

Thanks

Just got back...so about 30% of the park was still closed but I think this weekend a lot more will be open...Richter got a huge face lift and the small step up jump I remember is now a full fledged 15-20 foot step up...

Jill's Jumps is very sweet...you can get some huge air...

a lot more wooden & paver features...

best run at the park (from what was open) was Break Through...to Flow...to Shotgun!!!

Headed back in about a month to check out the rest of the park...

Posted: Aug 8, 2011 at 19:36 Quote
anybody going this weekend?

Posted: Aug 8, 2011 at 20:42 Quote
I wish, just went last week and I seriously CAN NOT WAIT till I can go back...

Posted: Aug 8, 2011 at 21:03 Quote
JohnnyGent wrote:
I wish, just went last week and I seriously CAN NOT WAIT till I can go back...

Do it! this weekend!

Posted: Aug 13, 2011 at 12:54 Quote
Headed here for the first time in a few days. Just rode northstar and had a good time (despite the crappy rental glory) anyways I only have 4 hours to ride so im looking for trail recomendations so I don't waste my time on anything. Im all about the jump/flowy trails but a little downhill thrown in would be nice. Lastly looking for a place to rent and looking for suggestions

Posted: Aug 13, 2011 at 20:01 Quote
shredwhiteandblue wrote:
Headed here for the first time in a few days. Just rode northstar and had a good time (despite the crappy rental glory) anyways I only have 4 hours to ride so im looking for trail recomendations so I don't waste my time on anything. Im all about the jump/flowy trails but a little downhill thrown in would be nice. Lastly looking for a place to rent and looking for suggestions
Some good trails would be Twilight Zone, Jill's Jumps, Velocity, Flow, Shoutgun, Kamikaze X-Zone, Shock Treatment(Upper is tech and Lower has some jumps and is flowy). A great place to rent would be Footloose Sports which is right in the middle of town.(Next to a Rite Aid) They rent Specialized Demos and are usually running smoothly. The only thing to complain about on those rental bikes is that the pedals are not grippy at all.

Posted: Aug 16, 2011 at 14:36 Quote
Hey SoCal

I live in LA and I really want to get out to Mammoth but dont want to make the trip solo. Any local riders want to do some type of ride trip/share to Mammoth in the next coming weeks. I've been in LA for about one year and my lonely freeride bike has only been used twice!

Posted: Aug 16, 2011 at 15:34 Quote
greenblinker104 wrote:
Hey SoCal

I live in LA and I really want to get out to Mammoth but dont want to make the trip solo. Any local riders want to do some type of ride trip/share to Mammoth in the next coming weeks. I've been in LA for about one year and my lonely freeride bike has only been used twice!

we got a group goin up the 26th for the weekend, not sure if we're gonna have any more open spots for the condo but you can ride with us for sure. Also might be planning a N* trip towards the end of september that I'll need spots filled for. pm'd

Posted: Aug 17, 2011 at 18:18 Quote
yep,ill be there the 27,28 too.lets get one huge group and bomb the trails

Posted: Aug 17, 2011 at 18:23 Quote
i want in! carpool?

i have no rack on my car

Posted: Aug 17, 2011 at 18:39 Quote
cakemoto wrote:
yep,ill be there the 27,28 too.lets get one huge group and bomb the trails

Twilight zone mega train! We'll be there Friday to Sunday, I'll pm u my number so we can get together for some runs and beers

Posted: Aug 27, 2011 at 14:35 Quote
https://vimeo.com/28237635

little video of the new section of twilight zone.

Posted: Sep 5, 2011 at 18:36 Quote
here is a video from this past weekend. Recoil to techno rock to jills jumps.https://vimeo.com/28637242

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010285
Mobile Version of Website