Your Police Encounters...

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Your Police Encounters...
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 at 13:58 Quote
I'll start...

Last year a couple friends and I were riding a warehouse loading dock. It was pretty sweet, the cement was perfect and surrounding it there were a couple really good banks. We were riding there for about two hours... when two cops in there cars pulled up. One of my friends booked it behind the warehouse, hid his bike in the bush and hid under neath a staircase. My other friend and I stayed behind and talked to the police. They explained that it was private property, which of course we already knew, and that we would need to leave or they would take our bikes. They left, my friend came out of hiding, and we filmed for a couple more minutes, then we left.

All in all it was pretty funny. Probably doesn't compare to a lot of other's stories. So post em' up!

P.S: Don't insult the police or anything, as they are most of the time just doing they're job.

Post away!

Posted: Jun 19, 2008 at 14:15 Quote
one time me and some buddies seen a few skaters get pulled over just down the street from where we were riding, so i got an idea to sit on my bars facing backwards and ride by them. anyways once the cop saw me, he immediateley yelled out his window and pulled me over he gae me a big lecture on how im not even supposed to be riding at night let alone backwards to oncoming traffic, then he told me to walk my bike home and put reflectors on and being the rebel that i am, i kept riding instead.Smile not the greatest but whatevr

Posted: Jun 19, 2008 at 14:20 Quote
ok there were these churches side by side and it was sunday night, one was empty the other was packed with people the church with the people at iot was the one i was planning to ride. SO i go park my car in the empty churches parking lot and wait foir the people at the church to leave, then a police car pulls in beside me with there windshield down so i roll mine down, the police offier asks what im doing i say nothing then she asks if im waiting for someone and i said no and immediatly after i roll up my windshield and the police car pulls up beside me and just parks there...i wait 20 minutes and the cop car was still there right beside me then i leave...overall it was a waste of time and thanks to the cops i never got to ride...

Posted: Jun 19, 2008 at 16:30 Quote
I don't have any stories because I live on an acreage and don't get to go ride street much. I guess that's a good thing I haven't had any police encounters though.

Posted: Jun 19, 2008 at 18:59 Quote
FTW.. this one time i was riding and this cop was like hey you! and im like yeah? and he's like..nice bike...and im like thanks!

Posted: Jun 19, 2008 at 19:16 Quote
My friend's dad is a cop, but in another city (I live in the suburbs) and every time he sees me riding he reads off a list of stuff he could apparently ticket me for (No Bell/Lights/Reflectors/ that crap) and told me that if he ever catches me riding while he's on duty he'll ticket me for like 200 dollars or whatever it all adds up to.
Also, I had a cop almost stop me when I was riding carrying my potato gun (Pvc compressed air gun, 4ft long with a 2 inch diameter barrel), but he got a call or something at the last minute and drove off.

Posted: Jun 19, 2008 at 19:22 Quote
pleaze use the search, there is already a thread for this.

Posted: Jun 19, 2008 at 19:24 Quote
Me and my friends were riding these two banks (sort of like a half pipe) behind a warehouse and a cop pulls in really fast. The guy was pretty young. He asked us what we were doing and we said we were just riding and my friend went and did a 3 off the bank. The cop was like maybe I'll come back and hit that with my cruiser or something like that. Anyway he left and we didn't get kicked out.

On another story I was riding with my two other friends and we found this bank surrounded by barb wire fence. We pulled the wire down and jumped it. We started riding it and then some guy which was the owner of the factory/warehouse pulls in right after my friend puts away his wire cutters (we cut the fence and wire a bit). We pretty much go kicked out but we didnt get booked for the fence.

Posted: Jun 19, 2008 at 19:27 Quote
jeff-hurd wrote:
We're aware of that. The other thread is in a specific forum, not a general forum so we put one in the BMX forum.
Please use the search Smile ......Whip

Posted: Jun 19, 2008 at 19:33 Quote
SeanPollock wrote:
jeff-hurd wrote:
We're aware of that. The other thread is in a specific forum, not a general forum so we put one in the BMX forum.
its all about the same topic, no matter ware the forum is, your asking the same thing as the other forum and getting the same kind of stories, im just saying this is pointless making another forum, and getting the same responses.

Posted: Jun 19, 2008 at 19:39 Quote
jeff-hurd wrote:
SeanPollock wrote:
jeff-hurd wrote:
its all about the same topic, no matter ware the forum is, your asking the same thing as the other forum and getting the same kind of stories, im just saying this is pointless making another forum, and getting the same responses.
aye, but if it's in mtb forums there will be too much "i was building a sweet shore trail and the cops busted me and made me take it down" type thing

Posted: Jun 19, 2008 at 20:09 Quote
i've never really had a problem with cops...a couple fines for no light on my bikes but thats about it...the cops are pretty chill in my area...if people call the cops for tresspassing they usually side with us

Posted: Jun 19, 2008 at 20:25 Quote
I've had lots of security encounters but only one cop i believe. Was hitting some shady dirt jumps (its calgary so they were really shady, kids complain because i made the lip to vertRolleyes ) But ya 2 cops came and cornered us in, but we found a way out and they started chasing us, but we lost them in a nearby neighborhood.

I can't believe we lost them so easily lol

Posted: Jun 19, 2008 at 21:54 Quote
jeff-hurd wrote:

maybe we want to be in our own forum theres to many MTB'S coming into bmx lately

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 0:49 Quote
I have never had a bad cop experience riding before. I think one of my favourite ones was when some lady was screaming at us cause we were riding a bank behind a building with no helmets and crap so she called the cops he came by and sked what was going on so we just told him we were riding and he asked to see we seshed for a bit then came back to the car and he told us to just make as if we were getting in shit and arguing so that the lady would be happy and he said goodbye went and told the lady it was taken care of and we kept riding

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012761
Mobile Version of Website