Home Made Bikes

Posted: Nov 7, 2022 at 16:50 Quote
The PVD Bicycle Geometry lecture from PBE2022.

Hey folks, another lecture. This time on bicycle geometry. I'm sure it'll make me a lot of friends.

Also, a blog post with photos from the show

https://www.peterverdone.com/pbe2022/

Posted: Nov 7, 2022 at 17:14 Quote
pvd666 wrote:

Hey folks, another lecture. This time on bicycle geometry. I'm sure it'll make me a lot of friends.

Dangit, now I'm gonna have to spend the next 2 hours getting learnt

Posted: Nov 8, 2022 at 8:16 Quote
pvd666 wrote:

Hey folks, another lecture. This time on bicycle geometry.

If you allow me I'd like to send you a private message in 1-2 days about that video. There is a few things I'd like to add. Not that I took the "prove me wrong" as a challenge. But I don't think it would relate well with the "home made bikes".

Posted: Nov 11, 2022 at 18:54 Quote
soywater wrote:
Spoiler

WTF where did this beauty come from?? my god, that giraffe print saddle is top notch too!

Posted: Nov 12, 2022 at 4:37 Quote
soywater wrote:
Spoiler

hadn't had time to watch all your vids (missing epic stuff from the reviews posted....), but have been following along here...

my dood..! that's badass. tup

rod ends !!?! f*cking cool...! is that a way to adjust geo ?? if so, where is that 'f*ck you flip chip!' emoji and is that patentable...? you guys are the experts but I've never seen another suspension set up like it.

*Well, on a bike anyways. Lying on a cold cement paddock garage floor swapping a gearbox out of one of the racecars while it sits on jackstands gives you plenty of time to admire beautiful 'rod end' suspension components..lol...but I digress...

anyways... wow man..! . Salute

Posted: Nov 12, 2022 at 7:00 Quote
adm750 wrote:
soywater wrote:
Spoiler

hadn't had time to watch all your vids (missing epic stuff from the reviews posted....), but have been following along here...

rod ends !!?! f*cking cool...! is that a way to adjust geo ?? if so, where is that 'f*ck you flip chip!' emoji and is that patentable...? you guys are the experts but I've never seen another suspension set up like it.

*Well, on a bike anyways. Lying on a cold cement paddock garage floor swapping a gearbox out of one of the racecars while it sits on jackstands gives you plenty of time to admire beautiful 'rod end' suspension components..lol...but I digress...

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/ancillotti-scarab-evo-prototype-2017.html
Ancillotto used a pull rod for adjustment.

Nice build. Forum could use a "like' or "+" button for posts. I read along here, but dont post much. To many posts with "nice job" would clutter up the thread any way. So being able to just like post would be easier appreciation.

Posted: Nov 12, 2022 at 7:52 Quote
bigquoteshadn't had time to watch all your vids (missing epic stuff from the reviews posted....), but have been following along here...

Thanks! The rod ends on the linkage adjust the rear travel, they're 10mm 1.5 so each half turn changes the length of that link by .75mm. The aluminum link tubes are RH thread at the link and LH at the rear triangle, so they're basically infinitely adjustable to account for changes in the link length (travel) or if turned by themselves they'll lower/slacker everything until they run out of thread or it gets too low to ride. Honestly, I made it adjustable because I was sure I wasn't gonna get it right the first time. "If you can't make it right, make it adjustable"

All those parts are race car stuff, the swedged tubing is for shift linkage or suspension links in midget racers, the clevises on the ends are brace master cylinder clevises and it all came from Speedway Motors Big Grin

bigquotesWTF where did this beauty come from?? my god, that giraffe print saddle is top notch too!

Just a little something I've been screwing with, it really started coming together in the last few weeks. I love that saddle! It lives on the jump bike, I just stole it for bike stand purposes.

bigquotesAncillotto used a pull rod for adjustment.

Nice build. Forum could use a "like' or "+" button for posts. I read along here, but dont post much. To many posts with "nice job" would clutter up the thread any way. So being able to just like post would be easier appreciation.

Holy hell, those are gorgeous bikes.

Very much like that article mentioned, the magic seems to be in the link. Little changes in any direction make a big difference in how it acts (on paper, anyway) so if it's not progressive enough, or needs more travel or I need to change the leverage ratio in some way, I can just make a new link. It makes sense in theory, hope it works in practice.

Posted: Nov 13, 2022 at 8:31 Quote
That Ancillotto build was pretty sweet...!! Thanks Grumposaur

keep up the fine work soywater...and thanks for the deets on the linkage. Wink

Posted: Nov 18, 2022 at 16:57 Quote
I have a thing I like to do to keep my motivation up.

Until someone shows up to prove me wrong, I have the bike with the most wheelbarrow parts in it In. The. World.

That's right, world record stuff going on right here. Seat tube with the most pieces and bike with the most wheelbarrow parts. Multiple world record holder.

Posted: Nov 26, 2022 at 16:21 Quote
Just like they said at my last performance review, there's a lot of potential for improvement. However, considering it's my second frame ever and first bouncy one, the fact that it's a thing at all is pretty huge. That I was able to ride it around a little, down a couple stair sets, off a few curbs and it's not broken is beyond belief. Too soon to say, but so far it's quiet and seems to do the things. I'm gonna try to get it on dirt a little tomorrow, see what happens.

Forgive the cables, I wanted to test everything before I shorten it all. I also missed the the good light by about 5 minutes cuz I was screwing around. Anyway...

DCIM 100GOPRO GOPR1486.JPG

DCIM 100GOPRO GOPR1483.JPG

DCIM 100GOPRO GOPR1482.JPG

Posted: Nov 30, 2022 at 1:58 Quote
This is absolutely great!
Congratulations.

Posted: Nov 30, 2022 at 2:04 Quote
pvd666 wrote:

Also, a blog post with photos from the show

https://www.peterverdone.com/pbe2022/

Big thanks!
I will try out some of your ideas.
I´m curious.

Thom

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017398
Mobile Version of Website