You know you work in a bikeshop when...

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
You know you work in a bikeshop when...
Posted: Jun 17, 2017 at 20:08 Quote
Anyone else cut up old tubes and put them over bells so little kids don't ding them. It's the only way I can keep my sanity.

Posted: Jun 17, 2017 at 23:31 Quote
Would someone mind hooking me up with a fox rep or 2018 ep form.
I've been trying to contact our person at HQ but they seem to be ignoring my emails (all EPs are managed by a central employee)
I contacted the one we had from my old shop but he no longer works at fox Frown .
I'm trying to get my hands on a 2018 36.

Posted: Jun 17, 2017 at 23:56 Quote
TwoWheelMike wrote:
On a separate note, anyone have any clues to any vendors that sell motul suspension oil? Someone at DVO recommended that I should use that oil, but I cannot find it through any of the wholesalers I normally use.

Motul is popular in Euro motorbike shops here. Try a few and then ask where they get it from.

Posted: Jun 18, 2017 at 21:39 Quote
Tmonster2301 wrote:
Would someone mind hooking me up with a fox rep or 2018 ep form.
I've been trying to contact our person at HQ but they seem to be ignoring my emails (all EPs are managed by a central employee)
I contacted the one we had from my old shop but he no longer works at fox Frown .
I'm trying to get my hands on a 2018 36.
Probably won't happen my understanding is that those forks do not exist with no eta.

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 0:52 Quote
Jenson has them in stock and I've seen them on a couple builds posted around here.

Worth it to wait or just go for 2017 right now?

And currently I do not have a fork, but I also don't have a bike lol my enduro is being warrantied right now unfortunately.

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 8:00 Quote
Tmonster2301 wrote:
Jenson has them in stock and I've seen them on a couple builds posted around here.

And currently I do not have a fork, but I also don't have a bike lol my enduro is being warrantied right now unfortunately.
The Canadian distro for fox has sold out of them as has fox. No eta on when more are going to be available. Places like Jensen likely have some from their first shipment still.

Why is your frame being warrantied?

O+
Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 10:26 Quote
Shop i work in is now closing down which is a big shame, but i got loads of workshop lubes and cleaners for cheap and already found another shop that i can hopefully get a job at Smile

Had a "trial" on thursday last week and they want me back on wednesday for another trial 12-8pm and then they've invited me to go to the local pump track with them and back to the shop for a BBQ Big Grin

So I'm hoping i've got a job there, safe bet?

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 15:47 Quote
Scotj009 wrote:
Shop i work in is now closing down which is a big shame, but i got loads of workshop lubes and cleaners for cheap and already found another shop that i can hopefully get a job at Smile

Had a "trial" on thursday last week and they want me back on wednesday for another trial 12-8pm and then they've invited me to go to the local pump track with them and back to the shop for a BBQ Big Grin

So I'm hoping i've got a job there, safe bet?

Depends - Usually they'll do the sort of thing to gauge you as a person and see if you'll fit in

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 18:00 Quote
Sound like cool fellas.

It's definitely not a no. Otherwise they wouldn't bother inviting you.

Enjoy sir.

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 2:07 Quote
yo13bo wrote:
That is why I always state how much it costs before doing it, some complain when it only took a couple minutes, way I see it you're paying me to do it because it takes me 2 minutes and it would take you half a hour, if you can do it at all.

You also get the elitist roadie snobs whom the world revolves around who try the "I don't carry my wallet on rides can you just do it?" "yeah why not want to just take all the money out of my wallet while you are at it?"

I just ask them to wander around our store for 15-20min, its a big sports store so they usually come back with something extra and they dont see how fast/easy it is to fix. Win win!

O+
Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 6:14 Quote
Tmonster2301 wrote:
Congrats on the possible job opportunity, sounds like your a serious candidate.
ajax-ripper wrote:
Tmonster2301 wrote:

The Canadian distro for fox has sold out of them as has fox. No eta on when more are going to be available. Places like Jensen likely have some from their first shipment still.

Why is your frame being warrantied?
Ahhh, I am putting in an order for one tomorrow, if not I'll just order a 17.

And frame is in cus headset is fuuuucked, my boss thinks it's not in straight and it definitely has issues, waiting on paperwork bs, im praying to the bike gods that I get it back in time for my big summer bike trip (July 8th)
you still spending a lot of the summer near mountain creek?

O+
Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 7:15 Quote
johan90 wrote:
yo13bo wrote:
That is why I always state how much it costs before doing it, some complain when it only took a couple minutes, way I see it you're paying me to do it because it takes me 2 minutes and it would take you half a hour, if you can do it at all.

You also get the elitist roadie snobs whom the world revolves around who try the "I don't carry my wallet on rides can you just do it?" "yeah why not want to just take all the money out of my wallet while you are at it?"

I just ask them to wander around our store for 15-20min, its a big sports store so they usually come back with something extra and they dont see how fast/easy it is to fix. Win win!
This is so important. Whoever does your marketing spends the majority of their time worrying about how to get a customer with money in their pocket to hang around the store for 15 minutes.

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 13:34 Quote
dkidd wrote:
johan90 wrote:
yo13bo wrote:

This is so important. Whoever does your marketing spends the majority of their time worrying about how to get a customer with money in their pocket to hang around the store for 15 minutes.

Yep and the best part is, normally most people know what they are there for (for example they need new football shoes or whatever) so its in and out in a hurry but when they are waiting they just wander around and actually have the peace of mind to look around so its a really good time to "oh that would be good to have".

O+
Posted: Jul 19, 2017 at 9:58 Quote
So, i am leaving my shop that i have worked at for 3ish years, and i need a way to leave a legacy in there. any ideas?
I was thinking of leaving pictures of myself taped behind cabinets what not.... but i feel there should be more

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019593
Mobile Version of Website