2009 Specialized bikes!

PB Forum :: Downhill
2009 Specialized bikes!
Posted: Jan 21, 2009 at 18:52 Quote
jcc1015 wrote:
Why don't you look at the sx. Not the trail version. It's a little bit smaller then what you're looking for but it looks really nice to me.
4x only, geo will be off for FR or DH, and its 4.2" of travel meant to work the best with 100mm at the front, 130mm max at the front, plus...it will be expensive if you want to make it work properly without making it a 4x bike

Posted: Jan 21, 2009 at 18:54 Quote
Alright, well it was just a suggestion.

Posted: Jan 21, 2009 at 18:54 Quote
jcc1015 wrote:
Why don't you look at the sx. Not the trail version. It's a little bit smaller then what you're looking for but it looks really nice to me.
Can you post a picture? Cant find a non-Trail SX on Google.

Posted: Jan 21, 2009 at 18:55 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm245/summerslost/7396-10_SX_frame_white__l.jpg

Posted: Jan 21, 2009 at 18:56 Quote
*EDITbeat to it*

Posted: Jan 21, 2009 at 18:58 Quote
Rattsl wrote:
jcc1015 wrote:
4x only, geo will be off for FR or DH, and its 4.2" of travel meant to work the best with 100mm at the front, 130mm max at the front, plus...it will be expensive if you want to make it work properly without making it a 4x bike
It's not 4x only, the geo has been modified, and it's beefier now, not to mention there were more riders on the SX than any other frame at Crankworx this year, AND it won the world Champs for 4X

Posted: Jan 21, 2009 at 18:59 Quote
dustingilding wrote:
Rattsl wrote:
jcc1015 wrote:
It's not 4x only, the geo has been modified, and it's beefier now, not to mention there were more riders on the SX than any other frame at Crankworx this year, AND it won the world Champs for 4X
the slopestyle ones used had beefier components and materials that are not available to the public and yes, im still talkin about the frame

Posted: Jan 21, 2009 at 19:03 Quote
OMG, its so much nicer than the SX trail...

Posted: Jan 21, 2009 at 19:04 Quote
Rattsl wrote:
dustingilding wrote:
Rattsl wrote:

the slopestyle ones used had beefier components and materials that are not available to the public and yes, im still talkin about the frame
Tell me, just what beefier components are you talking about

O+
Posted: Jan 21, 2009 at 19:06 Quote
RM396 wrote:
it's the same thing, just sxt has 2.5 more inches of travel

Posted: Jan 21, 2009 at 20:08 Quote
pake wrote:
RM396 wrote:
Paint-job wise.
They're both ugly if they were rawed anyways.

O+
Posted: Jan 21, 2009 at 20:15 Quote
RM396 wrote:
pake wrote:
RM396 wrote:
Paint-job wise.
They're both ugly if they were rawed anyways.
well, you have nothing to worry about since there isn't a raw production

Posted: Jan 21, 2009 at 20:46 Quote
dustingilding wrote:
Rattsl wrote:
dustingilding wrote:
Tell me, just what beefier components are you talking about
the pros who ride them, have them built to the strength of the sxt, the sx frame is obviously lighter for 4x purposes,so frame is made out of the same if not stronger alu then the sxt's, thats the kinda changes, as well as change in geo

Posted: Jan 21, 2009 at 20:46 Quote
From which source you know this?

Posted: Jan 21, 2009 at 20:47 Quote
dustingilding wrote:
From which source you know this?
specialized rep

EDIT: the sxt is m5 manipulated alu and the sx is m5 premium treated alu.....premium is the lighter one obviously

EDIT2: the 4x model is meant for 2 seasons of racing btw....thats what my sources sayBig Grin

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016615
Mobile Version of Website