Kona Cowan or a Santa Cruz jackal ?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Kona Cowan or a Santa Cruz jackal ?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 14:14 Quote
Hey! i just wonder some things im deciding between the Santa Cruz Jackal and the Kona Cowan and i can't choose wich one i'm going to buy. and i wonder one more thing i saw the santa cruz jackal in a store in Canada and the bike there had both hydraulic breakes and dirtjumper 2 and when i saw it now on the internet i just se all with mechanical breakes and dirtjumper 3:/ is it because its wrong on the website or is it because they had maybe put that on in the store in canada?
Got one more thing to ask thoose who have a santa cruuz jackal.. how do you like the bike overall? any good quality, is it something to go fore ?
thanks

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 14:19 Quote
jackal for sure. I have a bassically same frame as the cowan (stuff), and its alright, if your running ss. and I also have a jackal, with a not a very good build and like it more.

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 14:30 Quote
kona cowan for sure no contest at all!!!!

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 14:36 Quote
just as you know im going to buy dirtjumper 2 forks and hydraulic breakes to the santa cruz jackal if i buy it so.

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 14:41 Quote
jackal for sure

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 14:47 Quote
It would be alot cheaper to buy a Cowan instead of buying a Jackal and putting new parts on it,but if moneys not an issue, yea i would recommend a Jackal.

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 14:49 Quote
the money is no problem. i just want to get some comments from other and see what they think. but i really like the frame on the jackal more then the cowan.

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 15:36 Quote
Definetly Kona Cowan far better looks nicer as well!!

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 15:40 Quote
go with the jackal the fram it a stonger and better for street and better for tricks and it is just cool
2008 or 2007

Posted: Jun 24, 2008 at 18:41 Quote
THE KONA COWAN ALL THE WAY MANJoker

Posted: Jun 24, 2008 at 18:47 Quote
well just saying jackal or cowan does not really tell him what is a better choice, i have ridden the jackal (built for dh) but not the cowan. the geometry felt pretty good, and it can be built for anything.

Posted: Jun 24, 2008 at 18:54 Quote
to me this is a stupid thread because you can build up a jackal with the parts you like and the frame is way stronger and way better geo... the cowan has crapy geo and may have parts you dont like on it.... the only kona i would ever buy is the shonky.... JACKAL ALL THE WAY.... I dont know why anyone would say cowan(probably the only people that would say the cowan are people with a crappy kona...) that is what i think....2 cents

Posted: Jun 24, 2008 at 18:59 Quote
catznoble wrote:
to me this is a stupid thread because you can build up a jackal with the parts you like and the frame is way stronger and way better geo... the cowan has crapy geo and may have parts you dont like on it.... the only kona i would ever buy is the shonky.... JACKAL ALL THE WAY.... I dont know why anyone would say cowan(probably the only people that would say the cowan are people with a crappy kona...) that is what i think....2 cents

i agree, theres so many of these which is better threads, i seen one the other day called blk mrkt .357 or kona shred. come on people!

Posted: Jun 24, 2008 at 19:08 Quote
why would anyone every buy a cowan??...theres literally nothing good about them....they have shit for geometry..shit for components..and its heavy as balls...it an all around bad bike....this is not saying the jackal is the best but it is far better because you can build it how you like

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008158
Mobile Version of Website