You know you work in a bikeshop when...

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
You know you work in a bikeshop when...
Posted: Mar 18, 2018 at 15:23 Quote
Can your boss see how many times you have failed a quiz on Trek Uni? Just asking for a friend

Posted: Mar 18, 2018 at 17:06 Quote
Lawrallt wrote:
Can your boss see how many times you have failed a quiz on Trek Uni? Just asking for a friend

"Just asking for a friend"

Posted: Mar 18, 2018 at 17:11 Quote
k-m-z wrote:
Lawrallt wrote:

I heard that if you get the same quiz wrong more then 5 times, your rep calls your boss.

Posted: Mar 18, 2018 at 19:19 Quote
william4269 wrote:
k-m-z wrote:
Lawrallt wrote:

I heard that if you get the same quiz wrong more then 5 times, your rep calls your boss.
That’s not so bad. If you fail an SBCU quiz 5 times, Mike Sinyard himself shows up at your door and tells you how disappointed he is.

Posted: Mar 21, 2018 at 14:40 Quote
Yeaaah.

If you fail the Madone cable routing quiz 5 times in a row, your rep calls your Boss to let him know you're an easy going fella who loves an IPA.

O+
Posted: Mar 23, 2018 at 13:28 Quote
but really -- no, they can't see how many times you failed a quiz

Posted: Mar 29, 2018 at 11:12 Quote
BenSawyer wrote:
but really -- no, they can't see how many times you failed a quiz

I think your shop's respective trek rep can see...

Posted: Nov 9, 2018 at 17:44 Quote
]Hey guys, my name is David from the Peddler Bike Shop in Cedar Park, Texas. one of the mechanics at my work needs surgery for his hernia but he cant afford it. My other co worker and I started a go fund me so he can get it faster than what he predicts (7 months through the VA) If anyone knows him please dont tell him, were trying to keep it on the DL for now. Feel free to donate, I couldn't find him on pink bike so I thought I would give it a shot since he will probably not see this.

https://www.gofundme.com/tim-carr039s-hernia-surgery

Posted: Dec 3, 2018 at 9:31 Quote
If anyone is on the fence about donating, I just wanted to say that I have worked with Tim at another shop and he's a hard-working, stand-up guy and an excellent mechanic. He is the kind of person who would give you his last dollar and never say a word about it.

O+
Posted: Jun 10, 2019 at 13:14 Quote
Tyre storage?

What do you guys do in your shops?

Posted: Jun 10, 2019 at 13:18 Quote
2 ft rods welded to the rafters, and a long pole with a hook to pull them down

O+
Posted: Jun 10, 2019 at 15:12 Quote
pretty much that, but we built 2x4 trusses

Posted: Jun 10, 2019 at 17:30 Quote
Cubbies that the tires sit upright in, probably 4 rows of tires, sits about 8ft tall

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017474
Mobile Version of Website