You know you work in a bikeshop when...

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
You know you work in a bikeshop when...
Author Message
Posted: Jul 25, 2012 at 11:50 Quote
haha the local skatepark (real small) is a 5min bike from the store, lights are usually on till 11:30-12am. which is good because all the little kiddies are gone and ive got the park to myself to try some new stuff. might get my buddy to come with me one night and get some pics.

Posted: Jul 25, 2012 at 12:19 Quote
I so rarely ride street in skate parks.

Posted: Jul 25, 2012 at 12:26 Quote
more into dirt, but cant do that at night. plus the park has some fun transfers and what not

Posted: Jul 25, 2012 at 12:34 Quote
Had a customer in last week that put this seat:

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.realseat.com/sitebuilder/images/Trek-SU100-with-an-Extra-Wide-RealSeat-Bicycle-Seat-705x375.jpg


On his






















































Madone.

Posted: Jul 25, 2012 at 12:36 Quote
That's like the sofa of seats.

Posted: Jul 25, 2012 at 12:40 Quote
It's a damn hammock.

Posted: Jul 25, 2012 at 14:33 Quote
gotta love customers like that. i cry a little every time

Posted: Jul 25, 2012 at 14:45 Quote
willy94 wrote:
gotta love customers like that. i cry a little every time

In their face or out back?

Posted: Jul 25, 2012 at 15:19 Quote
jaacck wrote:
willy94 wrote:
gotta love customers like that. i cry a little every time

In their face or out back?
while im installing said stuff. constantly telling the bike its not their fault, and how sorry i am

Posted: Jul 25, 2012 at 15:25 Quote
willy94 wrote:
jaacck wrote:
willy94 wrote:
gotta love customers like that. i cry a little every time

In their face or out back?
while im installing said stuff. constantly telling the bike its not their fault, and how sorry i am

Hahaha lol

Posted: Jul 25, 2012 at 15:52 Quote
so true lol old guy came in a few days ago. bought a 2012 29er nail trail and put this saddle on it. he also wants to put 5 inch rise bars on it...

Posted: Jul 25, 2012 at 15:55 Quote
jaacck wrote:
True, but I would sure as hell love to get out every evening I worked to ride!
been doing some really f*cking good after work rides lately (worked the last 3 weeks straight, so kinda have to ride after 6). you get a solid 3 hours of light, which is enough for a decent AM/ DH burn, or a sweet street sesh. I usually do a road ride in the morning before work. I've tried street/ park before work, but I'm usually not 'on' enough that early. Still, I get a solid 4-5 hours of riding per day, even when I work 9 hours.

Posted: Jul 25, 2012 at 17:11 Quote
Anyone have any great tips on getting a stuck carbon post out of a carbon frame? I can sacrifice the seatpost, but the frame is a vintage Look and needs to be saved.

Posted: Jul 25, 2012 at 19:00 Quote
assuming you already tried the upside down frame with post in a clamp method. If the issue was not enough torque, you can instead clamp the frame (in more than one location if possible), drill a hole through the post and slide through as long of a steel rod as you want for as much leverage as you want.

alternatively,
- heat gun the post, let it cool and wack it a few times
- clamp the post near the frame until it cracks and then twist/pull out the pieces

The last method is last resort because if the crack does not spread far enough on the post inside of the frame, then that is going to suck. You would likely have to spend a lot of time with the dremel to cut it out if that were the case.

Posted: Jul 25, 2012 at 23:12 Quote
dkidd wrote:
jaacck wrote:
True, but I would sure as hell love to get out every evening I worked to ride!
been doing some really f*cking good after work rides lately (worked the last 3 weeks straight, so kinda have to ride after 6). you get a solid 3 hours of light, which is enough for a decent AM/ DH burn, or a sweet street sesh. I usually do a road ride in the morning before work. I've tried street/ park before work, but I'm usually not 'on' enough that early. Still, I get a solid 4-5 hours of riding per day, even when I work 9 hours.

I have been working almost 2 weeks now but get pretty tired (first experience of full time work), defiantly going to get out and ride today and tomorrow after work, just got a new frame too! Sucks though as I am one of those people who needs a decent sleep otherwise I am wrecked the day after, so morning and an evening ride are out of the question. :/


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.026437
Mobile Version of Website