You know you work in a bikeshop when...

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
You know you work in a bikeshop when...
Posted: Aug 4, 2012 at 11:31 Quote
Worst thing is when you are on a bike path (either one thats parallel to the road or is its own sidewalk type thing) and people have their dogs WHO HATE BIKES on exceedingly long or no leash. They jump and bark at you...it sucks. I had to kick a dog the other day because it jumped out at me and would have pushed me into traffic. I hated life.

And then there's unfriendly dogs on bikeracks...

I love dogs, but if your dog hates bikes, dont take him into bike areas a*sholes.

Posted: Aug 4, 2012 at 11:52 Quote
Dogs are always in the right.

If the dog doesn't like you riding your bike, get off your bike.

...and punch it's owner right in the mouth.

but srsly, dogs are awesome, and can do no wrong.

Posted: Aug 4, 2012 at 21:40 Quote
My sentiments exactly.

Posted: Aug 4, 2012 at 21:59 Quote
when all the online retailers summer sale pricing is better than EP Blank Stare

Posted: Aug 4, 2012 at 22:01 Quote
NWray wrote:
when all the online retailers summer sale pricing is better than EP Blank Stare
this. but just remember, usually with shipping and boarder fees it comes out to the same

Posted: Aug 4, 2012 at 23:14 Quote
not even. more than half of them are offering free shipping right now... and as long as stuff isn't shipped via UPS boarder fees are next to nothing. didnt get dinged at all for my last crc order and it was an oversized package as well

Posted: Aug 6, 2012 at 8:18 Quote
I don't work in a shop but I have a pretty sweet garage set up and the worst thing is when you run out of small black zip ties. It happens at the worst time. Ex: when you've just purchased new brakes and you want to go ride them, but you mysteriously have used up all of your ties so you have no way of securing the hyro line to your frame. (Unless you use twist ties like i did it was pretty sketchy. I don't recommend it)

Posted: Aug 6, 2012 at 8:20 Quote
We had a zip tie outage... It was scary.

Posted: Aug 6, 2012 at 8:20 Quote
NWray wrote:
not even. more than half of them are offering free shipping right now... and as long as stuff isn't shipped via UPS boarder fees are next to nothing. didnt get dinged at all for my last crc order and it was an oversized package as well
also if you ask the online retails to write "GIFT" on the box or packing order the customs official don't tax your package. which is sweet.

Posted: Aug 6, 2012 at 8:26 Quote
another funny situation is when you run out of Loctite and start using dish soap instead when you build a wheel set

Posted: Aug 6, 2012 at 8:30 Quote
shaya wrote:
another funny situation is when you run out of Locktite and start using dish soap instead when you build a wheel set

I have two words for you:

Linseed Oil.

The shop I worked at had a wheel come in that had Loctite on the spokes.. We sent it back to the owner because we couldn't do anything without rounding the nipples...

Posted: Aug 6, 2012 at 8:35 Quote
Linseed oil is where its at.

Posted: Aug 6, 2012 at 8:36 Quote
Charge262 wrote:
Linseed oil is where its at.
That's used to lube aircraft rigging cables.

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021112
Mobile Version of Website