Home Made Bikes

Mod
Posted: Dec 8, 2023 at 9:46 Quote
that bike is Drool Drool Drool

Posted: Dec 8, 2023 at 13:10 Quote
intentbikes wrote:
My first attempt at designing and fabricating an Aluminum full suspension bike. Although this took much longer than I anticipated, pretty much happy. I just need to work on the shock bushings a bit.
Had to fabricate the 'seat stays' twice because of one stupid mistake I did

my first attempt at designing and fabricating an Aluminum full suspension bike. Although this took much longer than I anticipated pretty much happy. I just need to work on the shock bushings a bit.

Yeti vibes on this one

Posted: Dec 8, 2023 at 15:00 Quote
I would ride it! Nice job intent

Edit: love the external gussets looks so cool

Posted: Dec 9, 2023 at 1:56 Quote
Thank you everyone! This Bike is the first Indian made Enduro bike, so I'm really stoked!

Posted: Dec 11, 2023 at 0:05 Quote
Hi,
Since you can't buy parts to build carbon frames, you have to make them yourself!
https://youtube.com/shorts/3yQUjRluVMY?si=Tg_pY37kG2EYYJv_

So my twinbrother and I thought about what cool things we could do with our own dropouts.
We make dropoutss for UDH and with variable chainstay length! We are more into cyclocross bikes, but if you feel like it, you can move back the wheel and put on even a 50 mm tire and go on epic gravel trips!
https://youtube.com/shorts/tmp8bMvquq4?si=08WNQLeJWlhlJ9T8

This is what it looks like, what do you think about this solution?

Construction progress at https://www.instagram.com/pyrkiewicz/
Welcome!!!
Greetings

Posted: Dec 11, 2023 at 2:17 Quote
intentbikes wrote:
My first attempt at designing and fabricating an Aluminum full suspension bike. Although this took much longer than I anticipated, pretty much happy. I just need to work on the shock bushings a bit.

my first attempt at designing and fabricating an Aluminum full suspension bike. Although this took much longer than I anticipated pretty much happy. I just need to work on the shock bushings a bit.
THAT is the different whip

I love the Nicolai-esque gussets and overall industrial aesthetics

Have you got an access to heat treatment equipment or how did you go about it?

Posted: Dec 11, 2023 at 5:42 Quote
letsgethurt wrote:
intentbikes wrote:

THAT is the different whip

I love the Nicolai-esque gussets and overall industrial aesthetics

Have you got an access to heat treatment equipment or how did you go about it?
Thank you! The frame is heat treated to T6. .

Posted: Dec 14, 2023 at 4:32 Quote
mrti wrote:
photo
photo
photo

Looks interesting. Are the dropouts going to be 3d printed?

Posted: Dec 14, 2023 at 5:34 Quote
mrti wrote:
photo

This is super sexy

Curious how you route the brake hose and shift cable.

Posted: Dec 14, 2023 at 5:36 Quote
Interesting, but with a concentric idler do you get some antisquat ?

O+
Posted: Dec 14, 2023 at 8:02 Quote
Will-narayan wrote:
Interesting, but with a concentric idler do you get some antisquat ?

If the idler is concentric, then the antisquat is mostly determined by the pivot location. Likely that frame has around 130% juding by the picture. Antisquat is determined by just drawing a line from the rear contact patch through the main pivot and determining the height at which that line intersects a vertical line through the front axle and comparing that height to the height of the system center of mass. Then depending on the gearing, the chain pitch angle from the cassette to the idler can add or reduce antisquat. On a concentric idler, if the rear cassette gear is bigger than the idler, the chain adds antisquat, usually as much as 30% difference.

This one is pretty firm in all gears

Posted: Dec 14, 2023 at 8:43 Quote
To answer some questions:
- the dropouts and some other parts of the frame are 3D printed. The flex in the dropouts is very minimal around 1deg.
- I have not planed any cablerouting for the RD. I know it is a bit controversial, but I am actually a fan of the SRAM AXS. The rear brake will go up throuigh the hollow ST structure, internally around the upper pivot point and into the upper stays through the yoke. Very hidden, but also very experimental! Same for the dropper post, even though I consider going wireless for that too.
- The antisquad is between 97 and 114% depending on gear and rear wheel compression. I admit that I will make sacrifices in kinematics for aesthetics, Since I am a designer and not an engineer, this just seems to be my nature.

O+
Posted: Dec 14, 2023 at 9:28 Quote
mrti wrote:
- the dropouts and some other parts of the frame are 3D printed. The flex in the dropouts is very minimal around 1deg.
- I have not planed any cablerouting for the RD. I know it is a bit controversial, but I am actually a fan of the SRAM AXS. The rear brake will go up throuigh the hollow ST structure, internally around the upper pivot point and into the upper stays through the yoke. Very hidden, but also very experimental! Same for the dropper post, even though I consider going wireless for that too.
- The antisquad is between 97 and 114% depending on gear and rear wheel compression. I admit that I will make sacrifices in kinematics for aesthetics, Since I am a designer and not an engineer, this just seems to be my nature.

I like it, its really clean. Also, that is a good range of antisquat for a trail bike. Race bikes benefit from a little more, but go above 120 and pedal kickback starts to wear me down. A design with zero pedal kickback could definitely go higher, but i haven't seen a design like yours and it looks like it will work really well.

For your brake routing, i would recommend some type of fixed elbow joint to make the turn to the seatstay. Headset cable routing is almost that tight and barely fits on a 90mm headtube. Seatubes are tighter than headtubes. Plus, an elbow can be hard mounted in the seatube somewhere so you never have to remove the cable - just disconnect the banjo and lever and rebleed. Alternately, you could do hard tubing like a car in the frame and bolt a flextube between the hard lines aft of the turn to the seastay. That would be cool and have a firmer lever feel, and you would not have to faff with it much at all

Posted: Dec 14, 2023 at 13:09 Quote
mrti wrote:

Ah i can spot the cable ports now. I feel you with the axs only for the rear derailleur, went down the exact same route with my design

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014371
Mobile Version of Website