Whats wrong with front brakes?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Whats wrong with front brakes?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 23, 2008 at 2:31 Quote
hey guys i just wanted to now y so many people hate front brakes i think there fine

Posted: Jun 23, 2008 at 2:36 Quote
Often street riders and dirt jumpers just don't need them, simple as that.

They add weight, and can get in the way for barspins/tailwhips.

Plus they're just not cool Wink

Posted: Jun 23, 2008 at 2:43 Quote
kendall07 wrote:
Often street riders and dirt jumpers just don't need them, simple as that.

They add weight, and can get in the way for barspins/tailwhips.

Plus they're just not cool Wink
i run front barkes i do barspins they never get in the way

Posted: Jun 23, 2008 at 2:49 Quote
Because dirt/street mtb (a lot of them) copy bmx trends, even the most minuscule details - of course (as you just said) it doesn't get in the way, you can run the cable through a hollow stem bolt.

Posted: Jun 23, 2008 at 2:51 Quote
1969 wrote:
Because dirt/street mtb (a lot of them) copy bmx trends, even the most minuscule details - of course (as you just said) it doesn't get in the way, you can run the cable through a hollow stem bolt.
well thats wat i did. i just got new forkss and still waiting for the star nut

Posted: Jun 23, 2008 at 2:52 Quote
surely starting a new thread about something that been discussed in detail many times before, and adding a title with the worst spelling i have ever seen is a bit unnecessary?

Posted: Jun 30, 2008 at 3:32 Quote
dirtjumpur wrote:
surely starting a new thread about something that been discussed in detail many times before, and adding a title with the worst spelling i have ever seen is a bit unnecessary?
lol, true
as i said to you so many times my throat was sore, you have a foot, use it
front brakes add unnecessary weight and clutter your bars, its easy to control footjams once you get used to them, if not thats why you learn no foot cans Razz
i did a 2m long stoppie using just my foot going at a jogging pace, and ive never seen you use your front brake for anything else other than stoppies

Posted: Jun 30, 2008 at 3:41 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
dirtjumpur wrote:
lol, true
front brakes add unnecessary weight and clutter your bars, its easy to control footjams once you get used to them, if not thats why you learn no foot cans Razz
i did a 2m long stoppie using just my foot going at a jogging pace, and ive never seen you use your front brake for anything else other than stoppies
yer and i did like a 25 metter nose wheelie with front brakes

Posted: Jun 30, 2008 at 3:48 Quote
1969 wrote:

So it couldn't be a personal preferance?

If there is evidence that some people make changes to their bikes in accordance with following BMX trends, then we can conclude that all people who make those same changes do it for the same reason? Right?

Predjudice much?

Posted: Jun 30, 2008 at 3:49 Quote
1969 wrote:

Getting rid of front brakes is not really a trend in bmx(I bmx), but they weren't really need at all. Most people don't do front wheel type tricks that require brakes any more. So why have the extra weight when you won't be even using them? Most trick on the front wheel are foot jams and like nose manuals where front brakes aren't needed. Also, wat and wiff are not words. It's what, and with.

Edit: Also it is personal preference, which most prefer to not run them.

Posted: Jun 30, 2008 at 3:52 Quote
the front brake provides huge stopping power. If you don't need huge stoping power, you dont need a front brake. Simple.

Posted: Jun 30, 2008 at 10:47 Quote
they flip you if you squeeze to hard and keep it simple is a good rule to follow

Posted: Jun 30, 2008 at 19:22 Quote
ayrton88 wrote:
norcorulz wrote:
dirtjumpur wrote:
lol, true
yer and i did like a 25 metter nose wheelie with front brakes
just said you can control a footjam easily, and that wasnt 25 metres, more like 10
that would be like flipping the jaw drop and you doing a nose wheelie all the way down

Posted: Jun 30, 2008 at 19:29 Quote
Nobody hates front brakes. Theyre just not needed. My first bmx came with front brakes and not once did I ever use them. When my back brake pads wore out I put the front pads on the rear haha, that's when I decided to just remove the front brake.

Posted: Jun 30, 2008 at 19:30 Quote
1969 wrote:

Pretty much, I wish I was as cool as those rad BMXers.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010750
Mobile Version of Website