You know you work in a bikeshop when...

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
You know you work in a bikeshop when...
Posted: Nov 14, 2017 at 13:04 Quote
f*ck Trek. They care not for their dealers

If you're doing it regularly, different story. But I own something, I'll sell it whenever I choose. Shit happens. Once I give you money for goods, your opinion on how I deal with it moving forward is invalid.

Posted: Nov 14, 2017 at 15:25 Quote
ICAS wrote:

If you're doing it regularly, different story. But I own something, I'll sell it whenever I choose. Shit happens. Once I give you money for goods, your opinion on how I deal with it moving forward is invalid.

Until you sign a contract agreeing to not doing specifically that.

Posted: Nov 14, 2017 at 15:29 Quote
Bromaphobe wrote:
zip ties... turn them inwards... Big Grin
I'd really like a pic please, because I'm not following.

Posted: Nov 14, 2017 at 15:39 Quote
XCMark wrote:
Bromaphobe wrote:
zip ties... turn them inwards... Big Grin
I'd really like a pic please, because I'm not following.
wtf how do you do that

Posted: Nov 14, 2017 at 15:52 Quote
sherbet wrote:
ICAS wrote:

Fair play

O+
Posted: Nov 14, 2017 at 17:11 Quote
sherbet wrote:
ICAS wrote:

+1. Also, keep in mind guys that you don't know who could be reading. A few industry people who don't necessarily work at retailers read this every once in a while...

Posted: Nov 16, 2017 at 13:04 Quote
Well thankfully things fell into place, though I was on knife edge to say the least so I can hang onto it for a fair bit longer

Posted: Nov 16, 2017 at 13:11 Quote
jackstack wrote:
Well thankfully things fell into place, though I was on knife edge to say the least so I can hang onto it for a fair bit longer

Good to hear brah

Salute

O+
Posted: Jan 21, 2018 at 15:17 Quote
You know you work in a shop when you order Shimano pedals off of Jenson because it's cheaper, faster, and easier than ordering directly from Shimano.

Posted: Jan 21, 2018 at 15:36 Quote
You know you work in a bike shop when you stop putting shimano on your bike because of their shit practices.

O+
Posted: Jan 21, 2018 at 18:25 Quote
Honestly though. The only people we sell clipless pedals to are inexperienced riders who don't know any better.

Posted: Jan 21, 2018 at 19:00 Quote
sherbet wrote:
You know you work in a bike shop when you stop putting shimano on your bike because of their shit practices.

I've been a SRAM/RS guy for 10 years now because of this.

Pedals (clipless) are the only thing I can't get away from Shimano on. What are you on Sherb?

Posted: Jan 21, 2018 at 19:03 Quote
Lt-Scallywag wrote:
Honestly though. The only people we sell clipless pedals to are inexperienced riders who don't know any better.

Sounds like you don’t know your customer. No “experienced” customer buys pedals at a bike shop

Posted: Jan 21, 2018 at 19:06 Quote
tbartoncv wrote:
Lt-Scallywag wrote:

Sounds like you don’t know your customer. No “experienced” customer buys pedals at a bike shop
unless they're on sale.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018230
Mobile Version of Website