Brakes or Brakless?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Brakes or Brakless?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 14, 2008 at 11:12 Quote
I've noticed that a lot of people ride brakeless. What would you suggest? Is it better brakeless

Posted: Jun 14, 2008 at 11:15 Quote
it scares me riding breakless. but to each there own

Posted: Jun 14, 2008 at 11:17 Quote
wpgduderguy wrote:
it scares me riding breakless. but to each there own
I've never rode brakless.

Posted: Jun 14, 2008 at 11:18 Quote
basically you just need to ride brakeless for a week then ride with brakes. If you find you liked brakeless better then there you go ride it and vice versa. but also
brakeless > brakes

Posted: Jun 14, 2008 at 11:18 Quote
its depends if u only ride ur bike on a track or skate park etc its ok but i have to ride mine to skool mate house etc so i have ma brakes

Posted: Jun 14, 2008 at 11:19 Quote
I mostly only do dj's some street and park, but ill use your advise

Posted: Jun 14, 2008 at 11:59 Quote
brakes are only good for djing rough sets...

Posted: Jun 14, 2008 at 13:37 Quote
i rode brakeless for ages but i put a brake on recentely and its a lot more fun for me.

Posted: Jun 14, 2008 at 15:17 Quote
Sangster wrote:
i rode brakeless for ages but i put a brake on recentely and its a lot more fun for me.

yea same here. i rode brakeless forever and i loved it. then one day i found these mental jumps that are on a steep downhill and i couldent ride them without brakes. so i threw some brakes on and i kinda liked it. i could do some tricks that i would never be able to do with out brakes.

i ride brakeless again now. i don't know what to do. i like riding with and without brakes.

Posted: Jun 15, 2008 at 11:36 Quote
i ride brakeless and it only takes a day or two to get used to and after that its awsome.

Posted: Jun 15, 2008 at 11:38 Quote
yeah, i used to never think about brakeless, tried it an progressed like mad. ive been riding brakeless for 1 month now and i bike to and from my skatepark. its not dangerous unless your ret*rded

Posted: Jun 15, 2008 at 12:05 Quote
I just took off my brakes Razz

Posted: Jun 15, 2008 at 13:18 Quote
my brakes didnt work so i took them off. way more control and it feels alot easier to ride without brakes. but i left my lever on and i can put my brakes on in 5 mins i i want to go to the track. but i mainly use my bike for riding street and riding to school.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.020737
Mobile Version of Website