Post pix of your Nomad

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Post pix of your Nomad
Author Message
Posted: Dec 17, 2018 at 0:25 Quote
Anyone has the chance to try a Pole Evolink or Machine?

Thinking of making the switch from N3 to Evolink 158, but mindful of the big difference in length and weight. The Pole is about 3" longer and 1kg heavier for the frame.

Posted: Jan 19, 2019 at 11:52 Quote
Colk45 wrote:
Carbon CC X01. Upgrades include 35mm Chromag BZA stem, Ice Tech rotors (203 up front), Bontrager saddle, and a rad CNC top cap.

Sacred ride top cap.

I'm curious if anyone else is running their N4 with a short stem and if they had tried various stack heights. I'm 5'9 with a large N4, 33mm Renthal stem and have been running 20mm in spacers underneath with the standard SC 35mm clamp handlebar. I'm wondering if I'm missing a trick with my setup as the bike seems low at the front, although with it being quite a long bike for my height I need to keep the front weighted. Also on a 170mm fork. Any advice / previous experiences would be great.
Thanks.

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 8:39 Quote
Hi guys, I’m currently running a fox DHX2 on my nomad 4 with a 475 spring and I’m thinking about switching it out to a fox float x2. Anyone ran both and have an opinion on how the bike runs with the air shock compared to coil. Thanks

O+
Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 12:06 Quote
mike29 wrote:
Hi guys, I’m currently running a fox DHX2 on my nomad 4 with a 475 spring and I’m thinking about switching it out to a fox float x2. Anyone ran both and have an opinion on how the bike runs with the air shock compared to coil. Thanks

When I bought my Nomad 4 it came with the RS coil. I rode it for a year, and was never happy with it. It felt dead and if I ran the rebound fast enough to be lively, it was too fast for bigger hits.

Then I got a DVO Topaz air. It was a massive improvement. DVO didn't have a metric coil at the time. I had not had an air shock in nearly a decade as I've always preferred coil from way back when I put one on my Blur 4X and every bike since including all the Nomad versions.

Recently DVO Jade coil became available in metric, so I put that on. As much as the Topaz was hard to fault, my bias to coil over the years made me want to try the coil. It now feels even more lively and responsive. I will not be going back to air.

Posted: May 25, 2020 at 19:20 Quote
Santa Cruz Nomad CC V4. DVO Onyx Hope Raceface wheels Box 11 Gearing Raceface Sixc Cranks bar Saint Brakes Rceface stem seat post seat and pedals

Almost finished the new CC V4. Red Hope brakes and stem to come... hopefully but who knows right now!!

Posted: Sep 7, 2020 at 11:59 Quote
monkey-man wrote:
Santa Cruz Nomad CC V4. DVO Onyx Hope Raceface wheels Box 11 Gearing Raceface Sixc Cranks bar Saint Brakes Rceface stem seat post seat and pedals

Almost finished the new CC V4. Red Hope brakes and stem to come... hopefully but who knows right now!!
their back in production now ,with a large back log I suppose I had to wait a month for my hubs and I'm in the uk but they maybe catching up now.

Posted: Oct 8, 2020 at 9:00 Quote
Well, I cracked the rear triangle on my v3 Nomad. Being the second owner I'm S.O.L.

Does anyone have a v3 nomad rear triangle for sale?

Posted: Oct 8, 2020 at 9:02 Quote
BrandenG wrote:
Well, I cracked the rear triangle on my v3 Nomad. Being the second owner I'm S.O.L.

Does anyone have a v3 nomad rear triangle for sale?
Have you called Santa Cruz? I'd be shocked if they didn't give you a crash replacement deal price on par with what you'd be able to find in resale market. I don't know of anyone who's ever just been told to kick rocks by SC... regardless of first, second, or even third owner.

Posted: Oct 8, 2020 at 10:01 Quote
I was the second owner of my N3 and when it fell off the bike carrier they said they would sell me another at crash replacement cost if necessary.

