You know you work in a bikeshop when...

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
You know you work in a bikeshop when...
Posted: Oct 16, 2021 at 7:37 Quote
Trying to figure out if we'll ever be able to EP bikes again haha Need a new rig!!

Posted: Oct 16, 2021 at 13:42 Quote
blueeyedbiker68 wrote:
whattheheel wrote:
nubbs wrote:

Ew no

+1.

Yew bizzy? Gat bikez? P&A?

Pretty much a crap shoot on all of it. Had a few Ripley AF's ship out to us this week and have some stock but it's all pretty much still feast or famine.

Posted: Oct 16, 2021 at 20:46 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
Trying to figure out if we'll ever be able to EP bikes again haha Need a new rig!!

Shout out to Transition for keeping EP alive in these trying times!

O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2021 at 12:31 Quote
Transition are so sound! They did a UK visit a week ago, really nice guys and a tight nit company from the sounds of it. They are super easy to deal with all the time. Couldn't ask for much more out the bikes either!

Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 6:43 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:

Their EP program is pretty light though isnt it? Not too deep of a deal, and their margins are super thin already.

Love Transition as a brand and their bikes though. Maybe I'll look into it.

Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 7:47 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:

Keeping that 25% off alive

Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 8:17 Quote
clindblomenduro wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:

Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 9:14 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
clindblomenduro wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:

Definitely more than that, although I believe they have different price scales for those who work at dealers and those who just work in the industry. But I shouldn't post exact numbers

Yea, we have a dealer account setup, but havent started stocking them yet. They are obviously, for good reasons, prioritizing all previous stocking dealers for bike allocations before sending to new dealers.

Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 10:35 Quote
clindblomenduro wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:

It's considered very poor manners to give details for EP. In fact, in your EP contract you signed you agreed to never talk about it.

Be a bit careful yeah?

Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 11:30 Quote
sherbet wrote:
clindblomenduro wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:

It's considered very poor manners to give details for EP. In fact, in your EP contract you signed you agreed to never talk about it.

Be a bit careful yeah?

^^^^

Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 11:32 Quote
Transition are the boys. Not only did I get a nice deal on my sentinel, it's also honestly the best bike I've ever owned. It's about time I moved it on in order to stay on the fresh bike gravy train, but I just can't bring myself to part with the thing, it's too bloody good.

O+
Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 12:40 Quote
sherbet wrote:
clindblomenduro wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:

Be a bit careful yeah?

Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 14:09 Quote
nubbs wrote:
sherbet wrote:
clindblomenduro wrote:

Be a bit careful yeah?

Cove still do the 69% off?

Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 14:34 Quote
Best part about Transition is the answering machine. Those dudes are dang silly.

Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 21:21 Quote
Transition's bikes are far more expensive than the other brands we carry, and more than most brands I've carried in the past at other jobs, and they're worth every penny. On my third one. Whenever I'm lured in to a lesser brand by better pricing I end up going right back to transition. They just click with me.
If they still made a good steel hardtail my stable would probably be all Transitions.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019103
Mobile Version of Website