Post pix of your Nomad

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Post pix of your Nomad
Posted: Aug 21, 2012 at 13:45 Quote
yeti85 wrote:
minty1 wrote:
yeti85 wrote:

Got the Hans Dampf's 3 weeks ago. Used them tubeless, on UST rims with Stans sealant.
They were great. Just not for sharp rocky stuff. Would never ever use them again on alpine terrain. Got 2 big holes in the rear (middle and sidewall) and one in front (middle). They were too big for the sealant to fix them and the sidewall hole in the rear was to near to the bed and haven't been able to fix it. If you only ride in the woods and don't encounter sharp big rocks at high speeds, then this tire is great. For the alps, I'm staying with Maxxis UST stuff.
Did you get snake wall option? Ride a fair amount of very rocky terrain in Wales etc and never had a problem,they come without snake wall which is supposed to prevent rock cuts,as well.

Yup, got the Snakeskin Evo TL ready. But bear in mind this happened at very high speed (where pedalling does nothing) over sharp rocks. They did well on that 6 times...7th time they gave up. All the other guys with Maxxis UST didn't have a problem. Otherwise great tires!

ps: contacted Schwalbe...still haven't heard of them. It was just weird for both tires to "die" on the same day.
def' weird bro' I ride in slate quarries super sharp everywhere,still like you say maybe a bit of an all rounder for that use,still can't help thinking mayb just one of those days where whatever you ran you'd have flatted!Salute

Posted: Aug 21, 2012 at 19:49 Quote
wrote:
wrote:
Two diff' size shocks.

Same size shock as the Nomad 8.5 x 2.5
Blur: http://www.santacruzmtb.com/blurlt/#faq.php

What I need to know is how the different tune options Med vs. Low will affect the ride?

Posted: Aug 22, 2012 at 9:40 Quote
Nomad 2 use a 8.5 x 2.5 med tune shock.

I had a low tune FOX RP23 for my nomad MK2 ( med tune is the correct set up)

And i send it to Hippie Tech Suspencion for tunning and the shock works amazing.

Posted: Aug 22, 2012 at 13:06 Quote
wrote:
wrote:
hurtinunit wrote:
Two diff' size shocks.

Same size shock as the Nomad 8.5 x 2.5
Blur: http://www.santacruzmtb.com/blurlt/#faq.php

What I need to know is how the different tune options Med vs. Low will affect the ride?
Get it pushed. Amazing results you will be happy.

Posted: Aug 28, 2012 at 7:22 Quote
looking to get a nomad maybe, how does it handle all mountain? climbing?

Posted: Aug 28, 2012 at 7:42 Quote
cgoody wrote:
Have you been hiding under a rock?lol Seriously, google Nomad reviews and read up! Its a legendary AM bike for a reason!

Posted: Aug 28, 2012 at 9:56 Quote
cgoody wrote:
It is a great bike! I know of a sweet one for sale right now too!

Posted: Aug 28, 2012 at 10:15 Quote
haha well i wanted to hear from some pink bikers, im looking for a bike i can do freeride and xc with, i was leaning towards enduro evo but i found a nomad for sale for about the same price used

Posted: Aug 28, 2012 at 10:17 Quote
Dlongb13 wrote:
Mine?
YES cgoody, buy his! Worth the extra coin for a great build!!!

Posted: Aug 28, 2012 at 10:17 Quote
Dlongb13 wrote:
Mine?

haha i wish, little too steep of a price for me, but i would love that bike if i had the money

Posted: Aug 28, 2012 at 10:18 Quote
Trades!!! You can go over and do yard work!!!

Posted: Aug 28, 2012 at 10:19 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Trades!!! You can go over and do yard work!!!
Can also whore yourself out, worked for WTH!

Posted: Aug 28, 2012 at 10:19 Quote
i would work for that bike haha

this was the one i was looking at, i could pick it up, and its a better price, probably not the best parts like your nomad but its in my price range of about 2500

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/8582601/

Posted: Aug 28, 2012 at 10:22 Quote
cgoody wrote:
i would work for that bike haha

this was the one i was looking at, i could pick it up, and its a better price, probably not the best parts like your nomad but its in my price range of about 2500

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/8582601/
Man if you could scrape together the extra coin it would be so worth gettin the Nomad in discussion. Night and day, not even close!

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.037657
Mobile Version of Website