You know you work in a bikeshop when...

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
You know you work in a bikeshop when...
Posted: Sep 23, 2017 at 19:05 Quote
I try to do a new MTB every year, I'll hold on to DJ bikes for a while.

I'm actually in that dilemma right now, as my current trail bike leaves nothing to be desired, and there isnt anything out there I'd rather have, but I have 1 EP left for the year, and I risk losing more money it next year if I keep it. Not sure what I'll end up doing lol

So I'm looking at a Trek Fuel EX 9.9 to replace my Fuel EX 9.8 P1 (which is pretty much spec'd the same as the new 9.9), or possibly doing a Santa Cruz Hightower.

Also for the first time in my life, considering trying a 27.5 bike, possible a Remedy or Bronson...

O+
Posted: Sep 23, 2017 at 19:22 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:

I'm actually in that dilemma right now, as my current trail bike leaves nothing to be desired, and there isnt anything out there I'd rather have, but I have 1 EP left for the year, and I risk losing more money it next year if I keep it. Not sure what I'll end up doing lol

So I'm looking at a Trek Fuel EX 9.9 to replace my Fuel EX 9.8 P1 (which is pretty much spec'd the same as the new 9.9), or possibly doing a Santa Cruz Hightower.

Also for the first time in my life, considering trying a 27.5 bike, possible a Remedy or Bronson...

I am in the same boat, i have a slash kitted out with xtr and there is nothing that i want to replace it with, but i know i should sell it so i can keep the re-sale value....

O+
Posted: Sep 23, 2017 at 20:14 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:

Remedy is meh. Only ridden a remedy 8 fwiw. Been riding shop demo x01 2018 bronson quite a bit lately. That bike is amazingly fun, all the time on any trail! Snappy, playful ride but plenty of squish for sending it with dpx2 shock.

Posted: Sep 24, 2017 at 7:26 Quote
We tend to do 2 years unless something amazing/gamechanging comes out. Still on my 2016 Mega and not seeing anything I need

O+
Posted: Sep 24, 2017 at 14:06 Quote
Rocky mountain slayer not on that list Wink

O+
Posted: Sep 24, 2017 at 19:40 Quote
Trail bikes normally get moved every year.. Maybe 2 years if things don't change too much.

Road bikes and DH bikes every 2-4 years.

My Yeti DJ bike is a forever bike for me.

O+
Posted: Sep 24, 2017 at 20:40 Quote
short travel 27.5 (NON +) trail bike for maximum smiles?
preferably not the evil, my boss has one. thinking 120ish travel or maybe a little more, but preferably under 140.

***must be smile inducing***

???

Posted: Sep 24, 2017 at 21:02 Quote
superging wrote:
preferably not the evil, my boss has one. thinking 120ish travel or maybe a little more, but preferably under 140.

???
Cannondale Habit SE blew my socks off the other day. Looks like for 2018 they're just going for 130fr/120rr through the whole line. So playful, climbs like a goat, really blew me away. Thinking of going to a Scalpel SE myself

O+
Posted: Sep 24, 2017 at 22:57 Quote
seanondemand wrote:
superging wrote:

???
Cannondale Habit SE blew my socks off the other day. Looks like for 2018 they're just going for 130fr/120rr through the whole line. So playful, climbs like a goat, really blew me away. Thinking of going to a Scalpel SE myself

Transition Scout?

Posted: Sep 25, 2017 at 7:01 Quote
Anyone have a good contact for EP stuff at Fox suspension? I've only ever run Rockshox forks, and considering going with a Fox Factory tuned fork this time around.

Feel free to PM me.

Posted: Sep 25, 2017 at 8:17 Quote
Scotj009 wrote:

Slayer's too expensive and carbon, I don't have a need for splashing out on something shiny since I'm saving for an S15

2018 Patrol Alu is looking like the one so far!

Posted: Sep 25, 2017 at 14:16 Quote
Bromaphobe wrote:
Scotj009 wrote:

I'm saving for an S15

This is relevant to my interests.

Posted: Sep 25, 2017 at 14:27 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
Bromaphobe wrote:
Scotj009 wrote:

I'm saving for an S15

This is relevant to my interests.

Why is your name Zenki if you own a Kouki Drool

I was dead keen on an S14a but after not finding enough clean(ish) examples S15 seems the way to go

Posted: Sep 25, 2017 at 15:00 Quote
A clean s15 is stupidly rare now, and if you do find one they want the world for it.

Luckily over here if you swing that way Jap imports are not too difficult.

Posted: Sep 25, 2017 at 15:26 Quote
yo13bo wrote:
A clean s15 is stupidly rare now, and if you do find one they want the world for it.

Luckily over here if you swing that way Jap imports are not too difficult.

I'm actually seeing more sensibly priced S15s than 14a's, most 14's I see are worrying

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019921
Mobile Version of Website