Aline vs Banshee scream

PB Forum :: Downhill
Aline vs Banshee scream
Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 11:06 Quote
photo

That was my old ride, it was great, but limited. It was just under 54 pounds with what you see there. The frames are very strong, but can break. I'm 250 pounds and landed on the end of a concrete retaining wall. I broke the upper pivot and a small crack appeared near the lower shock mount. Banshee replaced it no questions asked and I was out again on it a week later. The Banshee is great at freeride and slow speed situations but cannot handle fast open DH. I know some will disagree but meh. Ive only ridden the 2006 A line and didn't like it, geo was off for me, front fork was like vertical. But, this years park edition is a sick looking bike.

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 17:14 Quote
See. Now heres where i disagree.
Not to diss you or anything Wilson4.
My 06 scream Handles freeride Very well. (like said)

Now.
Slow speed Situations my bike handles everything well(easily as good as any bike i have ever tried/owned)

But high speed situations are THE SHIT. it feels very stable and handles very well,
in the air or on the ground.

mine is set up with a DHX 5.0 in the 8 inch position and a Boxxer WC that is also 8 inch. mine has a high rise Diablous stem if any of that contributes. but i could not be happier with my scream over my 05 a-line.

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 19:32 Quote
No worries, I just didn't like the feel at high speed and that could be completely me (which it is). I don't know if I couldn't set it up or just my build, 26/24 or something else. Mine was an 05' Bender Edition I always had it in 8 (DHX 5) in the back and had an 8in 2005 888rc up front I'd still say take the Scream over the A-line. I do miss it, such an easy bike to manual.

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 21:05 Quote
littlemountaindj wrote:
well this is a useless descussion b/c everyone who owens a banshee will say theyre better and vice versas for norcos

but banshees could handle more punishment
and for weight then u need to lift a reel banshee cuz they really arent that heavy

NOT TRUE i own a norco six and norco suspension sucks my dick the fsr they stole from specialized just doesnt cut it with how they seti t up. i meen its alright and banshees is shittier but the banshee could deff hold up through more.

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 21:55 Quote
Wilson4.
im not gonna lie to ya.
mine felt like shit when it had the 26/24 setup.
most fullies do i find.
but yea im so happy with mine. check my album

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 16:03 Quote
Its simple. Banshee Looks 100000000000x better. A-Line is 100000000000x better for dh!

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 13:15 Quote
hey.
I have a A-Line and it is AMAZING!!!
I love it. I think it just comes down to The banshee is better for more freeride based riding and the A-Line is just a way better downhiller.
Based on my ride experiece on mine...
it is a way heavy bike. It is VERY forgiving though if you screw up a jump.
its pretty sweet looking too. mines a 2005 all black marzocchi bombers and a DHX 3.0. its really sweet.

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 18:27 Quote
dylan1357 wrote:
i think the sream looks way too much like a souped up hard tail......if u want a really bike go with they a line what do u think

What sort of riding do you do?

If you're more into DH, get the Aline, if you want to huck off buildings, get the scream. The Aline has a horst link FSR design. It's proven to work well under braking and heavy pedaling. The Scream does no. The Aline has a slacker head angle and weighs less than the Scream. Though, if you just want to huck stuff, the scream is better. The travel is more progressive, from what I've heard, than the Aline.

So yeah, you gotta think about what ya do.

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 1:45 Quote
Is there a point to this thread- other than picking two randomn bikes, comparing them, and getting everyone to fight over which one is better?

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 9:26 Quote
There's no need for a fight, this can be civil.

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 15:03 Quote
I have a large 2007 Scream with a Travis Triple and a fairly stock build, it weighs in at around 43lbs. The Scream is not as heavy as lot of bikes in it's class. The suspension design is great for pedaling, plus it is super stiff and durable for lots of abuse.

The other thing the Scream has is an adjustable wheelbase, you actually have 3 positions to put the rear axle in and then you just have to adjust the position of the brake caliper(also 3 pre-set positions). With the adjustable wheelbase, you can change the riding characteristics of the bike.

Posted: Dec 21, 2007 at 6:52 Quote
norco all the way there frames are made to last and are not to heavy also they look sick

Posted: Dec 21, 2007 at 19:29 Quote
dylan1357 wrote:
norco all the way there frames are made to last and are not to heavy also they look sick

They're pretty beefy, bud.

Posted: Apr 30, 2008 at 13:44 Quote
dylan1357 wrote:

Not too heavy?

Posted: Apr 30, 2008 at 14:13 Quote
way to drag up an old thread

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016065
Mobile Version of Website