Posted: Oct 8, 2020 at 10:55 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Have you called Santa Cruz? I'd be shocked if they didn't give you a crash replacement deal price on par with what you'd be able to find in resale market. I don't know of anyone who's ever just been told to kick rocks by SC... regardless of first, second, or even third owner.

Called them, they don't have any in stock in any color of the C or CC and will NOT be producing more. They recommended i take it to a repair shop. Yesterday, i took it to a local carbon repair shop and was quoted $600 to repair and paint.

Posted: Oct 8, 2020 at 10:57 Quote
BrandenG wrote:
Have you called Santa Cruz? I'd be shocked if they didn't give you a crash replacement deal price on par with what you'd be able to find in resale market. I don't know of anyone who's ever just been told to kick rocks by SC... regardless of first, second, or even third owner.

Called them, they don't have any in stock in any color of the C or CC and will NOT be producing more. They recommended i take it to a repair shop. Yesterday, i took it to a local carbon repair shop and was quoted $600 to repair and paint.[/Quote]
They'd almost certainly give you crash pricing on V4 nomad... not a lot they can do if they're just out of production stock on a retired bike, and their reply really doesn't have anything to do with you being second owner.

Posted: Oct 8, 2020 at 11:13 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
BrandenG wrote:
Have you called Santa Cruz? I'd be shocked if they didn't give you a crash replacement deal price on par with what you'd be able to find in resale market. I don't know of anyone who's ever just been told to kick rocks by SC... regardless of first, second, or even third owner.

Called them, they don't have any in stock in any color of the C or CC and will NOT be producing more. They recommended i take it to a repair shop. Yesterday, i took it to a local carbon repair shop and was quoted $600 to repair and paint.
They'd almost certainly give you crash pricing on V4 nomad... not a lot they can do if they're just out of production stock on a retired bike, and their reply really doesn't have anything to do with you being second owner.[/Quote]
My guess is they mean the v4 is not in stock anymore and no more will be produced. (V5 coming?)

The production for the v3 stopped long ago didn’t it?

Posted: Oct 8, 2020 at 11:27 Quote
christiaan wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
BrandenG wrote:
Have you called Santa Cruz? I'd be shocked if they didn't give you a crash replacement deal price on par with what you'd be able to find in resale market. I don't know of anyone who's ever just been told to kick rocks by SC... regardless of first, second, or even third owner.

Called them, they don't have any in stock in any color of the C or CC and will NOT be producing more. They recommended i take it to a repair shop. Yesterday, i took it to a local carbon repair shop and was quoted $600 to repair and paint.
They'd almost certainly give you crash pricing on V4 nomad... not a lot they can do if they're just out of production stock on a retired bike, and their reply really doesn't have anything to do with you being second owner.
My guess is they mean the v4 is not in stock anymore and no more will be produced. (V5 coming?)

The production for the v3 stopped long ago didn’t it?[/Quote]

trust me, i asked for v3, he had to check stock because he thought they still had some. I highly doubt V4 is out of stock seeing how people warranties are still good.

Posted: Oct 8, 2020 at 12:12 Quote
BrandenG wrote:
christiaan wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:


Called them, they don't have any in stock in any color of the C or CC and will NOT be producing more. They recommended i take it to a repair shop. Yesterday, i took it to a local carbon repair shop and was quoted $600 to repair and paint.
They'd almost certainly give you crash pricing on V4 nomad... not a lot they can do if they're just out of production stock on a retired bike, and their reply really doesn't have anything to do with you being second owner.
My guess is they mean the v4 is not in stock anymore and no more will be produced. (V5 coming?)

The production for the v3 stopped long ago didn’t it?

trust me, i asked for v3, he had to check stock because he thought they still had some. I highly doubt V4 is out of stock seeing how people warranties are still good.[/Quote]

This is probably mostly me wanting to se a Nomad 4 and hoping they stopped production on the V4. Watch the classifieds, sometimes swingarms pop up


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012088
Mobile Version of Website