blown seals, broken fork bolt major help needed

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
blown seals, broken fork bolt major help needed
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 27, 2008 at 19:45 Quote
after all this, i find it really weird that no one mentioned what i did. anyways if you have a stripped fork bolt, and dont want to pay marzocchi to fix it,, heres what i did.

1) I scewed out the top cap on the RC2 side
2) I removed the top cap buy taking out the c-clip, washer, and seal. slide the top cap out and placed it aside
3) unbolted the stanchion, and slide it out.
4) Unscrewed the pusher from the preload pin to allow the spring to move up and down, allowing it to get out of the way when time to remove the seal.
5) slide spring up the dampner assembly
6) Removed old seals with a screw driver, and slide them over the dampner and spring assembly and discarded them
7) Used dentist tools to remove the stop ring, then a screw driver for the "lower seal" or inner seal.
Cool replaced the inner seal with a new one, pressed it in with my fingers.
9) Replaced the stop ring using dentest tools once again.
10) Slide the dust seal from the top of the stanchion down to the middle, then inserted stanchion back into the lowers.
11) Pressed seal in with my fingers
12) since the dampner was in the way, i slide a peice of pcv pipe, with a larger diameter of the stanchions over the stanchions untill it reached the dust seal. tapped with hand, wrench, hammer, what ever you feel, to press the seal into place.
13) re-assembled everything

Now many people may think this method is highly un-proffessional, but it is the only way to replace a seal with a stripped forknut which wont come out. Both legs hold oil nicely now, and have been in a great working condition.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012712
Mobile Version of Website