Pinkbike's Official *!Street Tuner!* Thread

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Pinkbike's Official *!Street Tuner!* Thread
Posted: Dec 4, 2008 at 16:41 Quote
ellisfreedman wrote:
I understand your point but I was talking about Dinan, Brabus and those kinds of companies for expensive vehicles, not the companies Injen and Greddy for civics. No shit Injen and Greddy would never stop making money because Hondas are so slow stock. But high performance vehicles are growing in power so fast coming from the factory. I'm just wondering when it will stop. And when it does stop, I think those high end companies will lose business.
Umm, Greddy went bankrupt.

Posted: Dec 4, 2008 at 16:44 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
The amount of mainstream cars that would hit 1000hp are slim to none. The M series, AMG series, RS series, and other performance series will never be 1000hp stock. They will always be high-powered, light, and lack the creature comforts that many buyers are looking for. Even within the past couple years, there aren't too many cars making more than 600hp that are within a reasonable price point that the upper middleclass consumer can afford. Once cars get into the $200,000 range, there aren't very many people who can afford them. Therefore, there will always be a market for performance accessories. I don’t know about you but at the rate cars’ horsepower is going, I get slightly agitated when I drive. The last thing I want to see is a young, newly licensed driver driving their parent’s car that has 300+ hp under the hood. Power plus inexperience equals fatality. As much as this sounds harsh, I have no problem if these kids are doing this and killing themselves but when they kill or hurt innocent people because of their stupidity, it is different. There is a motorcycle shop in the city that won’t sell anything over 500cc to newly license motorcyclists as the owner is sick and tired of watching kids kill themselves by purchasing high powered motorcycles right after they get their license and being involved in fatal accidents where excessive speed and inexperience were the main causes of death.

LOL! I was joking about 1000 hp. I was just saying that to prove a point. So if you are right in the power output will stop soon coming from high end vehicles then they can't get anymore expensive in years to come. With each generation the car will become slightly more expensive so it has to stop at some point.

And you would be surprised about how many people actually don't own their exotic car. Most of them are leased because people can't afford them but they want that rich image of themselves portrayed or they just want the car for what its made to do. Of course there are always different circumstances and cases however....

Posted: Dec 4, 2008 at 16:50 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
The amount of mainstream cars that would hit 1000hp are slim to none. The M series, AMG series, RS series, and other performance series will never be 1000hp stock. They will always be high-powered, light, and lack the creature comforts that many buyers are looking for. Even within the past couple years, there aren't too many cars making more than 600hp that are within a reasonable price point that the upper middleclass consumer can afford. Once cars get into the $200,000 range, there aren't very many people who can afford them. Therefore, there will always be a market for performance accessories. I don’t know about you but at the rate cars’ horsepower is going, I get slightly agitated when I drive. The last thing I want to see is a young, newly licensed driver driving their parent’s car that has 300+ hp under the hood. Power plus inexperience equals fatality. As much as this sounds harsh, I have no problem if these kids are doing this and killing themselves but when they kill or hurt innocent people because of their stupidity, it is different. There is a motorcycle shop in the city that won’t sell anything over 500cc to newly license motorcyclists as the owner is sick and tired of watching kids kill themselves by purchasing high powered motorcycles right after they get their license and being involved in fatal accidents where excessive speed and inexperience were the main causes of death.

CC's are misleading. So, why can't I buy an SV650S? Even a Harley Sportster? A GSX-R600 will eat either of those. I wouldn't own anything smaller than 500cc now, even though my test is July 09. I've been riding ten years now, been on motorcycles longer than bicycles. A Ninja 250 would bore the hell out of me, even the 500. And that also means I can't have an XR650R, or pretty much any adventure touring machine. I'm not saying I can handle a Busa, but under 500cc is stupid especially considering there are so many more variables. It is a great sentiment though.

Mod
Posted: Dec 4, 2008 at 16:52 Quote
In the twenty-first century, they have remained relatively stagnant. All the high performance cars are putting out between 400 and 600hp, and this seems to be pretty constant and has held over for several years. If anything, I would say that non-performance cars are catching up to their performance car counterparts at a hell of a lot cheaper price point. Look at BMW and the 3 Series putting out 306hp and then the M3 with 420. The normal 3 Series engine has come along way as far as horsepower is concerned from year to year while the M series seem to remain very close to what they were the previous year.

Posted: Dec 4, 2008 at 16:57 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
In the twenty-first century, they have remained relatively stagnant. All the high performance cars are putting out between 400 and 600hp, and this seems to be pretty constant and has held over for several years. If anything, I would say that non-performance cars are catching up to their performance car counterparts at a hell of a lot cheaper price point. Look at BMW and the 3 Series putting out 306hp and then the M3 with 420. The normal 3 Series engine has come along way as far as horsepower is concerned from year to year while the M series seem to remain very close to what they were the previous year.

Yeah I mostly agree with that. People don't realize how fast the 335i coupe is compared to the M3. If that's the model you were talking about.

Posted: Feb 1, 2009 at 20:01 Quote
What do you guys think about these VW golfs?

photo

photo

photo

photo

Mod
Posted: Feb 1, 2009 at 20:03 Quote
I like the first GTI. The last one isn't bad either. Not a fan of the older body eventhough there is one on You Tube that is sick.

Posted: Feb 1, 2009 at 20:04 Quote
The third one is very clean, my favorite of the group.

Posted: Feb 1, 2009 at 20:06 Quote
I'd say 2 and 3 are my favourites, I like the square body. I especially like the square bodies with the quad headlights.

Posted: Feb 1, 2009 at 20:09 Quote
order of my fAV
1 the 4th one R32 right?
2 the 3rd one
3 the 2nd one
4 the first. i dont like the new body style at all

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 at 19:55 Quote
ezekiel wrote:
I'd say 2 and 3 are my favourites, I like the square body. I especially like the square bodies with the quad headlights.

I love the MK2's, my dad was supposed to give me his old 1991 VW golf, unfortunately the engine seized up (its like 17 years old), it pretty much runs on like 2 cylinders now haha. It needs new crankshaft bearings and piston rod bearings. Its too much money to keep it living so we're selling it for parts (it has lots of mods and upgrades done to it)

Posted: Feb 22, 2009 at 12:37 Quote
I hate Volkswagen, their subliminal messaging is quite obvious.

Posted: Feb 22, 2009 at 15:07 Quote
Pyro011 wrote:
I hate Volkswagen, their subliminal messaging is quite obvious.

I like how you try to make us guess what an R32 and Mk4 is in the opening post.

Posted: Feb 22, 2009 at 15:28 Quote
CarbonOS wrote:
If you went further down, you'd discover he meant a R32 Skyline, and the MKIV Supra.

Posted: Feb 22, 2009 at 15:30 Quote
Quik5ilver wrote:
CarbonOS wrote:
If you went further down, you'd discover he meant a R32 Skyline, and the MKIV Supra.

Where in my post does it say that I didnt figure out what cars they were?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014509
Mobile Version of Website