Post pix of your Nomad

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Post pix of your Nomad
Posted: Feb 1, 2012 at 7:19 Quote
Hadn't thought of that water thing, like a punctured tube lol. I'll do it when I get a chance.

I basically do a one hour uphill climb on paved road and come back down halfway through trail and halfway through paved roads, and I do that three or four times a week. On weekends I do downhill runs.

I could get away without a big chainring, but I would have to make the middle and smaller one largers. And with the weight of my bike and some climbs I got to do, I would rather not.

Posted: Feb 1, 2012 at 7:44 Quote
Dlongb13 wrote:
photo

Finally got to ride it today. Was awesome. Loving VPP thus far. The small bump compliance is ridiculous compared to my old Kona. It is the smoothest and quietest bike I have ever been on.
How are you liking the new Kashima RP23? Have you rode a newer coil shock to compare to, mainly the plushness/small bump. I recently switched from a Van fork to the new Kashima Float 36 with the new Fox seals and I was blown away at how well the new air fork performs compared to the older model Floats I have had in the past! Even FR/DH guys are raving about the new air forks! Im hoping the shocks are closing the gap on the coil!

Posted: Feb 1, 2012 at 9:55 Quote
[Quote="thrice"]I'm sure they are just covering their bases so I wont sent angry e-mail later telling them they're liable or what not.

Paid for it already, I'm traveling to the states soon so I wanted to get that over with so I can pick it up.

I love riding too much to risk having the frame snap and being out of comission for a while.

Shit, could have gotten the titanium spring for that money.[/Quote

Damn thats too bad. I'm surprised it's that much $ to replace and that they wouldn't work with you a bit. Try to get some free bearings out of the deal atleast. Keep saving for that Ti coil though. I just got mine a couple weeks ago and i'm pumped.

Posted: Feb 1, 2012 at 13:46 Quote
I did get some bearings out of it, but the kit is like 20 bucks. Sucks. Rode the bike again today and it seems the bike is really cracked. I guess I didn't see it before because of the paint chips. Glad the rear triangle is on its way. Still debating on weather to keep using it or not. If the crack gets any bigger I'll stop.

Can't believe it, the 6th time I've broken a frame.

Posted: Feb 2, 2012 at 6:23 Quote
thrice wrote:
I did get some bearings out of it, but the kit is like 20 bucks. Sucks. Rode the bike again today and it seems the bike is really cracked. I guess I didn't see it before because of the paint chips. Glad the rear triangle is on its way. Still debating on weather to keep using it or not. If the crack gets any bigger I'll stop.

Looking at my nomad today i figured that the dent on your bike seems to be at outer part of the tube just where the inner part has a changed profile to create room for the tires.
So on this part, the tube maybe was already very close to its limits Frown
If it was me, first thing I would remove the rear triangle of the bike.
From the time i worked with hang gliders, learned that hard aluminum is tricky when dented.
If the tube has an open end, like mine, its possible to insert a piece of eva onto it, and push till it passes the dent for 6cm, then drip epoxy resin onto it untill it fills the tube some other 6cm form the dent, and wait till it dries.
Dont think this could really fix it, at least will keep you off the bike Smile

Posted: Feb 2, 2012 at 9:01 Quote
Just like that? Boom? Headshot? I like how you roll!

Posted: Feb 2, 2012 at 9:13 Quote
Yea boy! Decided to keep the blue Atomlab hoops and have them re laced black!

Posted: Feb 2, 2012 at 9:14 Quote
Black all the things!!!

O+
Posted: Feb 2, 2012 at 9:17 Quote
SoCalMX wrote:
Dlongb13 wrote:
photo

Finally got to ride it today. Was awesome. Loving VPP thus far. The small bump compliance is ridiculous compared to my old Kona. It is the smoothest and quietest bike I have ever been on.
How are you liking the new Kashima RP23? Have you rode a newer coil shock to compare to, mainly the plushness/small bump. I recently switched from a Van fork to the new Kashima Float 36 with the new Fox seals and I was blown away at how well the new air fork performs compared to the older model Floats I have had in the past! Even FR/DH guys are raving about the new air forks! Im hoping the shocks are closing the gap on the coil!

I really like the new RP23. I have ridden a 2009 model and this doesn't even compare. Its even more supple than my 2010 DHX Air. But as soon as the Cane Creek DB Air is available this will be sold and I will put that on it. I ride a lot of DH on my one and only bike and I ride a lot of XC so I need something that does both.

Posted: Feb 2, 2012 at 9:18 Quote
I have always liked colored hoops. Its a dark blue matching some other blue parts I have! Will see when its built up, maybe I will hate it? Doubt it though. A new wheel set is currently out of my budget!

Posted: Feb 2, 2012 at 10:29 Quote
SoCalMX wrote:
I have always liked colored hoops. Its a dark blue matching some other blue parts I have! Will see when its built up, maybe I will hate it? Doubt it though. A new wheel set is currently out of my budget!

Can't wait to see it. I went for the whole black thing, with high end parts. Classy rig... But now that I have it, I kinda miss something colorful to fool around with (not talking about foreign girls for that matter...).

Posted: Feb 3, 2012 at 7:17 Quote
SoCalMX wrote:
You went for It! I dont think you will regret it!

Posted: Feb 3, 2012 at 13:27 Quote
b1rdie wrote:
thrice wrote:

Looking at my nomad today i figured that the dent on your bike seems to be at outer part of the tube just where the inner part has a changed profile to create room for the tires.
So on this part, the tube maybe was already very close to its limits Frown
If it was me, first thing I would remove the rear triangle of the bike.
From the time i worked with hang gliders, learned that hard aluminum is tricky when dented.
If the tube has an open end, like mine, its possible to insert a piece of eva onto it, and push till it passes the dent for 6cm, then drip epoxy resin onto it untill it fills the tube some other 6cm form the dent, and wait till it dries.
Dont think this could really fix it, at least will keep you off the bike Smile

Quite a fix there lol. Thanks for the suggestion. Its held up till now like this. Just waiting on the rear triangle now.

Posted: Feb 3, 2012 at 13:29 Quote
The website says my bike has a 8.5” x 2.5 shock. But my shock says I have a 450lb - 2.8 spring.

What size spring should we buy for Nomad 2 non carbon?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017600
Mobile Version of Website