Anyone Bmx and MTB?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Anyone Bmx and MTB?
Posted: Jun 15, 2008 at 21:14 Quote
^

thats a sex machine right there, 1pc crank, integrated stem, yummy.

Posted: Jun 15, 2008 at 21:15 Quote
and beleive it or not, it litarley is the SECOND best BMX ive ever ridden... as said, the 1 peice cranks are decent, clearly not the best, but whatever, and the integrated stem has also treated me well. The bike rides minty too.

Posted: Jun 15, 2008 at 21:16 Quote
tremblay wrote:
I ride both...

Subrosa Malum Dirt - for street and park (will be in in a few days)

and a Specialized P3 for DJ.
hey tell me wen u get this bike
if u like it for park and street
cause i think im doing the same thing!

Posted: Jun 15, 2008 at 21:18 Quote
dhr-208 wrote:
and beleive it or not, it litarley is the SECOND best BMX ive ever ridden... as said, the 1 peice cranks are decent, clearly not the best, but whatever, and the integrated stem has also treated me well. The bike rides minty too.

If thats the second best BMX you have ever ridden, you have never ridden a nice BMX... lol

I won't even get started with it, because you seem really attached to it, I won't hurt ur feelings, lol.

Posted: Jun 15, 2008 at 21:22 Quote
why do you think im getting rid of it, I CANT RIDE IT...

ive ridden Wethepeopl, haro, mirraco, and specialized...

the specialized is super short on me, the wethepeople was the best, the haro seemed REALLY small, and the mirraco, i didnt have long, so I cant give an opinion on it.,

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 0:09 Quote
it's a good thing this thread didn't get jacked Rolleyes

i've been riding mtb for years, just got a bmx and yes it was weird at first. the main thing is the difference in balance, like for manualing and turning properly. Also it's strange that my little bitty wheels have huge bars attached to them and my huge mtb wheels have narrower bars on them.

i would say, ride the shit out of both, that way you'll know what to expect each time you hop from one to the other. Also, your balance will probably adjust quicker.

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 4:15 Quote
I ride MTB and BMX but in the same way. I ride a hardtail DJ 26" in park street and DJ and I ride my BMX in the same parks street spots and DJs and I find that on a MTB I prfer bigger smoothr and simpler moves whereas on BMX I love trying to get tech.

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 20:59 Quote
yep bmx street,dirt and park and mtb for XC/ light mountain

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 21:02 Quote
if i keep switching my bikes feel really wierd

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 21:06 Quote
i just started riding bmx aswell as mtb, i use my mtb for dirt jumps and my bmx for skate parks and street. only hard thing is when u first hop on the bike just gotta adjust but after awhile im pretty sure the transition will be easy

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 21:15 Quote
i ride my mtb about 90% of the time. but when i want to learn a new trick i cant get on my big bike i hop on my bmx. it helps me dial the trick. and also i ride it when im doin tight street stuff were my big bike gets in the way. only takes me a couple of mins to adjust between bikes... it sucks because my mtb cranks are bent horribly.

Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 13:19 Quote
ascentryder17 wrote:
if i keep switching my bikes feel really wierd
I get that like if I've been riding 26" then I try something on a BMX I tend to just fall off the back and look like a total retard.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.048011
Mobile Version of Website