Commencal Supreme DH

PB Forum :: Downhill
Commencal Supreme DH
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 8:18 Quote
need a little advice from you Supreme DH owners. im about to purchase one and i am not sure what size to get, sm/med or l/xl. im 6'so thinking the l/xl but i dont want the frame to feel too big. what size frames have you got and how tall are you.

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 8:20 Quote
I don't own one but, I would def go for a large. You'll appreciate it once you start riding it a lot.

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 9:26 Quote
keemo888 wrote:
need a little advice from you Supreme DH owners. im about to purchase one and i am not sure what size to get, sm/med or l/xl. im 6'so thinking the l/xl but i dont want the frame to feel too big. what size frames have you got and how tall are you.

that will be fine, the l/xl is good for those 5'11" and over

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 9:53 Quote
If you are in between frame sizes, and you are going to race the bike, go with the smaller of the two.

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 10:01 Quote
dhpig wrote:
If you are in between frame sizes, and you are going to race the bike, go with the smaller of the two.

Not always the best advice. Just look at Sam Hill. His bikes are custom, cause they are mostly a medium, but the measurements make it out to be a large. And he's not a big guy.

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 4:37 Quote
nlitworld wrote:
dhpig wrote:

Not always the best advice. Just look at Sam Hill. His bikes are custom, cause they are mostly a medium, but the measurements make it out to be a large. And he's not a big guy.

Sam Hill is a bad example.....he is a 1 in a million type of rider. Look what pro racers ride on average. Also, you must take into account both the type of riding and the terrain that you will be riding. If you like to huck your bike around in steep rock gardens and drops, you will wish for a smaller bike.

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 4:51 Quote
dhpig wrote:
nlitworld wrote:
dhpig wrote:

Sam Hill is a bad example.....he is a 1 in a million type of rider. Look what pro racers ride on average. Also, you must take into account both the type of riding and the terrain that you will be riding. If you like to huck your bike around in steep rock gardens and drops, you will wish for a smaller bike.

does anyone from the UK know of any Commencal dealers where i can get my legover one. i recently bought a santa cruz bullit in medium with out trying it out, big mistake, i hate it.

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 5:07 Quote
keemo888 wrote:
dhpig wrote:
nlitworld wrote:

does anyone from the UK know of any Commencal dealers where i can get my legover one. i recently bought a santa cruz bullit in medium with out trying it out, big mistake, i hate it.

Glasgow Cycles (Craig McMartains) in Pollockshaws just along from crossmyloof station, http://www.glasgowcycles.co.uk/Forum/index.php?www post there asking for a demo and im sure they will sort you out on one soon Big Grin

As for the size im around 5'8 and ive got the small/med i know loads of taller people who ride the same size, ive found its alot to do with how you set the bike up aswell but post there and theyll sort you out.

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 5:16 Quote
the small is quite small and the large is more normal i.e normal large but a small small if you get me??

i have sat on both and i went for the small because i like small bikes, although the large would probably fit better...

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 23:49 Quote
benji333 wrote:
the small is quite small and the large is more normal i.e normal large but a small small if you get me??

i have sat on both and i went for the small because i like small bikes, although the large would probably fit better...

how tall are you??

Posted: Jun 27, 2008 at 2:28 Quote
Yeah only place I know of is Craig Mcmartins i have the 07 supreme in a medium and im 6'1 I much prefer it in that size to large as it feels slightly to long but again thats really just my personal preference

Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 10:23 Quote
i'm 6'0-6'1 and i ride a large and couldn't be happier.

Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 10:25 Quote
I'd go for the large personally and im the same height

Posted: Jun 25, 2010 at 7:18 Quote
I am 6'2" and have a large Supreme dh. I would definantly go with a large cause i tried a med and the cockpit was way too cramed feeling.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014158
Mobile Version of Website