Aline vs Banshee scream

PB Forum :: Downhill
Aline vs Banshee scream
Previous Page |
Posted: Oct 18, 2007 at 15:35 Quote
i think the sream looks way too much like a souped up hard tail......if u want a really bike go with they a line what do u think

Posted: Oct 18, 2007 at 15:36 Quote
I have a scream and Tested the Aline Park.
My scream is 10X better. For me anyways.

Posted: Oct 18, 2007 at 16:03 Quote
Having never owned an A-line or even ridden one it's hard to say. But I do own a Scream and they are much more than a souped up hardtail.....or maybe they are. My one in it's current build is certainly no lightweight but shit it flys and it'll get you through anything and it seems to pedal well too. The amount of times I've fallen totally short and had big arse casings and ridden away from them is too many to count, it always seems to save my arse!! They are hell strong and just love punishment the more the better infact. I've owned mine for almost 2 years have raced it hucked it crashed it thrashed it in every kind of weather and still am yet to do any of the bearings or pivot points as they're still mint as. If the A-line can do all of this and do it better without failing then it makes for a hard decision. But as far as the Scream's go they are a fantastic rig just make sure you have a FOX 5.0 in the rear, the swinger just didn't seem to cut it

And it's really easy to do big ass wheelies on tup

Posted: Oct 23, 2007 at 9:43 Quote
the scream blows i know it the aline is better no contest if we were talking freefrider the sream is better but were not im talking dh the aline is better

Posted: Oct 23, 2007 at 9:52 Quote
scream is shit !!!!!!!!!!!! my friend have got this crap and this is whorst fs frame ever. heavy and ugly Whip go to a-line ! !tup

Posted: Oct 23, 2007 at 10:10 Quote
amadi wrote:
scream is shit !!!!!!!!!!!! my friend have got this crap and this is whorst fs frame ever. Long(121mm wheelbase with 200mm fork, but producer says 114mm), heavy and ugly Whip go to a-line ! !tup

The scream is the beefd up version off the 05 stinky's.They maybe damm ugly but they are increable strong and won't break.But the Aline has a better suspension design and they look nicer.I'd say go for the aline they are better and ride nicer.

Posted: Oct 24, 2007 at 9:23 Quote
i forgot to say the link is hiting a seatpost.

Posted: Oct 24, 2007 at 9:30 Quote
Banshee all the way!!!

Posted: Oct 25, 2007 at 15:32 Quote
people have said the banshee is heavy but a-lines are like 47lbs so they ain't light, and they are noisy f*ckers too! they are good though and the spec is decent

Posted: Oct 30, 2007 at 12:48 Quote
dude, get an a-line. my freind has one, and yes, its a beast, but they are amazing bikes to ride. i love his. but if your gonna be doing more jumping, then the banshee. but the A-line kicks butt for anything DH, hardcore freeride and massive drops.

Posted: Oct 30, 2007 at 20:54 Quote
[Quote="trekrules"]They maybe damm ugly but they are increable strong andwon't break.[Quote]

Not true. I have broken 3 of them now. They do hold up better then the A-line but they will break. Everything will break, it depends on how much punishment yo put it through.

Posted: Oct 30, 2007 at 21:05 Quote
well this is a useless descussion b/c everyone who owens a banshee will say theyre better and vice versas for norcos

but banshees could handle more punishment
and for weight then u need to lift a reel banshee cuz they really arent that heavy

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 6:38 Quote
I do not own a banshee, and I said I like them over A-lines

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 9:24 Quote
bansheeair do you have pictures of any of these broken frames? I'm not calling you a liar but that seems like alot of broken screams, obviously your doing some insane freeride on them but what actually caused them to break? I'm interested because I'm a big guy and I bought the banshee because it was the strongest bike I could find so I find it interesting you have three broken frames.

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 9:45 Quote
I am not giving an opinion on which bike is better, but just to add to the discussion:
I have a friend that broke a Banshee Scream frame. He was about 190 lbs. and did it off a 3' vert, 8' horiz, drop/jump to flat. (I think it broke around the lower pivot point.) Banshee replaced the frame by warranty through the LBS.

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013883
Mobile Version of Website