Post pix of your Nomad

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Post pix of your Nomad
Posted: Jan 31, 2012 at 8:02 Quote
The paint might have chipped but the carbon probably would have been fine!

Posted: Jan 31, 2012 at 8:11 Quote
I'll post a picture later today. I don't even know if the alu will hold. I'll pray for the best.

Posted: Jan 31, 2012 at 8:38 Quote
thrice wrote:
I'll post a picture later today. I don't even know if the alu will hold. I'll pray for the best.
That does suck! How did it happen? Santa Cruz carbon has a higher stress limit than the alu!

Posted: Jan 31, 2012 at 8:41 Quote
I was riding over a rock garden and fell. It's happened a few times before but this time I guess the bike fell right on the edge of a rock. I got it on the go pro and that's how I noticed it. I never thought that would happen from a fall like that.

I haven't noticed any cracks, but it is quite a big dent.

Posted: Jan 31, 2012 at 9:10 Quote
thrice wrote:
I was riding over a rock garden and fell. It's happened a few times before but this time I guess the bike fell right on the edge of a rock. I got it on the go pro and that's how I noticed it. I never thought that would happen from a fall like that.

I haven't noticed any cracks, but it is quite a big dent.

Send Santa Cruz warranty/tech a photo of the dent and ask them if it is an issue or not. That's what I did when I dented my top tube, it wasn't bad and the response from Willie from SC put my mind at ease. They may have options if it's bad enough.

Posted: Jan 31, 2012 at 10:03 Quote
solomilo wrote:

I have been stuck between choosing this or the new clear colour. Could you share some pics of your lovely new ride outdoors? Thanks

I'll try to get you some this weekend. I'm not home during daylight hours during the week, so once Saturday gets here, I'll try to fire off a few. It's not nearly as shiny as it looks in this picture. If you've seen the finish on the black lowers of the Lyrik, then you've seen the finish on the frame.

Mike

Posted: Jan 31, 2012 at 10:04 Quote
davidstuartkelly wrote:
Love the Stealthy black look indeed, i too am a fan of the black look although my beast is Anodised...Welcome to the worlds best bikes IMO, Santa Cruz...

I'd have LOVED to get anodized, but this is close enough for me!

O+
Posted: Jan 31, 2012 at 13:42 Quote
photo

Finally got to ride it today. Was awesome. Loving VPP thus far. The small bump compliance is ridiculous compared to my old Kona. It is the smoothest and quietest bike I have ever been on.

Posted: Jan 31, 2012 at 13:43 Quote
I sent the e-mail to SC already, thanks.

Here is a picture of the dent.

rock garden fall fail

I envy you guys who are able to keep your bikes so clean. Pardon my messiness.

Posted: Jan 31, 2012 at 14:23 Quote
thrice wrote:
I sent the e-mail to SC already, thanks.

Here is a picture of the dent.

rock garden fall fail

I envy you guys who are able to keep your bikes so clean. Pardon my messiness.
OUCH!!!!!

Posted: Jan 31, 2012 at 14:35 Quote
What Santa Cruz says is even worse.

Marcelo,
Hello. Your dent looks sharp and deep-I would not recommend riding it hate to say. The last picture has black line in the middle-looks like a crack.
Swingarms run $300.00.
Thank you.

I'm toast. Of course I'm still gonna ride it. But I'm getting the replacement swing arm asap in hopes this one will last till then.

Although I must say, up close and personal it does not seem cracked. The paint did crack, but the frame looks fine (all things considered).

Posted: Jan 31, 2012 at 15:11 Quote
If you are convinced it is not cracked you should be fine! Throw some 3M electrical wrap over it and ride it! For sure they want to make $$$!!!

Posted: Jan 31, 2012 at 15:58 Quote
I'm sure they are just covering their bases so I wont sent angry e-mail later telling them they're liable or what not.

Paid for it already, I'm traveling to the states soon so I wanted to get that over with so I can pick it up.

I love riding too much to risk having the frame snap and being out of comission for a while.

Shit, could have gotten the titanium spring for that money.

Posted: Jan 31, 2012 at 19:07 Quote
Put water on it and see if it bubbles.

Posted: Jan 31, 2012 at 19:56 Quote
Thats a good idea. Dip it in a tub of water! Thrice, you must do alot of fast pace semi flat runs to be running a tripple chain ring?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.032730
Mobile Version of Website