You know you work in a bikeshop when...

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
You know you work in a bikeshop when...
Posted: Mar 1, 2017 at 14:03 Quote
Bluntstone must secretly sponsor a bunch of my coworkers because they're everywhere at my shop. My significant other sells some other footwear so that's most of my stuff. Otherwise some Adidas Busenitz shoes are my flat shoe of choice. I do have a pair of those new Specialized Skitch shoes I need to start wearing in though.

Posted: Mar 1, 2017 at 15:50 Quote
f*ckIN LOVE half cab pro's. They are maybe 10$ more than the "standard" ones and last about 30% longer. Riding brakeless i get about 4-5 months out of a pair before they are completely croaked. General walking about / riding a bike with brakes they should easily last a year minimum. And if you made freerunners last 2 the half cabs shoud last quite a while

Posted: Mar 1, 2017 at 15:56 Quote
nwthumbs wrote:
f*ckIN LOVE half cab pro's. They are maybe 10$ more than the "standard" ones and last about 30% longer. Riding brakeless i get about 4-5 months out of a pair before they are completely croaked. General walking about / riding a bike with brakes they should easily last a year minimum. And if you made freerunners last 2 the half cabs shoud last quite a while
I get about 2 years out of them if i ride my bmx somewhat regularly. If i go hard on the bmx like the good old days I get about 6 month out of them.

Posted: Mar 1, 2017 at 17:02 Quote
4-5 months is me riding street and to and from work every day i should add.

Posted: Mar 1, 2017 at 19:04 Quote
I think I might go the route of 5 10, I get a discount and have had good experiences with them for a long time.

Posted: Mar 1, 2017 at 21:11 Quote
I want the McCaskill 5 10s

O+
Posted: Mar 1, 2017 at 22:59 Quote
I don't know if it's just me but I killed a pair of 5.10 freeriders and assents in less than a year.. Went to Giro Jackets and they last me a solid year of daily shit kicking..

Posted: Mar 2, 2017 at 2:56 Quote
I love my dirtbags but wear so fast if you walk, got a first pair of converse ever and rubber is super soft, will wear this ones before the uppers (not buying again)

I usually use skate shoes for the shop last ones where some Ipath (no longer made) came with a really solid sole (thing you step in) will be a sad day when this ones die. Bad side of them is that they are not very grippy on pedals

Posted: Mar 2, 2017 at 2:58 Quote
superging wrote:
Bromaphobe wrote:
A bit of a weird one!
How do you guys cope with greasy skin? It never quite hit me that why my skin could be so bad until I went on holiday, leaving the workshop for a week and everything cleared up instantly.

Anyone else?!

your hands? try using real gloves and not latex/nitrite ones

Good cleaner cream does wonders, get some and wash your hands more than once in a day

Posted: Mar 2, 2017 at 7:21 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
I don't know if it's just me but I killed a pair of 5.10 freeriders and assents in less than a year.. Went to Giro Jackets and they last me a solid year of daily shit kicking..
I've had issues with "new" 5tens

Posted: Mar 2, 2017 at 7:48 Quote
Man, I've got like 6 pairs of FiveTens now, 2 of them going on 7 years old lol

Posted: Mar 2, 2017 at 7:49 Quote
I kinda want the Adidas trail kicks. But I ain't paying no retail

Posted: Mar 2, 2017 at 7:56 Quote
my fivetens usually last at least 1.5 years of daily use before I retire them, and when I do retire them it is usually more because they look messed up rather than actually being messed up (faded, scuffed, stained, ect.) I usually hold onto them as backups because I am a slight hoarder.

Posted: Mar 2, 2017 at 8:27 Quote
I've been wearing Chrome lower south side shoes for almost 4 years of daily use now and they are just starting to fail. I'm probably going to go with 5.10 sleuths to replace them.

Posted: Mar 2, 2017 at 11:08 Quote
ICAS wrote:
I kinda want the Adidas trail kicks. But I ain't paying no retail

lol after working in the shop long enough its like f*ck paying retail for things and whats the best rate i can get

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021957
Mobile Version of Website