Home Made Bikes

Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 18:24 Quote
laynehip wrote:

I am so stoked about this. Really looking forward to seeing it come together.

I just stopped in to drag the average on this forum down a little, way too much nice stuff being posted recently. I really can't believe the shit I get up to sometimes.

Anyway, happy "machining" Wink

Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 19:15 Quote
Hey soywater did you give up on the youtubes?

Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 19:40 Quote
soywater wrote:

Anyway, happy "machining" Wink

That is some solid fixturing my friend. If it works it works.

Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 20:58 Quote
Fueniker wrote:

That is some solid fixturing my friend. If it works it works.

it actually seems to have worked better than I would have imagined. If it’s a little off center, I’ll just tell people it’s that way to work with the oval chainring.

bigquotesHey soywater did you give up on the youtubes?

Nope, we’re still doing it. Slowly. My buddy that does all the editing has been busy with real shit lately. We’re actually in progress of condensing several months of footage and failure into a couple episodes, get caught up to June at least. This frame is really starting to look like something and you guys are still languishing in seat post jail...poor guy, he’s trying to dig out out the backlog and I just dumped another 4+ hours of footage on him. We’re going to have something real soon.

Posted: Jul 30, 2022 at 8:23 Quote
Hey everyone, I need some information on the Q factor to ensure my chain stays don't interfere with my crank arms or anything like that. Does anyone have some charts with different Q factor information or can anyone provide me with that information?
Thank you

Posted: Jul 30, 2022 at 8:34 Quote
AlanDuren wrote:
Hey everyone, I need some information on the Q factor to ensure my chain stays don't interfere with my crank arms or anything like that. Does anyone have some charts with different Q factor information or can anyone provide me with that information?
Thank you

SRAMs frame fit specs are real handy for that sort of thing!

Posted: Jul 30, 2022 at 8:38 Quote
jamieridesbikes wrote:
AlanDuren wrote:
Thank you

SRAMs frame fit specs are real handy for that sort of thing!

that's very useful thankyou

Posted: Aug 3, 2022 at 18:03 Quote
Hi, I'm thinking about welding a simple steel hard tail as my first homemade bike. I was wondering what people use for welding. I did some research and it seems like tig welders are the norm. Is there a cheaper alternative?

Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 6:49 Quote
I would probably look into brazing in your case then. Not any easier to learn, but the equipment will be quite a bit less expensive (even tho the consumables will be more expensive). Makes for nicer looking frames as well i think.

But maybe i got it all wrong because I don't have much experience with either.

Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 10:27 Quote
Ok thanks. I'll look in to that.

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 19:55 Quote
A well braised frame will go a long way as long as you don't punish it too much.

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 2:06 Quote
Frame done!
Needs a longer stem and bar tape, spds, and to sort the brake

Fixed gear
Reynolds 631
PF30 eccentric BB
12x100 hub spacing front and rear
54 tt 58 St
73 HA 75 SA
390 CS length

Very engaging ride

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 3:57 Quote
This looks like a blast and an absolute death trap at the same time!

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 4:06 Quote
Love the build and the thru axel. Is there enough tension to run a good fixed setup or are your running it single speed?

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 12:15 Quote
Death trap sounds about right!
Thanks! The BB has 16mm of adjustment but I think I need to torque it down a bit more. Might have to get the retainer out. No way to run anything other than fixed.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011381
Mobile Version of Website