You know you work in a bikeshop when...

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
You know you work in a bikeshop when...
Posted: Aug 26, 2021 at 12:49 Quote
trailblitz wrote:
I await the sweet release of death

Words to live by...

2022 will be even harder regarding bike stocks & sourcing parts. We are still contemplating the fact that we might as well start selling chewing gums. lol

Posted: Aug 26, 2021 at 23:12 Quote
Barkit wrote:
trailblitz wrote:

Words to live by...

2022 will be even harder regarding bike stocks & sourcing parts. We are still contemplating the fact that we might as well start selling chewing gums. lol
"Chewing gums" my brain went right to old folks missing their dentures...avatar checs out.

Posted: Aug 27, 2021 at 4:43 Quote
I actually want to start.

I keep talking myself out of going up to LBS and asking if they need some P/T help. I'm catching up on all the newer stuff after a big hiatus from cycling so it makes me a bit nervous. I'm a skilled mechanic (on everything from cars to dishwashers) and definitely confident in my ability to fix anything from a tractor to a toaster, but for some reason I'm a bit hesitant.

The only thing I have not done is build wheels, but I really want to learn. Hell...I do everything else on my bikes myself (including suspension), and have built several. I want to help people, and I f**king love bikes....

Posted: Aug 27, 2021 at 7:57 Quote
adm750 wrote:

I keep talking myself out of going up to LBS and asking if they need some P/T help. I'm catching up on all the newer stuff after a big hiatus from cycling so it makes me a bit nervous. I'm a skilled mechanic (on everything from cars to dishwashers) and definitely confident in my ability to fix anything from a tractor to a toaster, but for some reason I'm a bit hesitant.

The only thing I have not done is build wheels, but I really want to learn. Hell...I do everything else on my bikes myself (including suspension), and have built several. I want to help people, and I f**king love bikes....

In my experience wheels take little more than patience and focus. It is not a technically difficult task.

Posted: Aug 27, 2021 at 8:42 Quote
I can do patience and focus tup

O+
Posted: Aug 27, 2021 at 10:04 Quote
adm750 wrote:

There's definitely nothing overly technical about building wheels. The step by step process is relatively simple. As with most things in life, it's about practice, practice, practice.

Posted: Aug 27, 2021 at 20:59 Quote
adm750 wrote:
I can do patience and focus tup

I imagine nearly every shop in the country is short staffed, and would be wildly interested in an enthusiastic applicant with mechanical aptitude. Go get a job in the industry!

Posted: Aug 28, 2021 at 7:15 Quote
Can confirm we were looking for employees for most of the year. It's almost september now, so places like us that are seasonal won't be hiring anyone, but we'd be VERY keen on those resumes for next spring.

Posted: Oct 1, 2021 at 15:51 Quote
trailblitz wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:
Just checking in on the homies. How you guys doing out there? Been a rough '21.

I'll give you my last 4 8 speed cassettes and 1 12 speed quicklink if you promise to take me with you to valhalla.

Posted: Oct 2, 2021 at 11:49 Quote
hahahahaha the truth though

Posted: Oct 5, 2021 at 14:53 Quote
Alright dudes, how many of you work at a Specialized dealer?

O+
Posted: Oct 5, 2021 at 15:40 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:

Ew no

Posted: Oct 5, 2021 at 16:00 Quote
nubbs wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:

Ew no

+1.

Posted: Oct 6, 2021 at 5:01 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:

I do!

Posted: Oct 15, 2021 at 17:15 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
nubbs wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:

Ew no

+1.

Yew bizzy? Gat bikez? P&A?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016205
Mobile Version of Website