You know you work in a bikeshop when...

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
You know you work in a bikeshop when...
Posted: Sep 7, 2017 at 8:41 Quote
I want to punch all Guides in the face!! You too DB's!!

Posted: Sep 7, 2017 at 8:41 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
Anyone doing Interbike this year?

And apparently that's a no...

O+
Posted: Sep 7, 2017 at 12:35 Quote
whattheheel wrote:

My friends lever just fell out, not even a single scratch on it, it just detached from the piston Facepalm

O+
Posted: Sep 7, 2017 at 15:40 Quote
whattheheel wrote:

Don't forget the levels!

Posted: Sep 7, 2017 at 16:04 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Assuming you're talking about Guide brakes, I thought mine were great, then the lever started sticking...

Posted: Sep 7, 2017 at 17:54 Quote
I replaced 4 guide R's today. Every single one of them had a different sized hole at the lever when you pulled out the hose. The smaller the hole the shittier they were. Take all bikes apart and check the size of hole. It will save you work later.

Posted: Sep 7, 2017 at 20:40 Quote
If you guys have separate service/sales guys, how are your sales guys paid? Hourly, hourly+commission, straight commission? There an end-of-year-bonus? Do they care about profit margin, etc?

Posted: Sep 8, 2017 at 1:32 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
I replaced 4 guide R's today. Every single one of them had a different sized hole at the lever when you pulled out the hose. The smaller the hole the shittier they were. Take all bikes apart and check the size of hole. It will save you work later.

My RSC's have been fine after warranty however my R's haven't needed it yet! Any idea if the new codes have the same issue/based on the same design?

Posted: Sep 8, 2017 at 21:22 Quote
I haven't seen codes in shop forever. Sorry

Posted: Sep 9, 2017 at 9:37 Quote
seanondemand wrote:
If you guys have separate service/sales guys, how are your sales guys paid? Hourly, hourly+commission, straight commission? There an end-of-year-bonus? Do they care about profit margin, etc?
when I was in sales it was hourly plus a small commission. It was a 1% commission IIRC

I think it's a fine balance because commission does encourage sales but it also encourages shitty sales tactics and arguments between employees.

O+
Posted: Sep 9, 2017 at 16:08 Quote
we do hourly only

Posted: Sep 9, 2017 at 17:50 Quote
Giladgu wrote:
we do hourly only
We do hourly plus service bonus for techs and sales bonus for the geriatrics... if we meet sales targets or labor goals a percentage of the overage gets split up and divied out the staff based on how many hours they work.

Posted: Sep 23, 2017 at 14:43 Quote
How often do you guys rotate your personal bike fleet? I've held onto my 5010 for two seasons now and that seems to be a season longer than normal around here

O+
Posted: Sep 23, 2017 at 14:47 Quote
Yep, every season at minimum I sometimes do it for the off season as well, depends what comes out or what I'm riding

Posted: Sep 23, 2017 at 14:50 Quote
I really, really try to hold onto my bikes as long as I can, but it's pretty difficult always being tempted by the latest and greatest.

Longest I've had a bike (recently) was 2 years. Current oldest bike is just about a year old now.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.166773
Mobile Version of Website