Post pix of your Nomad

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Post pix of your Nomad
Posted: Aug 13, 2012 at 2:31 Quote
Latest update: Out goes the KS i950 and in comes the KS LEV!

photo

Loving the neat, cable routing!

Posted: Aug 13, 2012 at 14:00 Quote
photo

Yea, I cut the chode stem after this pic.

Posted: Aug 16, 2012 at 5:47 Quote
what tubeless tire nomad boys use on wet rock/roots ?

Posted: Aug 16, 2012 at 5:53 Quote
bumblebeezack wrote:
Latest update: Out goes the KS i950 and in comes the KS LEV!

photo

Loving the neat, cable routing!
So tidy, very nice indeed..

Posted: Aug 16, 2012 at 8:36 Quote
tingmax wrote:
Hans dampf's with snake walls,solid and dependable with low psi. Live in the uk so every ride has wet roots/rocks n mud. Very impressed with their climbing ability.

Posted: Aug 16, 2012 at 11:03 Quote
thanks mity1 for your review..

Posted: Aug 17, 2012 at 0:36 Quote
tingmax wrote:
thanks mity1 for your review..
If you go with them be aware they come in two diff' compounds,put the harder of the two on the back to increase wear times.

Posted: Aug 20, 2012 at 21:46 Quote
Need some advice on the tune for a 2012 RP23 adaptive logic (for my warranty Nomad MKII)

SC advises:
Low Rebound
Low Compression
175 psi boost valve

But a buddy has a med/med/175 that I can have dirt cheap from his Blur. I know one day i'll get the push'd link with an rc4 but i'm looking save some $ right now.

What can I expect from the different tune? Will there be enough noticeable difference to avoid it outright? Thanks!

Posted: Aug 20, 2012 at 23:51 Quote
hurtinunit wrote:
Need some advice on the tune for a 2012 RP23 adaptive logic (for my warranty Nomad MKII)

SC advises:
Low Rebound
Low Compression
175 psi boost valve

But a buddy has a med/med/175 that I can have dirt cheap from his Blur. I know one day i'll get the push'd link with an rc4 but i'm looking save some $ right now.

What can I expect from the different tune? Will there be enough noticeable difference to avoid it outright? Thanks!
Two diff' size shocks.

O+
Posted: Aug 21, 2012 at 0:51 Quote
minty1 wrote:
tingmax wrote:
Hans dampf's with snake walls,solid and dependable with low psi. Live in the uk so every ride has wet roots/rocks n mud. Very impressed with their climbing ability.

Got the Hans Dampf's 3 weeks ago. Used them tubeless, on UST rims with Stans sealant.
They were great. Just not for sharp rocky stuff. Would never ever use them again on alpine terrain. Got 2 big holes in the rear (middle and sidewall) and one in front (middle). They were too big for the sealant to fix them and the sidewall hole in the rear was to near to the bed and haven't been able to fix it. If you only ride in the woods and don't encounter sharp big rocks at high speeds, then this tire is great. For the alps, I'm staying with Maxxis UST stuff.

Posted: Aug 21, 2012 at 1:37 Quote
hurtinunit wrote:

SC advises:
Low Rebound
Low Compression
175 psi boost valve

diferent bike diferent shox
Nomad 1 + RP 23 boostvalve / high volume
low rebound
low compression
225 boostvalve

works very nice, but needs more pressure than recomended (10 to 15 psi) and the low rebound even near fully closed on big its is too fast.

Posted: Aug 21, 2012 at 4:05 Quote
minty1 wrote:
tingmax wrote:

Got the Hans Dampf's 3 weeks ago. Used them tubeless, on UST rims with Stans sealant.
They were great. Just not for sharp rocky stuff. Would never ever use them again on alpine terrain. Got 2 big holes in the rear (middle and sidewall) and one in front (middle). They were too big for the sealant to fix them and the sidewall hole in the rear was to near to the bed and haven't been able to fix it. If you only ride in the woods and don't encounter sharp big rocks at high speeds, then this tire is great. For the alps, I'm staying with Maxxis UST stuff.

yeah but i need only ust tire because i want to put him on my new crossmax sx (rear) and crossmax st (front) (ust seems light.Thanks for your good review Smile . So i need only a good tyre for wet rock/roots.

Posted: Aug 21, 2012 at 11:06 Quote
yeti85 wrote:
minty1 wrote:
tingmax wrote:

Did you get snake wall option? Ride a fair amount of very rocky terrain in Wales etc and never had a problem,they come without snake wall which is supposed to prevent rock cuts,as well.

O+
Posted: Aug 21, 2012 at 13:07 Quote
minty1 wrote:
yeti85 wrote:
minty1 wrote:

Did you get snake wall option? Ride a fair amount of very rocky terrain in Wales etc and never had a problem,they come without snake wall which is supposed to prevent rock cuts,as well.

Yup, got the Snakeskin Evo TL ready. But bear in mind this happened at very high speed (where pedalling does nothing) over sharp rocks. They did well on that 6 times...7th time they gave up. All the other guys with Maxxis UST didn't have a problem. Otherwise great tires!

ps: contacted Schwalbe...still haven't heard of them. It was just weird for both tires to "die" on the same day.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017210
Mobile Version of Website