2008 SIlverroxx Festival at Silver Mountain Resort 3 Races

PB Forum :: Downhill
2008 SIlverroxx Festival at Silver Mountain Resort 3 Races
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 24, 2008 at 13:34 Quote
photo

Silver Roxx is Silver Mountain Resort’s premiere mountain bike festival. This is a once a year event revolving around downhill mountain biking, with 3 main races and live music this is worth driving for. This event is made possible by using the world longest single stage gondola to access our fast growing trail system with close to 3,000 feet of vertical and miles of downhill single track to challenge any ability. Please help up make the sixth year of this event the most successful. Here is a run down of the events

Here is a link to the main info page.
http://www.silvermt.com/ActivitiesAndEvents/default.aspx?page=Silveroxx_08

photo

JAM SESSION

(Saturday)

The “Jam” session is a fun and unique approach to downhill racing, giving you the opportunity to take as many timed runs as you can in a four hour period. This event takes place on the “Jackass” trail, an amazingly fast and fun ripper of a trail that is suitable for all abilities. With berms, jumps, off camber sections, and smoking wide open sprints this trail is a local favorite, but we’ve made it better by opening chair 3 for this event. So now you can ride the chairlift back to the top without having to ride all the way to town. Quick times will be around 2.5 minutes

SUPER DOWNHILL

(Saturday Afternoon)

The “Super-D” is the event for people who want a little uphill in their downhill. This event begins with a Le Mans start where competitors run en mass to their bikes and then straight into the first climb. After passing the mountain house riders will begin a blazing fire road downhill, and then into a mix of climbs and descents with some technical sections, jumps, and berms thrown in for good measure. There will be plenty of room for passing, which will happen a lot, as this event uses a mix of single track and dirt road. An “All Mountain” bike will do very well in this event but anything will work, last years fastest time in this event was almost seventeen minutes.

ENDURO

(Sunday)

This is Silver Mountain Resort’s signature mountain bike event, with miles of hand and machine tuned single track including many new sections, the course descends close to 3,000 vertical feet from the mountain house all the way to the valley floor. This is where the sheer size of our gondola serviced terrain really shines, with the very fastest pro men barely touching the fourteen minute mark. The trails here are constantly growing and changing, and there will be many new additions to our trails by the time of this event, stand assured this event will be a challenge for every rider. Competitors will have one run to give it their all. When was the last time you got close to 3,000 feet of vertical in one continuous downhill run?

photo

General SilverRoxx Info:

Friday, July 18

Spaghetti Feed & Registration from 6-8 p.m.

Saturday, July 19

Gondola Upload 7:00 a.m.

Registration 7-8 a.m.

Required Competitors Meeting for Jam Session @ Mt. Haus 8:45 a.m.

Jam Session 9 a.m.-1 p.m.

Required Competitors Meeting for Super D @ the Junction Saddle 2:45 a.m.

Super D with L Start @ 3:00 p.m.

Music in the Village 6-9 p.m.

Sunday, July 20

Gondola Upload 7:00 a.m.

Registration 7-8 a.m.

Required Competitors Meeting @ Mt. Haus 9:45 a.m.

Enduro Downhill Race @ 10:00 a.m.

Awards Ceremony in the Gondola Village, 1 hour after last competitor finishes (Tentatively at 2:00 p.m.)

Price Structure:

On-line/ Advance mail registration:

$30 per race / All races $80

Friday

$35 per race / All races $90

Day of Registration both Saturday & Sunday

$35 per race/ All races $90 + Additional late registration fee of $20

All registration will take place in the village...in the season ticket office.

Please check out our website to get a look at our amazing venue.

http://www.silvermt.com/ActivitiesAndEvents/default.aspx?page=Silveroxx_08

photo

photo

Posted: Jun 24, 2008 at 13:49 Quote
Who's comming with me?

Posted: Jun 24, 2008 at 14:01 Quote
And we have added a Photo contest to the event as well. There will be prizes for the best photos of Silverroxx, so bring those soul stealing picture takers.

Posted: Jun 24, 2008 at 16:57 Quote
im coming. im only doing the jam session and enduro though.

O+
Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 10:34 Quote
I am coming!!!

EDIT: But is it possible to do all 3 races competively?
or would it just be to much?
I am for sure doing the jam session and the endero.
but if I could fit the super D in there too that would be sweet.

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 10:36 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
I am coming!!!

But is it possible to do all 3 races? or would it just be to much?

haha it probably is possible. but its going to be tiring as hell.

O+
Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 10:38 Quote
shawndogger wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
I am coming!!!

But is it possible to do all 3 races? or would it just be to much?

haha it probably is possible. but its going to be tiring as hell.

Dude I throw it down running XC races I know what its like to hurt in the middle of a race. It would be hard but I am thinking I am going to do all of them. Whip

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 17:44 Quote
Right Now I have around $5,000 worth of prizes from, Jack Daniels, Oakley, Titec, Sombrio, Dakine, MRP, Obtainium Performance Products, Twenty6, Kore, Specialized, FSA, Nema Clothing, Wheel Sport East, and $500 cash from Jack Daniels. I am expecting more sponsors to join in the next couple of weeks, and this doesn't include the lift tickets, passes and large amount of cash that Silver Mountain Resort is kicking in.

O+
Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 18:16 Quote
yea it sounds like it is going to be a sick few days of riding!!!

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 22:59 Quote
im coming to watch... its going to be sweet this year.

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 at 10:37 Quote
ya i cant wait its gonna be so much fun and that helmet that they were giving away was sooo sick!

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 at 10:42 Quote
what other prizes are they going to have?

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 at 10:49 Quote
idk other than the helmet it just showed up that day i think and willy showed it to me and nick it was so light it was carbon

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016211
Mobile Version of Website