You know you work in a bikeshop when...

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
You know you work in a bikeshop when...
Author Message
Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 14:17 Quote
orangepatriot66 wrote:
You know you work in a bike shop when you're boss starts complaining that you've never had a full pay cheque.

You know you work in a bike shop when you're jeans have permanant black muck patches on them.

You know you work in a bike shop when you're friends get you to fix things when out riding.

When you keep seeing bikes out on the trail and are able to say "I built that bike"

haha at the 3rd 1 XD

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 15:37 Quote
orangepatriot66 wrote:
When you find out of date repair tags on your bed-side table.

haha iv got the little tags from the bottom of the tickets in my jeans.

does anyone else find themselfs making ghetto fixxes on ther bike?

i made a chainguide today!

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 15:48 Quote
constantly have cuts on ur knuckles from trying to get of seized parts

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 15:59 Quote
orangepatriot66 wrote:
You know you work in a bike shop when you're boss starts complaining that you've never had a full pay cheque.

You know you work in a bike shop when you're jeans have permanant black muck patches on them.

You know you work in a bike shop when you're friends get you to fix things when out riding.

When you keep seeing bikes out on the trail and are able to say "I built that bike"

haha. iv got a permanent oil mark from an x type crankset that i pushed out with my sleeve! perfectly shaped

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 16:13 Quote
When you rip off your customers & take advantage of their skills & effort. Most of guys do not know what the hell they are talking about, make false promises & go back on thier word. A-HOLES.

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 16:28 Quote
^^^it might be time to find a new bike shop^^^

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 16:33 Quote
photoguy9 wrote:
^^^it might be time to find a new bike shop^^^

2168919

2168919

2196514

2196514

I made them these features & they said they would take $20 off of a $159 helmet that they already quoted me $80. I made the feature(s) before payment so I guess my bad, HUH?

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 16:36 Quote
Toll wrote:
When you rip off your customers & take advantage of their skills & effort. Most of guys do not know what the hell they are talking about, make false promises & go back on thier word. A-HOLES.

It's not our fault you deal with a*sholes... bikeshops in my town, 99% of the time are awesome. BACK ON TOPIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


When you look at the price of a bike part in a catalog, you automatically cut it at lease in half, so everything is not as ridiculously expensive anymore... lol Razz

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 16:53 Quote
you know you work in a bike shop when the words "i'll have you fixing hooligans so fast..." strikes fear into your soul...

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 16:56 Quote
When you find those little orange stickers from the Shimano front derailleurs EVERYWHERE.

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 17:10 Quote
toontownrider wrote:
When you find those little orange stickers from the Shimano front derailleurs EVERYWHERE.

Haha those things are a pain the ass.

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 17:16 Quote
lol lol , this thread is a joke, in a good way! I dont think I have a good phrase so Il just watch on my screen.

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 17:19 Quote
when you only look into purchasing bikes that you sell at your shop because they are all that you can afford

Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 3:25 Quote
RockyMountainPride wrote:
toontownrider wrote:
When you find those little orange stickers from the Shimano front derailleurs EVERYWHERE.

Haha those things are a pain the ass.
we made a wall of them! we saw it in the fisher catalogue so decided to do one of our own!

Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 3:28 Quote
bradownie wrote:
I've begun to compile a list for "You know you work in a bike shop when" Razz


You know you work in a bike shop when:

You constantly find valve caps all over your house.
You make no money, but you have a really nice bike.

You really hate 60lb electric bikes.
You want to murder the CEO of Supercycle.
A 12 year old hangs up on you every time you say "No we don't sell insert brand name here (usually Kona and Norco)>"
You question the sexuality of at least one other mechanic.
You get to go to work every day.
You spend your days off at work.
You've faced a bottom bracket at least twice.


Feel free to add your own.


you got me there:P


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016268
Mobile Version of Website