Totems For DH

PB Forum :: Downhill
Totems For DH
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 4:36 Quote
Will Totems be any good for riding downhill??

FL
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 4:38 Quote
why wouldnt they be?

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 4:40 Quote
i was just wondering because most people would rather 40s or boxxers will the totems be as good as them??

FL
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 4:45 Quote
well you will be loosing out on 20mm of travel which really isnt noticeable
there are light casue they are single crowns and they are stiff because of the 40mm stantions but there is really no point of getting them unless you are planning to freeride on them aswell. like do x-ups, and tailwhips
so i would say boxxers if you are not gonna do those things cause boxxers are light, simple and just awsome

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 4:47 Quote
but will they still feel nice on a downhill like boxxers?

FL
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 4:50 Quote
yes
there is no differant why they should feel any different if you set them up well

i myslef prefer single crowns becasue of the weight and the manouvrability but if you are going to buy totems you might aswell buy boxxers just becasue i think boxxers are lighter
but if you want some single crowns look into marzocchi 66's i love mine

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 4:51 Quote
ok but i need more people to say what they think

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 4:52 Quote
i also would rather a single crown

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 4:56 Quote
to be honest i think rigids would be best lol..... only joking. i cant seem to obtain a pair of decent forks lately, i have bent a pair of argyles, f*cked the seals on a pair of 4x world cup (marzocchi) and snapped the rebound cartridge in a pair of 55s, but i like the totems, they r pretty nice

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 4:57 Quote
i dont under stand how you put so many completely different forks on one bie ahah from 4x to totems?? ahha

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 4:57 Quote
if your doing just downhill get a dual crown. tottems are sprung a bit stiffer than dh fork due to them being designed as a freeride fork but they can do dh well just wont be quite as fast as you would on boxxers or 888 probably.

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 5:00 Quote
yeh i spose but i just dont like the feel of daul crown forks for some reason i like to be able to turn my bars as far as i want but do you recon they will be sensitive and not bump me around or will they just be like the pikes i had on my hardtail??

FL
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 5:01 Quote
alll depends on how u set them up!!
u could make them feel how u want
i suggest trying someone elses first

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 at 5:02 Quote
yeh ill try find some one with some lol

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008872
Mobile Version of Website