Anyone Bmx and MTB?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Anyone Bmx and MTB?
Previous Page |
Posted: Jun 15, 2008 at 8:28 Quote
Hey I am going off to school in the fall and don't want to bring a $1300 mtb street rig along in case it gets stolen. However I am still interested in MTB especially XC & DH. Does anybody ride both bmx and MTB? Does riding one REALLY affect the riding of the other.

TY

Posted: Jun 15, 2008 at 8:40 Quote
well last september i had 3 bikes, norco atomik (DH), banshee morphine (FR), and eastern traildigger (BMX). i rember the last race of 2007 i rode my dh bike, when i got home i rode my bmx at the skate park , and after that i went djing on my fr bike. the bmx felt fine but the fr bike felt really weird. but three bikes was way to many for me so i now have a dh bike and a street hardtail, and i can ride both very well.

Posted: Jun 15, 2008 at 16:15 Quote
I have a BMX race bike, a freestyle BMX and a hardtail MTB. For me, riding different bikes and terrain really helps me overall as a bike rider. For example, in BMX racing you need to be as smooth as possible or otherwise you'll get passed and lose. So since I ride as smooth as I can on my race bike I carry that out on my MTB and freestyle BMX. Not only does it add style to my riding but it is much easier on the body in terms of sore wrists, ankles, etc. Most of the time when I'm out riding my MTB or freestyle BMX people compliment me on how smooth I am. If it wasn't for racing I probaby wouldn't be nearly as smooth as a rider as I am today. So what I'm trying to say is that it's really good to ride as many biking disciplines as possible.

Posted: Jun 15, 2008 at 16:16 Quote
Hell yeah. If it's got two wheels it's made to have fun with.

Effect? You learn to be smoother on a BMX.

Posted: Jun 15, 2008 at 16:17 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Hell yeah. If it's got two wheels it's made to have fun with.

Effect? You learn to be smoother on a BMX.
Exactly.

Posted: Jun 15, 2008 at 16:17 Quote
so you are able to ride both without one significantly hampering your ability on the other?

Posted: Jun 15, 2008 at 16:19 Quote
Damn, they make me ride better, if anything.

Posted: Jun 15, 2008 at 16:19 Quote
no its just a little different swtching back and forth

Posted: Jun 15, 2008 at 16:21 Quote
i have a mtb and bmx, but im selling mtb bmx way better suite ME

Posted: Jun 15, 2008 at 16:29 Quote
i ride mtb and bmx, on my bmx i can do twice the tricks i could do on my mtb,

theres no real difference except bmx is smaller and easier to learn on

Posted: Jun 15, 2008 at 16:31 Quote
corleoneofcanada wrote:
so you are able to ride both without one significantly hampering your ability on the other?
Riding both only benefits my riding ability. The only thing is that when I am riding my MTB and then go and hop onto my BMX it feels really weird but after about 5 minutes I get used to it and it feels fine.

Posted: Jun 15, 2008 at 19:37 Quote
I ride both...

Subrosa Malum Dirt - for street and park (will be in in a few days)

and a Specialized P3 for DJ.

Posted: Jun 15, 2008 at 19:54 Quote
i ride bmx, dh, and dirt for me ive been riding bmx for a pretty long time, probably 6 years and still switching from my bmx in the park, to riding my downhill feels a bit sketchy. the bmx handles turns so much quicker and all that jazz.

you said youd be riding to school and id say ride a bmx, i ride mine and it hasnt been stolen yet.

Posted: Jun 15, 2008 at 21:11 Quote
I ride both, just feels a little weird going to mtb after being on my bmx, my marz dj2 feels so soft and smooth after ive been on my bmx lol

Posted: Jun 15, 2008 at 21:12 Quote
I do kind of. I cant ride the BMX anymore, because I blew my MCL a while back, and my knee cant take the pressure.... to bad it has to go.

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011509
Mobile Version of Website